GB HOMEPAGE

Oxenfree

Posted By: venus

Oxenfree - 01/16/16 05:36 AM

I haven't seen any mention of this game here, and thought some people might be interested in it. I've been playing it and have really enjoyed what I've played so far. thumbsup It's very unique in that it has no cutscenes. The entire narrative is experienced through player interaction.

Here is the link in case anyone is interested - http://store.steampowered.com/app/388880/. Unfortunately, no GOG version exists at this time, but here is a link in case anyone wants to vote for the game to possibly be available there at some point - http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/oxenfree.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Oxenfree - 01/16/16 02:38 PM

Thanks for the link venus, going to go check it out
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Oxenfree - 01/16/16 05:06 PM

For those that like puzzles, it is not for you. It is a dialogue driven game, like interactive fiction rather than a puzzle driven game.

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Oxenfree - 01/16/16 05:13 PM

It looks interesting, venus - thanks! wave

Re: Oxenfree - 01/16/16 05:46 PM

Great, hope you like it, Winfrey! smile

Ana, you're right, I should have explained that. I actually thought I had; I guess my brain was tired after having played for quite a while. lol It was written by former TellTale employees, but it's a lot more interactive than (current) TellTale games and with no QTE's. thumbsup Definitely still story and exploration driven rather than puzzle driven, though. smile

You're welcome, Marian. wave
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Oxenfree - 01/16/16 08:16 PM

Looks very interesting, thanks...
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Oxenfree - 01/17/16 01:32 AM

thanks for the links Venus. Since you like the game I know I need to give it a look because we seem to enjoy the same style of games. smile

Re: Oxenfree - 01/17/16 06:36 AM

You're welcome, CountZero.

You're welcome, Space Quest. You have great taste in games. grin lol Hope you like it if you decide to give it a try. thumbsup
Posted By: Cocoa

Re: Oxenfree - 01/17/16 12:08 PM

Thanks Venus for that post as I had looked at this game on Steam and came here to ask if anyone had heard about the game or had played it. smile
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Oxenfree - 01/17/16 01:57 PM

I went and voted for it on GOG... hope it gets on GOG

Re: Oxenfree - 01/18/16 01:24 AM

You're welcome, Cocoa. Glad someone else is interested in the game and thought to mention it as well. thumbsup

Thanks, Winfrey! I hope it shows up there, too. yes
© 2024 GameBoomers Community