GB HOMEPAGE

Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good!

Posted By: Jessa

Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/11/15 10:15 PM

I love this game. LOVE IT. It is so good! So here is what it is:

A full motion murder mystery video game set in a sleepy little English village.

You play is Jenks, a police constable who has one evening to solve the mystery of a woman drowned in the village.

The gameplay is simple: you talk to suspects and look for the contradictions, the lies. When you find one you confront the person and if you are correct, they come clean and the story moves forward.

I played this in two sittings, took me about 9 hours or so?

I am going to be really straight with you. This is the second best adventure/mystery game I have ever played, the first being The Last Express.

Some things to note. The game is very low on violence (there is one scene of self-inflicted violence in the woods in the latter part of the game). There are no curse words. Family friendly for kids over say, 8-10 (but I would play it along with them).

In fact, this is a great game to play on the couch with others - you guess which statements are the lie together. So fun.

So yeah, I came here to share this because I felt many here would love it as much as I do. Plus, it was a kickstarter game and I want a sequel.

Lastly, the acting is very fun - a little campy, especially Inspector Jenks! The bad guys are GREAT! Everyone does a very good job.

You can get it on Steam: Contradiction - Spot The Liar! http://store.steampowered.com/app/373390/

Also, if you read reviews about it, you may see it mentioned that the controls are not good and keyboard only. This is no longer the case of August 9th. Mouse control has been added.

Also, you can buy this on IoS and play it on your tablet!

ITunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contradiction/id953844528

The best part? It is only $10. TEN DOLLARS, people. GO BUY IT!

P.S. I do not work for these people. I just love love love this game.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/11/15 10:23 PM

Why does it say RPG and Strategy under the genre?

Ana wave

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/11/15 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Why does it say RPG and Strategy under the genre?

Ana wave

I haven't the foggiest. It is definitely not an RPG nor would I call it a Strategy game either. It is definitely more a adventure game. It has an inventory, it is (after August 9th's update) point and click, Detective Jenks with find things in the environment to pick up and put into inventory.

I have also decided that I would be happy to buy a copy for Gameboomers, as a gift, for honest review. How do I do that? PM me if needed.

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/11/15 10:50 PM

I will contact the developer for a review copy if our reviewer wishes to cover it. We don't accept gifts from members but thank you for the offer.

Ana wave

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/11/15 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I will contact the developer for a review copy if our reviewer wishes to cover it. We don't accept gifts from members but thank you for the offer.

Ana wave

No worries! I just want this game to do well so they will make a sequel! :-)
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/17/15 05:42 PM

urock

Thanks for the tip, It looks and sounds like a hit yay

I'll def. get a copy of it praise

Cheers and thanks again

sherlock
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/17/15 08:13 PM

Let's talk about it now! I just started playing it and it's really an interesting game, I have to say. And really beautiful! Can't talk right now, have to do the dishes before the boss comes home, but THEN I'll get right back at playing it! rah
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/17/15 09:04 PM

Sounds good. I'll check it out. smile
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/17/15 09:24 PM

Picked up a copy also- it's on my 'to play' list, but I might just move it up because it looks real good- thanks for the suggestion, Jessa.

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/18/15 04:14 PM

Just finshed it, an it was a great experience. I also would like to thank Jessa for theinformation. Thanks! =)
Posted By: BobH

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/18/15 06:54 PM

Thanks Jessa, I just bought it. I look forward to playing it.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/18/15 09:44 PM

I'd like to play this game - but not via Steam lol

I found a download *deleted website* which doesn't "mention" Steam but I don't know if that means it's Steam Free .. or .. even the site is safe !! think

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/18/15 10:21 PM

That website is not legal Mad. You can pretty much tell when they have new releases for free on there. I edited it out of your post.
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/18/15 11:36 PM

Mad-

The game is also available for the iPad and can be bought through the iTunes store- check the first post.

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/19/15 03:04 AM

Thank you very much, BrownEyedTigre. I should have realised myself that the site couldn't be a good one redface
[I guess I'll just pass on this game then.]

Ewil02 .... Thanks to you also.
I was aware that the game was available for small screen gadgets but I don't enjoy playing Adventures on small acreens. I only play Match3 type stuff on them laugh

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/22/15 09:37 AM

Yeah! Word is getting around! I have played it through twice now. So much fun.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/22/15 03:38 PM

I have just finished this game - and can't praise it high enough. It does have some drawbacks, but it is indeed a masterpiece. Ling live FMV adventures smile
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/22/15 07:56 PM

too bad it is not on GOG. I don't use steam.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/23/15 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By: gamenut
too bad it is not on GOG. I don't use steam.

I agree 100%. I would buy it from GOG.

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/24/15 01:33 AM

Loving the game! Every once in a while I'm not able to click on an area where I should but I have always been able to recover. Very good acting, good story so far, good intrigue and reveals.

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/24/15 04:13 AM

Yes. I too would buy it from GOG yes
Posted By: dorish

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/26/15 02:50 PM

I just finished playing it. What a good game! The acting was great. I must say, I would never make a good detective, as I used umpteen hints.

Doreen

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/27/15 05:41 AM

Doreen, I am using hints constantly but so far none of the cheats. I would not enjoy it nearly as much without the hints. It would be just too hard I think. In fact they encourage you to use them. I look at them as just part of the game. At some point you still have to find the contradictions yourself.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/27/15 01:12 PM

Bob, I have to admit I used 6 cheats and a walkthrough LOL!

Doreen

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 08/28/15 12:45 PM

I used hints also, but sometimes you have to otherwise you might get bored and quit.
So I don't think it's bad, instead I'm grateful there was a good system for getting some aid inside the game. Let's hope there will be a sequel! =)

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 10/03/15 04:47 AM

For anyone who is still on the fence about this great game, I am doing a playthrough of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_OEWpM2tZM&index=1&list=PLvwrEqwe9aSXaCDgKLDGhy7ua2_W806Oz

I am going to try to get an interview with Tim Follin, the creator, to add on as the final episode. Wish me luck!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 10/03/15 11:45 PM

I hope you can get an interview, Jessa. And thank you for the link! wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 10/06/15 04:59 PM

Thanks Jessa for you info about the game - I really couldn't afford to buy at this mo but went ahead anyway & did after watching your You tube play through as far as it got & got too tempted!!!! I haven't got that much further ahead but love the FMV aspect, think the actors do a great job of keeping you guessing as to their angle & think Inspector Jenks is quite expressive & enigmatic if a tad over the top!!! lol

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 10/08/15 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: chrissie
Thanks Jessa for you info about the game - I really couldn't afford to buy at this mo but went ahead anyway & did after watching your You tube play through as far as it got & got too tempted!!!! I haven't got that much further ahead but love the FMV aspect, think the actors do a great job of keeping you guessing as to their angle & think Inspector Jenks is quite expressive & enigmatic if a tad over the top!!! lol

You are so right, Chrissie! I tease about that in the playthrough. He attended the eyebrow school of overacting! LOL

I am glad you bought the game and and I hope you are enjoying it.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 10/09/15 04:22 PM

Do you really need a quad core to play this game?
Posted By: Vegpot

Re: Why is no one here talking about Contradiction, the interactive murder mystery? It is SO good! - 10/15/15 03:39 PM

Just bought it for 3.99 on itunes, it works and looks fine on my ipad, only just had an initial 10 mins on it but it's different, so far it reminds me a little bit of the Carol Reed Mysteries but with full motion video!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community