GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/11/13 06:35 PM

To view the screenshots: Dagon Gallery

You can visit the The Official Website here.

You can visit their FaceBook page here.

Quote:
H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon is a horror Point&Click adventure based on H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu universe. Escape from Dr. West’s Hospital, explore the eerie town of Innsmouth and get behind the secret plans of the Esoteric Order of Dagon!

H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon is developed using the Wintermute Engine (http://dead-code.org ) and currently planned for Windows PCs and Macs and will initially be available in German and English.

The game will feature 2 playable characters, plenty of lovely locations like morgues, graveyards and Innsmouth’s famous sewer system and interactions with a colourful array of lovely townsfolk.

History

The game initially started as a university project in 2009 but has now, in early 2013, been resurrected and is being redeveloped from scratch.

Features

based on H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu universe

two playable characters (male/female)

available for Windows and Mac (with an option for iOS) in German and English

sountrack by Jan Kavan from CBE Software ( http://www.cbe-software.com/ ), who already composed the music for titles like Dark Fall 2, Barrow Hill, Destinies, Ghost in the Sheet, Tale of a Hero , J.U.L.I.A. …

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/11/13 08:21 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/11/13 08:24 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/11/13 08:59 PM

Thanks for the info Sheriff. Its always good to hear about a new game being developed, especially by an Indie whos passion for making this game since 2009 is still strong.

I do like dark stories in games but dislike dark screens. I know that in games, dark is supposed to be scary but I hope they are planning some better light filtering or something to bring the screens alive. Its also nice to know that they list the game as being point & click so we know but I don't see anything about what perspective. Is it first or third person? IMO...Horror always plays better in the first person...
Posted By: oldman

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/11/13 10:27 PM

I hope he succeeds. H.P. Lovecraft stories have always been good vehicles for Adventure Games.

I remember playing Call of Cthulhu, Shadow of the Comet years ago and thoroughly. I have never found any upgrade of this game to play on newer machines but wish some company like GOG or Steam would make Shadow available. In my opinion it was one the most under rated Adventure Games to come along.

Anyway back to the subject, I'll be watching the progress of Dagon and would support any kickstarter effort.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/11/13 11:34 PM

Thanks for the news, Ana. Looks interesting.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/11/13 11:41 PM

Spooky scared
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/12/13 10:59 AM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre !! Looks like it could be a good one grin
Posted By: GBC

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/12/13 12:31 PM

Thanks Ana, looks good.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/13/13 10:07 AM

Looks like a good one Ana! Thanks!
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/13/13 02:44 PM

To give credit, where credit is due. The music in Tale of a Hero was done by my friend Pavel Krychtalek. I did all the sound effects for that game. wink wave

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/13/13 03:53 PM

Thanks Jan!

Ana wave
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/13/13 06:38 PM

Nice Ana ! thank you.
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/16/13 12:20 AM

Oh this is such great news! I'm an official H.P. Lovecraft addict and I LOVE the idea of his towns and places coming to life in a way that lets me explore his creations! Neat! Thanks for the good news and for giving me something game-related to look forward to! smile

Tracy
Posted By: ThomasDagon

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/24/13 01:34 PM

Hi Gameboomers,

and thanks Ana for posting this!

I'm Thomas, the developer behind Dagon - just wanted to say thanks for the nice comments so far :-)

@GreyFuss: You are right, the screens are a bit to dark at the moment, when creating them I was only working on one machine where they looked ok, but in the future I'll test on a broader range of systems to ensure they look ok everywhere - dark is good, but at least you should be able to see things :-)

I'm keeping the website, Facebook and Twitter accounts up to date with the latest screenshots, news etc, so please have a look if you are interested!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/24/13 02:27 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, ThomasDagon, and best wishes with your game. thumbsup wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/24/13 02:31 PM

Hi and welcome to GameBoomers, Thomas!

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/24/13 03:09 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Thomas! Good to see you here. Looking forward to your updates and progress on the game.

Ana wave

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/24/13 04:31 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The latest update was a character study of the game's villain, Doctor Herbert West:

http://orderofdagon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/herbert_west.jpg

More will hopefully follow soon!

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 05/24/13 04:35 PM

Very nice!

Ana wave

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 10/30/13 06:16 PM

Hi Gameboomers,

I thought some of you might be interested in this adventure related Kickstarter campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/AntCarpendale/playing-with-fear-the-world-of-horror-video-games

Filmmaker Ant Carpendale is crowdfunding for a documentary on horror games, and H.P. Lovecraft's Dagon will be on of the featured games as well as other horror adventures (or adventure related games) like Fran Bow, Amnesia, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Neverending Nightmares and many more!

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 10/30/13 06:45 PM

Interesting project, thanks Thomas!

Ana wave

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 10/31/13 03:41 AM

Very much like the looks of your game, ThomasDagon thumbsup thumbsup

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 10/31/13 09:57 AM

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/04/14 12:55 PM

Hi Gameboomers,

I hope it's ok to bump an older thread, but since my last update I have uploaded a couple of new screenshots and other news.

If you are interested in the progress of the game I'd be very happy if you check out the Facebook page https://facebook.com/dagongame or the game's website http://orderofdagon.com/screenshots/ for the latest news and updates.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions :-)

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/04/14 01:10 PM

Thanks for all that - especially the fabulous screenshots !! yay
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/04/14 03:59 PM

Thanks, Thomas! The screenshots look great.

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/04/14 04:38 PM

Thanks, glad you like them :-)
Posted By: traveler

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/05/14 10:57 PM

Whew!
Those screenshots were enough to give me the willies, especially the one of the man sitting off-center on a bench with the barely seen tentacle rising behind him.
Naturally, being a goof, I liked the looks of the villain. grin
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of H.P. Lovecraft but this looks like a game I'd enjoy and I will keep watching for it.

Gil.

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/06/14 02:52 PM

Hi Gil,

thanks, much appreciated!

For people who haven't read much or no Lovecraft, the game will be playable without any previous background knowledge of the mythos (of course it will be more fun to get the references :-) ).

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/06/14 04:41 PM

Oh, I'm a fan of Lovecraft and am anticipating a great Adventure broccoli
Posted By: sanford

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/06/14 10:37 PM

Thanks, Thomas and Ana. This game looks like it will be a "winner", and I look forward to playing it. Good luck, Thomas.
Sandy
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/09/14 01:37 AM

I'm a huge fan of Lovecraft work and Dr Wests story one of my favorites.

Very beautiful screenshots, very nice work

We are waiting...

Let's hope i can play it... (still trying to play Darkness Within lol)

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/17/14 11:19 AM

Glad to hear there are so many Lovecraft fans around :-)
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Announcing H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon - A New Horror Adventure - 03/19/14 11:41 AM

I am a fan too - I'm looking forward to this!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community