GB HOMEPAGE

Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release?

Posted By: boidsonly

Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/17/16 04:12 PM

I'm sure I have missed quite a few games that have been released in Retail Box in the last several years and I'd like to find and play them. If you have been staying on top of this as a collector, can you post the game and the source? It could help all of us in the end?

I have found, in physical form:

Gone Home (Dev. website)
Lifeless Planet (Amzn)
The Samaritan Paradox (Amzn UK)
CatLady (Dev website)
To the Moon (http://www.barkman.com/categories/PC-Games/)
Gone Home (Dev website)

I'll list more to this post as I remember them.

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted By: Marian

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/17/16 04:56 PM

Interesting idea, as a lot of players prefer physical copies of games. I hope you get some more contributions to this thread. wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/17/16 05:00 PM

I haven't bought any in a long time, but I'm sure folks will contribute here if they can.

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/17/16 05:31 PM

I can only say "Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments" off the top of my head.
[Mine was from Amazon but I think it had to be played via Steam.].
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/17/16 09:11 PM

Runaway (Amazon)
Posted By: venus

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/18/16 03:02 AM

I know that Life is Strange has a physical release. Unfortunately, it looks as though you need Steam to play it, which kind of defeats the purpose. sad Also, the PC version isn't even available to be shipped to the US, except maybe on ebay. I miss the days where disk versions were easy to come by.
Posted By: Gnabgib

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/18/16 03:51 AM

The ABC Murders is upcoming with a retail release in Feb. The last game i bought a physical copy of was Alter Ego and that was over 2.5 years ago. None of the stores around me even carry physical pc games anymore. The few I've managed to buy, i had to buy online from Amazon.
I used to be able to go into Bestbuy and find new games that came out, now you almost have to know the game you want and seek a place to buy it.
Posted By: meryl

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/18/16 09:34 AM

I always buy the Nancy drews in physical form direct from HER Interactive. don't know when the next one will be released though as it's all change there at the moment.

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/18/16 10:05 AM

There ARE probably more than have been posted here to date, but many games have to be played via Steam these days, whether they are downloads or disks.
And that can put me off buying disks (which are my favourite kind of purchase) without intense prior investigation !! frown
Posted By: Monokuma

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/18/16 10:55 AM

There is a list of European (mainly German) retail releases that contain the full English version of the game and are DRM-free (no steam or other service required) in this blog:

http://shinji-nerd-life.blogspot.com/
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/18/16 04:06 PM

Thanks, Monokuma!

Ana wave

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/18/16 04:36 PM

Definitely going to take a peek .... Thank you, Monokuma thumbsup
Posted By: boidsonly

Re: Can we put together a list of recent games with Retail/Physical release? - 01/19/16 01:40 AM

Nice! Thanks.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community