GB HOMEPAGE

Miazma to see Steam release on April 30

Posted By: ergggo

Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/23/18 04:16 PM

I just noticed that Private Moon Studio's Miazma (or "The Devil's Stone") will be released on Steam on April 30. The publisher is listed as "Microids Indie".

I have been looking forward to the release of this game, since I really enjoyed playing the AGON series and even more-so "Yoomurjak's Ring". I hope Microids Indie (or anyone else) will re-release Yoomurjak's Ring, since I'd like to replay it.

This latest game continues the adventures of Jonathon Hunt, who returns to the Hungarian city of Eger for a vacation. A preview of the game can be viewed here .
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/23/18 09:22 PM

There will be an official announcement soon. It will be a great addition to the Private Moon library.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/24/18 03:36 AM

I don't see anything that says this is voiced in English or just subtitled like Yoomurjak's Ring

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/24/18 03:56 AM

It's a full localization in English, with voice, interface and subtitles.

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/24/18 04:10 AM

Hi Sheriff

I did see those words and I hope you are right but couldn't localization in English also refer to the subtitles and voiced could just mean as in the original language...was it Hungarian?

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/24/18 04:22 AM

I have the game, it's in English. Voice and all!

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/24/18 04:25 AM

joy dance yay

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/24/18 04:25 AM

lol Glad to see you are happy!
Posted By: sanford

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/24/18 09:15 PM

Thanks for all this info.This game looks very interesting, and I look forward to it's release
Sandy
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/28/18 03:34 AM

Great news indeed!
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/28/18 10:58 PM

is the game point and click? Good game?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/30/18 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: VRMpls2
is the game point and click? Good game?

Yes it's point-and-click.
Yes it's good.
Posted By: frazap

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/30/18 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: ergggo
I just noticed that Private Moon Studio's Miazma (or "The Devil's Stone") will be released on Steam on April 30. The publisher is listed as "Microids Indie".

I have been looking forward to the release of this game, since I really enjoyed playing the AGON series and even more-so "Yoomurjak's Ring". I hope Microids Indie (or anyone else) will re-release Yoomurjak's Ring, since I'd like to replay it.

This latest game continues the adventures of Jonathon Hunt, who returns to the Hungarian city of Eger for a vacation. A preview of the game can be viewed here .

If you own an iPad you can buy and play Yoomurjak on that. Most (all?) movies are replaced by stills but it actually works very well, in some respects even better than the original.
Posted By: Pilaus

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/30/18 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: frazap
If you own an iPad you can buy and play Yoomurjak on that. Most (all?) movies are replaced by stills but it actually works very well, in some respects even better than the original.

Yes, the movies were replaced for a smaller size in Yoomurjak's Ring iOS version. But the story and the puzzles are the same and there were some enhancements too such as better resolution and new features: tutorial and hintbook.

Would be great to know what you liked better in the iOS version wave2

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/30/18 12:59 PM

Good suggestion, frazap. Unfortunately I have access to PC's only...no fruit-based devices.

Pilaus, are you aware of any plans to distribute the PC version of "Yoomurjak's Ring" for Windows 10? And as long as we're already off-topic: any chance of crowd-funding "Tale of the Four Dragons" to allow its completion?

Back on topic: can't wait to download another Private Moon release in a few hours!

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/30/18 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Pilaus
Originally Posted By: frazap

Yes, the movies were replaced for a smaller size in Yoomurjak's Ring iOS version. But the story and the puzzles are the same and there were some enhancements too such as better resolution and new features: tutorial and hintbook.

Would be great to know what you liked better in the iOS version wave2

Although I enjoyed the PC version it got a bit "too much" towards the last third or so. I found the game to be a bit too hard for its own good, with not enough clues and pointers as to what was necessary to do to bring things forward. I had to use a walkthrough for the last bit since I got tired of more or less aimlessly running around in those vast areas looking for hotspots or clues. Using a walkthrough more or less destroys the experience for me, but in the case of Yoomurjak there was no way around it. It was hard in a bad way, simply unfair at times.

The iOS version felt a bit "tighter" if that makes any sense... The scaling down of things works to its advantage.

Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 04/30/18 03:13 PM

frazap, you have perfectly described Miazma for me. I beta tested it and found it got to the point in the last third of the game where it wasn't fun any more. They finally provided a walkthrough, but I'm with you - a walkthrough spoils the experience and the difficulty just seemed to be difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the game, even though there was an awful lot of "toing and froing."
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 05/01/18 06:36 AM

It is not yet released?

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 05/02/18 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
frazap, you have perfectly described Miazma for me. I beta tested it and found it got to the point in the last third of the game where it wasn't fun any more. They finally provided a walkthrough, but I'm with you - a walkthrough spoils the experience and the difficulty just seemed to be difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the game, even though there was an awful lot of "toing and froing."

That's bad news. I love difficult games, but only if they are fair. The last parts of Yoomurjak was not, since it more or less required a telepathic connection to the developers to solve without a walkthrough. Too bad if they made the same error with Miazma.

Well well. I will of course buy Miazma anyway. The good parts of Yoomurjak were really good and altogheter I really liked the game.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 05/02/18 02:53 PM

Maybe you will find it more to your liking than I did.

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 05/02/18 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ergggo
are you aware of any plans to distribute the PC version of "Yoomurjak's Ring" for Windows 10? And as long as we're already off-topic: any chance of crowd-funding "Tale of the Four Dragons" to allow its completion?

Ergggo, I can answer the first question: Yoomurjak's Ring is also on the agenda smile

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 05/03/18 03:53 AM

Thanks for the great news, Pilaus...I'll be looking forward to it. I hope you can keep an option to listen to the game in Hungarian while reading English subtitles. That way there is no issue with the lip movements being unrelated to the vocal sounds being heard, and Hungarian is an interesting language to listen to even if I don't understand it.

Koszonom!

Re: Miazma to see Steam release on April 30 - 05/04/18 03:24 PM

A complete User Guide for Miazma has been added on Steam. It explains controls and gameplay and also provides some hints.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community