GB HOMEPAGE

MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/02/18 03:08 PM

You can purchase Here.

Quote:
Jonathan Hunt is a journalist from New York. Solving the case of Yoomurjak’s ring earned him the reputation of an expert of mysteries in the past. This time he is asked by a nuclear physics institute to throw light upon a disappearance, but the mission turns into a hunt for a peculiar meteorite that fell on earth centuries ago. What is inside the devilish stone? There must be a good reason why certain persons have been trying to get hold of it at all costs.

Playing as the main character in third-person perspective, you will
- Investigate a curious disappearance and search for clues
- Decipher secret documents
- Solve puzzles left behind from the past
- Explore the enigmas of obscure laboratories in a top-level scientific institute
- Interview characters about what they know and what they do
- When in trouble, use the laws of nature and common sense to escape
- Unravel the legend of mysterious cosmic treasures and prevent disaster!

Key features:
• Immersive storyline
• Third-person perspective
• Live-action cinematic scenes
• Over 20 real locations to explore
• Over 20 characters by excellent actors and voice artists
• A series of puzzles and challenging tasks perfectly integrated in the plot
• Smart apps for various tasks
• Easy mode: optional tutorial, in-game hints and skip-puzzle functions
• Logged dialogues
About the previous episode: Yoomurjak’s Ring
The story begins when Jonathan Hunt, a journalist from New York, arrives in the city of Eger in Hungary for a break. He has local ancestry and speaks the language, but this is not the only motive for his visit. In the heritage of his great-grandfather, the globetrotter professor Samuel Hunt (known from the Agon series), he found two letters dated back in 1898. The letters were from a somewhat lunatic Hungarian scientist about a time machine he claimed to be working on. The references point to Eger, and Jonathan wants to find out what happened to the man and his preposterous invention. But soon he realizes that someone is desperately trying to stop him…

About the development of Miazma
Like Yoomurjak’s Ring, this title is also an FMV adventure game, developed by the same crew. It takes you to real locations with live-action cinematic approach. The game designer is Pierrot, also known for his adventure game series Agon.

Miazma was developed with the support of the Institute for Nuclear Research of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Atomki) in the framework of scientific project Understandable-available physics. English localization was supported by EPS, NuPECC and ENSAR2. Additional supporters: KIA Motors Hungary.

Happy Gaming!

Ana
Posted By: Marian

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/02/18 03:14 PM

Thank you for the news, Ana. smile
Posted By: CountZero

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/02/18 05:26 PM

I never played the first game, is that ok?
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/02/18 05:27 PM

Thanks. And since I already know from the previous thread that the last third of the game won't be wonderful, I won't care about that and can fully enjoy the rest, so thanks to those who beta tested as well.
Posted By: Mad

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/04/18 07:00 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup
Posted By: gremlin

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/05/18 02:22 PM

I played and reviewed the previous game back in 2009. If they've maintained that level of professional production, it'll be worth playing. I gave Yoomurjak's Ring an A- at the time, because it was a good story, well told and well made as a game despite a few minor flaws.

Is this one in English, or Hungarian subtitled in (slightly ropey-at-times) English, as Yoomurjak's Ring was?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/05/18 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: gremlin
Is this one in English, or Hungarian subtitled in (slightly ropey-at-times) English, as Yoomurjak's Ring was?

The English version is 100% in English, both voice and subtitles.
Also the voices sound like they were done by native English speakers.
Posted By: Pilaus

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/05/18 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Originally Posted By: gremlin

The English version is 100% in English, both voice and subtitles.
Also the voices sound like they were done by native English speakers.

Yes, voices were done by native English speakers, with one exception. (Altogether 21 voice talents for 22 characters).

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/09/18 04:27 PM

The Miazma English website with user guide and a developer's walkthrough (hints) is now accessible! smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/09/18 05:03 PM

Thank you very much for letting us know, Pilaus! wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/10/18 12:54 AM

Thank you Pilaus!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/10/18 03:59 AM

Hope everyone enjoys this game... if you liked Yoomurjack's Ring, you will also love this one!
Posted By: Mad

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/11/18 09:05 AM

Is there any chance the game might eventually be offered in a non-Steam version ??

[I very much enjoyed Yoomurjak's Ring.]
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/11/18 07:13 PM

I'd like to be able to play Yoomurjak's Ring prior to Miazma since this is a sequel, so I'm hoping it becomes available. I believe I saw in a different thread that it will (if I understood it correctly).
Posted By: Iurii

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/13/18 03:12 AM

Thanks, Pilaus!
Posted By: Iurii

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/20/18 04:52 PM

I have completed 'Miazma', and I have to say I like it a lot smile

It is not as great as 'Youmurjak's Ring' though, much shorter and claustrophobic, as we spend most our time in Atomki (the Institute of nuclear physics). And if some players do not like too many dialogues (I do smile ) - they can find it boring to outlive the first day and to proceed to the second one where there are much more puzzles and dynamics.

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/20/18 08:15 PM

Thanks for that info Iurii. Sometimes too much dialogue bothers me.

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/20/18 10:01 PM

Thank you, Iurii smile

Miazma has a rich story and dialogs are needed to unfold it. Many people like dialogs and many don't. Hard to please both smile

In Miazma, the designers addressed this through various techniques/options.

First of all, likeable characters. Some of them really amusing.

Second, all dialogs, movies and cutscenes can be skipped with a click. (Puzzles too). This means you can click through any part (like the first day) quite quickly. I you do so, you'll miss some of the story and clues that will be needed later in the game, but...:

Dialogs are recorded in a journal so you can look up everything even if skipped!

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 05/20/18 10:34 PM

I try to never use skip buttons as I don't want to miss anything, even long dialogs, but it is nice to know they are available.
Thanks Pilaus!
Posted By: sanford

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 06/04/18 07:45 PM

Iurii, Bravo for finishing this game. I'm stuck at one point. (Please read my post on "Adventure Game Hints"-"Miazma Dead End"). Any help you can provide to me would be greatly appreciated.
Sandy
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 06/04/18 11:07 PM

So they borrowed from MMORPGs which allow skipping cut scenes so people repeating repeatable content don't have to watch it every time. I used to be the one who hadn't done it before in SWTOR and would watch the cutscenes. Some people handle having to wait for the newbie better than others.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 06/05/18 01:09 AM

Skipping cut scenes was allowed in adventure games as far back as the 1990's. Just depended on the game. It's certainly not unique to MMORPG's.
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today - 08/11/18 08:28 PM

Oh Boy!! another vacation in Hungry!! bravo thumbsup hearts
© 2024 GameBoomers Community