GB HOMEPAGE

Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - Walkthrough done!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - Walkthrough done! - 05/08/08 02:06 PM

If anyone needs any help with Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet please post here.

EDIT: There is a bare bones walkthrough being written by MaG HERE. It will be added to as the day progresses so check back as needed.

Also you can use the search feature on the forum to find the answer in this thread that you may need since the thread is so long.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 02:19 PM

I need help in the theatre, putting together vincents note with the decoder. I do not understand how to use the decoder.

Also in the theatre backstage I need help in opening the locked box,or possibly a save game, never been good at these jumping over to get to other side games.

now if I can help in anyway up to where I am stuck, be glad to share what I have done thus far.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 03:20 PM

Sherryah, I can't find anything by Googling. Hopefully someone will be by soon who can help you out. luck
Posted By: menahune

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 03:27 PM

I can't even get started ... the game just freezes on the second instruction screen ... it just sits there, and there's no spot to click on to continue

I thought it was just slow and would turn over eventually ... still nothing. I tried again by uninstalling and downloading again ... same thing

I see above that others are playing, so I must be doing something wrong ... anyone else have this problem?

I've wasted almost the entire trial period ... help please

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 03:35 PM

Menahune, did you email BFG support? They will be the ones most likely to help you.

Have you turned off your firewall and any virus protection while you try to install? And closed other programs?

I have had to do that for one other BFG game, but when I did it, the game installed just fine. luck

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 03:47 PM

Also, no worries on wasting your trial period menhune. It will not start ticking down till the game is installed and running. As long as you aren't playing, there is no limit.

Ana wave
Posted By: Kate

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 04:09 PM

menahune...
Did you click on the right corner x?
I had the same problem and when I figured it out I went....duh... smile

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 04:56 PM

oh, for crying out loud ... thank you very much

double duh

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 04:59 PM

lol Have fun now menahune!

Thanks Kate!

Ana wave
Posted By: lilkim55

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 05:03 PM

Menahune, I had the same problem. Try clicking the upper right coner where the red X would be. That square medalion thing is how you close a scene. Lillian

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 07:58 PM

In the theatre backstage I no longer need help opening the chest because hubby did it for me.

However I still am stuck in the theatre room I need to decode vincents note and can't figure out how to use the decoder.

for those who do not know what I am talking about I think I am in level 4. Even though I am still stuck I love the way the puzzles are so different and so much fun. I also find it fun to use Sherlocks lab again.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 09:24 PM

Sherryah....I just got home from work, I'll load up the game and see if I can get caught up to you.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 09:32 PM

thanks cool Ana, looking forward to you doing that.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 09:42 PM

Sherryah...
What is the trick to the tile puzzle on the locked box?
I have been fussing with it for a while and can't figure it out.

Can you help me?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 10:01 PM

Hi kate, my hubby had to do it for me, but the object is to get all the white pieces where the black pieces are and the black pieces where the white pieces are. You can jump over pieces but you cannot go backwards. There are two items you need in the box and are used backstage.
Posted By: Donnakaren

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 10:09 PM

I have never played any Sherlock Holmes games. I am at the very beginning, and have no clue what to do with the thread in Holmes lab. I checked it under the microscope, but after this can not figure out what to do to progress in the game. Any help will be appreciated!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 10:17 PM

Donna,

Place the cloth under the scope.
Use the scissors or tweezers to get a thread and he will say he will keep it as evidence. It will be see in the evidence frame later.

-------
Sherryah,
I rushing to replay and just got to backstage for you.
I'll be back for the decoder. Just got done in backstage.

-------
Sherryah,

Decoder - First, check the letters at the center - they are clues.
You already have 2 clues: one with pipe - HOLMES and the one on the right Da VINCI (LZXJQPJ).
So click a letter on top that needs to be changed (for example for HOLMES - it is the coded word VHEIKU.
Click on V and see a new set of letters. Click on H and see that Under the V the letter is now H.
Now you start decoding the message at bottom. All the V there are now H.
Continue to change the letters for HOLMES to Holmes.
Then do Da Vinci.
You will see clues to do the others,one is Shakespeare...
I think you can go from here now.
All the V at the bottom are now replaced with H.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 10:29 PM

I think I am just starting Level 3...I'm trying to hurry also. lol

Kudos for a great game so far though!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 10:38 PM

I understand what needs to be done with the tiles and the rules... I just can't figure out how to do it.

Mag.... can you help me?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 10:44 PM

thanks MaG, I figured out holmes by pipe, but didn't even notice the right side.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 10:44 PM

Kate.

Where are you?

Sherryah,

Click to reveal..
Left: Mozart, Cervantes, Shakespeare, Holmes.
Right side: Da Vinci, Conan Doyle, Washington, Voltaire

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 10:58 PM

Thank you so much MaG, I was running out of time. If no one has told you lately that your great! well I am now and gratefully appreicated also by all at GB.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:06 PM

Mag..
I am backstage. The box on the left has a tile puzzle on top.
I need to switch the right tiles with the left tiles. You can only go in one direction with each color. You can move 1 square or jump over the adjacent tile. I am stumped.... smile
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:08 PM

How do I start, how do I get the landladies letter together, mainly where do I put it together at?

Flo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:10 PM

MaG,thanks to you I beat the timer with decoding vincents note, but what do I do after reading it? the timer is still ticking down. Is there suppose to be a few mispelled letters in vincents note? I have 2 minutes to go and I do not want to have to do over this level.
------
Flo, you take the letter you found and hold it over the small puzzle piece in your inventory bar, this opens another large window where you assemble the pieces. You can rotate them with your right mouse button, they do not stick together but the pieces fit perfectly. When it is assembled the will hold together and form the complete note. Hope this helps you.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:15 PM

Sherryah - No mispelled words. Double check those letters to the spoiler I posted above. Double check that you have replaced the letters on top so that the message is correctly spelled.
----- Be sure that you have done the BUT and KNIFE on the message.

Kate - to do this puzzle always keep different tiles side by side.
Start by pushing right tile, then jump a left tile over it.
Then move right tile.
Jump the left tile and so on - keep different tiles side by side.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:19 PM

Thanks Mag... I will try.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:21 PM

You can do it. Do it slow and you'll get it.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:33 PM

Mag- Thanks- I did put it under the microscope, and got that message. Can't go any further after backing out of the lab area. What do I do now?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:36 PM

Are there still objects in the bar under the lab area? You have to do each one before you can quit.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/08/08 11:43 PM

Kate:

White - Black Tile puzzle at level 4 backstage:
Click to reveal..
White - W; Black - B.
W B B W W W
B B B B
W W W W W
B B B B B
W W W W W
B B B B
W W W
B B
W

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:19 AM

OK.... I solved the coded note, got the box open, used the things in the box and saw a name. Look at dead man' photo, collected the things from it. Got the things from the suspect and now I don't know what to do next.

Not to sure about the deduction chart. Have managed to get green lines on all except the thing that looks like a clock but don't really know what I am doing with that.
also.... the table that holds the locks.... it puts the puzzles you have finished into it. Is there anything else to do with it?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:29 AM

Go to police frame. Click on file at left tray and you should have several pictures. You should do all those and usually new places appear.
I think after the body - Lord whateverhisname is is the next one. Also check the right file tray.
Then check map for new places.

The deduction board and the microscope table can be done later.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:30 AM

MaG,trying to put together Brians tattoo I saw what it should look like by his picture but please tell me how do I know if the piece of the wall puzzle is correct? This is not an easy tattoo to remember. Thanks

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:37 AM

Gee - I remember this on my first - I stopped on this replay.
Let's see - I remembered that the top looks like a spread eagle and the bottom is like a straight line with a hook to the right.

You will know if it is correct because it will fuse and he will say so.

Make a sketch-drawing and you can make it. I did this by trial and error bec I missed seeing the tattoo.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:39 AM

Sherryah, there is no way to know. Even when you are done, it takes a momemt to register. It really agitated me because i had to do the level twice because I ran out of time and it gets stuck and thinks before telling you it's right.

No time to waste, the game is afoot. lol

The tattoo is collected as evidence off the suspect and also on the wall.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:44 AM

Check the shape of the pieces and see which one looks to be the correct fit.
I did it and forgot to take a picture of the finished wall stuff.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:49 AM

wow this is the most fun I have had playing a game, its like we are all in the same computer room. LOL

I solved the tatoo by clicking on everything and don't ask me how but it worked. I went back to holmes place and used lab stuff however no more objects are left and nothing is lighting up to tell me where to go. no new places. Please tell me where or what do I do after assembling brians tattoo? no place is left open.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:51 AM

There is something in the Garden of the landlady's house that is stopping me from moving forward, but I can't figure out what it is.

I found all the clues, decoded the message, so the deceased's room is now locked, after uncovering painting of girl. But the Garden is still open and the girl is not showing up in suspects file. After finding the message to decode, is there something else to be done in the garden?

Flo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:57 AM

Flo, its been awhile since I went there but you did unlock the cabinet in the garden right with the key? and got everything out of the cabinet?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:59 AM

I got the page that needed to be decoded, was that all I needed from there?

I have all the clues from the garden.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:01 AM

trying to remember did you knock over the pot in the cabinet? are there any objects that need found left in your inventory bar?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:07 AM

There are no objects left to get. I got the message and the girls name and then your supposed to be able to go to Scotlan Yard and read about her as a suspect. The gears in the evidence box are gold so that means there is nothing to actually do with any of the evidence. So, I don't know.

I only have 4 minutes left, and only 10 minutes on the trial. I'm going to buy it anyway, and start over. I'll be able to save the hints now that I know what to do to get to that point again. See what went wrong.

Thanks anyway,
Flo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:10 AM

MaG and Ana, forgive me I feel so stupid the problem why I wasn't seeing anything new was I had not clicked on the green check mark on Lindon, now Lindon's place has opened up on the map. This is my sign to go to bed, so until tomorrow, goodnight from Ireland its after 2:00 am.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:21 AM

Flo, I went back to the garden in level 5 to complete it. There is a whole nother round in there.
If in doubt that you are missing something, try and move the objects in the inventory box. If they don't move, you didn't find it yet.

Sherryah, sweet dreams and see you tomorrow.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:46 AM

I have all the clues from the garden, the book page and the decoder card. I've decoded the message "I will kill you Vincent" and it shows up after clicking each letter and the name of the next suspect is there. But the suspect is not showing up at Scotland Yard.

This is only the 3rd place to find clues, to get to the 3rd suspect. The gears in the clue box are gold which means nothing left to do with clue items. But the garden won't lock because there is still something outstanding. All my hints send me to the same place I found the book page, there just isn't anything else to do there that I can see, yet the game won't move on.

Could it be a glitch, or is there something I'm missing doing. All clues in evidence box move, so I have them all. I don't have anything left to analyze. Already did green cloth and cigarette ashes. Nothing shows up in bar.

Am I supposed to do something with garden knife found in garden?

Flo
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:56 AM

Okay I'm having trouble in the Garden. I don't know how to begin to decode the letter. Can someone tell me what to do? I have all of the items and I finally figured out to put the letter over the puzzle piece to get the decoder, but I don't know how to use it. I have read the other posts, but I still can't figure it out...a little slow I guess? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:56 AM

Hello everyone I am playing this game too and it is soo much fun but I am trying to do the slider in the safe behind the picture and am stuck is there a certain way to move them or is it a random puzzle it is driving me insane I keep having to start the level over because of this puzzle. please help if you can. Thank you Trisha redface

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:04 AM

Flo, Did you check the character on the left file tray?

Sly, Move the decoder to see the red checked (L) letter on the middle hole. Then you will see the words of the letter.
Click on each letter to form the letter at bottom left.

Trisha, I stopped replaying and can't remember the slider. Let's wait.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:07 AM

Hi MaG

Both suspects have been checked, the guy that found the body and the landlady. But the girl doesn't show up. I even downloaded the strategy guide and went to that spot, but I did everything. Maybe I should just uninstall and install again.

Flo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:11 AM

I will see if I can redo the slider and mark moves. I'm better at doing than explaining. :loL:
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:14 AM

Thanks MaG. Duh?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:18 AM

Trisha,

The pattern you need to copy is the one on the left.
Move the cursor over a tile and see the arrows. Those are the directions that you can move that tile.
Move the squares to copy pattern that looks like a 4 on the left.
Do one arm first, then the horizontal tiles and then the other arm. luck

Sly - you got it?

Flo, Any new face on the right file tray? Check also if all the circles on the locations are grayed out already. If it is still gold - it's not finished.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:34 AM

Yes, the garden is still gold, but I just don't know what to do there. If all the evidence is found and the letter has been decoded, what else can there be.

I'll check the right tray.

Nothing showing up in right tray, and only 2 suspects in left tray, both checked.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:36 AM

Are you sure all items have been found? Click and see if it is movable as Ana stated. If not click the puzzle or gear at the bottom after each item pick up. There might be something to be read yet in that inventory.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:37 AM

The timer is seriously agitating me... <sigh> I also discovered that playing with a puzzle that is done takes away time in the game. I am afraid I have redone Level 6 for the last time this evening. I love this game but the timer has to go. frown

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:37 AM

Thank you MaG I finally got it but never would have without your help but now I am in the hall by the bookcase and for the life of me I can't figure out what i have to get by the bookcase and my time is going down I really don't want to have to do that slider again any hints. Thank you Trisha

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:40 AM

Everything goes back to inventory box. The gear is gold, which means nothing left to do mechanically. As for the puzzle piece, that was for the letter, that is done. I have all items.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:41 AM

There is a code you will get to let you know what letter sequence to push Trisha. I am suffering from timer agitation and it's affecting my thought process. I believe there is a paper under the rug?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:42 AM

Flo will it let you go to a different place on the map and did you go to sherlock's table where the microscope is. Okay Thank you will go check and i know what you mean by timer agitation. Thanks

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:42 AM

Trisha,

Find the items. If you get the paper that is under the left corner carpet - click the puzzle icon.
Then you will do that puzzle by darkening tiles based on the numbers on the left.
Once that is completed, you will get letters.
Then you can work on the close up view of the books.
Click on the books clued in by the letters and you will get another item for the inventory.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:59 AM

No Place to go to, nothing left to analyze, the only things that showed up to analyze were the green cloth and cigarette ashes.

Is anything supposed to be done with the mud traces found in garden. They don't show up anywhere as evidence like the knife, shoe print and cigarette ashes which are at the deduction board.

If I can't figure it out tomorrow, I'll uninstall and reload.

Thanks anyway,
Flo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:09 AM

Flo,

Gid you click on the green check marks under the suspects and characters' pictures? You have to do that to be sure that it is entered in the game.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 04:07 AM

Yes, I did everything I should have. Both suspects are checked and you can see them on the left with check marks under their picture.
Posted By: widget

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 07:31 AM

Where is the walkthrough for this,?? not sure if I like it or not yet,

mine 'froze' to start with, mouse would not move, might be allright now.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 11:33 AM

Flo,

The check mark appears automatically on the suspects' puzzle when you are done but you have to click on it when it shows up to be accepted by the game.

Widget, I don't know of a walkthrough for this game yet.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 11:35 AM

widget, today is the first day for public release, walkthroughs are written by folks like you and I who have to get the game and write them. Patience.... grin
Posted By: Dyl'smom

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 12:30 PM

Quote:
Patience....

...is a virtue, none of us (myself included) seem to have crazy

Dyl'smom

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:00 PM

lol I know...but the good thing is, you can always post here and get help.

Ana wave
Posted By: widget

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 01:06 PM

'Folks like you and I' lol
have to have a lot of patience if it is 'I' broccoli broccoli

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:00 PM

Yes, I checked them both off.
Posted By: hjulygirl

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:06 PM

I'm feeling really dumb - even with the spoiler, I still can't get the the tiles in the right places.

Help

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:11 PM

hjuly,
Follow the spoiler slowly: click on the W or B tiles as stated and see that at the start it should be WB WB WB - alternating colors.

Flo, I trying to find out where the saved games are located or how I can help you by seeing your game.
Meanwhile - check if you have new places to go to or new ones in old sites.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:15 PM

Flo, are you sure you can't progress by ignoring the garden? I swear I had to go back to the garden a level later after other evidence emerged and then it was done. Can you check out other areas to see of something is missing elsewhere? There are three areas to get caught up on paperwork in the desk too at Scotland yard. Have you double checked all three?

Widget, you crack me up! rotfl

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:35 PM

When you say WB are they old or new tiles?
Posted By: Margie

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:35 PM

Hey Guys!

No fear a walkthrough is coming! monky

There's been so many games released in the last week that I wasn't able to get started on this walkthrough. I will start working on it later on today and I will let you guys know when it gets posted.

MaG and Ana have really done a great job in keeping up with this game!! Especially since it just came out. You guys should give them a hand bravo They Rock!!!

Margie B

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 02:37 PM

Only one tile of one color can be moved - so do the movable colored one. luck

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:00 PM

Thanks Margie...you can see how popular your guides are! It's so hard to do with a casual game since the saves over write each other. I tried to do screenshots etc and it's impossible to do in most situations without starting over or running the timer down. Kudos to you...you do a fantastic job. I was not cut out for the hints part of gaming.. lol
Posted By: fildil

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:12 PM

Is there any way to magnify the garden after you've been in the bedroom. I can't find the key, the book or the footprint. Everything is so small or else I'm really losing it. grin I recognize the locations from SH and the Silver Earring.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:15 PM

fil, there are some that I would never have found even after the hint was given. I looked around as best I could and used the hints for the one you absolutely couldn't. I did a lot of random clicking and it worked 99% of the time.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:22 PM

Fil,

I can't remember the book; but the footprint is under the NE corner-in front of that thing.
The key is in the ?hanging? pot above that same place.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Margie

MaG and Ana have really done a great job in keeping up with this game!! Especially since it just came out. You guys should give them a hand bravo They Rock!!!

Margie B

bravo MaG bravo Ana bravo Margie puppy
Posted By: fildil

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:30 PM

Thanks MaG, this game is a little hard on my eyes. lol
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Margie
Hey Guys!

No fear a walkthrough is coming! monky

There's been so many games released in the last week that I wasn't able to get started on this walkthrough. I will start working on it later on today and I will let you guys know when it gets posted.

Margie B

I'm waiting patiently Margie - as patiently as I am able rotfl
I am stuck in Level 1 and feeling like a dummy since I can't see anything I haven't done but still not moving on duh

Love,
Linda

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:31 PM

I applaud all of the mods, especially the ones who help each of us when we are stuck in the games and make walkthroughs. Like I said to MaG last night your all great!

Ok, I am really stuck at the safe in Lindon hall, trying to make the number 4, thus far that is my most hated puzzle. Any help or secrets would really be appreciated. Looking forward to that walkthrough Margie. Has anyone finished the game yet? I hope its a long game.

Big hugs to all Mods

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:34 PM

fil, I believe there are gamma settings in the options. Have you tried to change them to see better?

Sherryah, you are passed Level 7 now aren't you? I left off on that level last night and I am back to work.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:45 PM

Sherryah,

I still don't know where the saves are located.
Let me see if my memory can guide you.

Start on the left vertical arm. Count how many are needed for that arm using the picture on the left.
Raise the second from left column and push the required tile(s) to the left to make the correct number. Then lower that second column down.
You will see that one of those row (I think second from top) needs 2 tiles side by side. When you lowered the second column - push 2 tiles to the left and then lower the rest to make the horizontal middle tiles. Push back the recessed 2 tiles to the correct position.

Now, count how many tiles are needed to make the horizontal middle tiles.
Push down the remaining tiles to make that horizontal line.

Now do the right vertical lines.
Start pushing the tiles below the horizontal tiles to the right and up to make it.

The tricky part is making the 2 tiles side by side on 3 points on right side.
By this time you can play with it.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 03:45 PM

Ana, I agree the only improvement I can think of is if there could have been voice, and killing the time clock! I would have loved to take my time solving the puzzles, after all it is called casual game, but there is nothing casual when your panting to beat the game clock.
Posted By: owlluv

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 04:12 PM

praise to Ana, MaG & Margie!!! We love ya! praise

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 04:25 PM

I finally got pass the tile part. Now I having problems with decoding the message from the dressing room. What is the correct name for the pipe and the picture?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 04:33 PM

hjuly, it is Holmes and Da Vinci

ana wave
Posted By: Sanderella

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 04:36 PM

Hey Holmes players!!!

I've been refreshing this thread every 30 seconds and had to join because this is driving me crazy. I read MaG's response to Sherryah and I must be way dumber than her because I still can't figure out the sliding boxes to make the "4" on the left.

I've been pretty good at getting every other puzzle (so far) on my own but this is killing me! A step-by-step would help a lot.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 04:53 PM

welcome Sanderella,

Let me see what I can do. I need to find a saved game for this to replay or another game that has a smiliar puzzle.
Be back if life doesn't intervene.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 05:12 PM

There has not been a Casual Game yet we have been able to use a saved game from so I am not sure that will work. They save over themselves so you only have one and they are to your unlock key/profile.

The puzzle can be replayed from the chess game in the middle of Baker Street though.

welcome Sanderella:

Ana wave

Posted By: Suz2

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 05:18 PM

Not sure which level I'm on maybe 7? I finished the 4 slider safe. The problem I am having is opening a box where you need to place 10 different numbers, but you only get 5 tries. I can figure out a way to solve the puzzle without relying on pure guessing that finishes the puzzle in 5 moves. I need 6. Any clues? The code resets every 5 moves.
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 05:34 PM

Can someone tell me how many levels there are? I'm on level 4 and am almost finished the trial time.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 05:43 PM

Susz, I solved the puzzle by starting out 1,2,3 etc. and hitting the button. The remaining ones I increased by one to the next remaining #. I solved it the first time.

jldcat, I believe there are about ten. I left off at 7 and there were still things to do.
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:15 PM

Thanks BrownEyedTigre, I guess I will pick this one up. Sounds quite challenging from the posts I've read!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:18 PM

It is really quite fun jldcat. I like the fact you can redo the puzzles if you want also. They are separated so you can do them again.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sanderella

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:21 PM

MaG:

I got it! It only took me about 3 hours, and I felt like a dolt after I finally got it... but I got it!

Nearly done now, having trouble finding all the pearls, and my trial for the Strategy Guide has expired. I'll get back to it tonight!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:33 PM

welcome Sanderella

Don't you feel like doing the victory dance now? happydance bravo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:36 PM

I am in desperate need with graph picture from the safe. help

And Ana you are soooo right about that timer it makes me want to hardwall
Posted By: lilkim55

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:42 PM

Hi All, Is there a way to redue the coded letter from the garden ? I messed up the "will" part, left out an L . There seems to be no way to correct it. I tried to reset by going back in to the garden clicking the letter over the puzzle piece.Just comes back to incorrect puzzle. Any help appreciated. Lillian

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:42 PM

1. Push column 2 up once. Push top ball of column 2 to the left once.
2. Push column 3 down 3 times.
3. Push top ball of column 2 left once.
4. Push column 2 down 2 times.
5. Push row B left side to the right once.
6. Push row B right side to the right twice.
7. Push row C right side to the right once.
8. Push row D right side to the right twice.
You now have column 6 and 7.
9. Push column 7 down twice.
10. Push last (right side) tile of row E to the left once.
11. Push row F to the right twice.
12. Push bottom of column 3 up once.
13. Push row G to the right twice.
14. Push row F to the right twice.
15. Push row G to the right once.
16. Push bottom tile of column 7 down once.
17. Push row F to the right once.
18. Push last 2 tiles of column 7 down once.
19. Push last tile of column 7 to the left once.
20. Push top tile of column 7 down once.
21. Push row C at right side to the right once.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:44 PM

Owlluv,
Can you kick my memory and describe the safe puzzle.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:47 PM

You have to black out the squares by the coordinating numbers--thanks MaG

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:50 PM

I thought this one is the one from hallway. This was given by Ana.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 06:53 PM

Thank you MaG & Ana!
help cannot figure out the number sequence for the box! help

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 09:44 PM

I have completed Level 1, the game told me so. But how do I get to Level 2?
The police button is flashing but the case folder is still showing case 1 with the green check-mark showing I have finished but I cannot find anything to click on to go to the next Case/Level. Nothing new on the map, no suspects to see duh

thanks Linda

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 10:04 PM

Did you go see if you can open any of the old locations? lots of times they add a new dot to click on.
There are also 3 places to click on the desk. Suspect, victim and interviews on the desk.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 10:16 PM

Thanks BET, I finally did figure it out. I was missing one testamonial and didn't know it slapforehead

Now I am back to read all this thread to find the solution to the menacing note.

wave such fun
Linda

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/09/08 10:40 PM

Have fun!

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 01:44 AM

Hello all who were trying to help me. You're not going to believe what I was missing. I started over again, for the 3rd time, and discovered I was not clicking on the comma that was in the note and therefore had not finished decoded it.

Onwards and upwards, I finally have the girl as a suspect.

Thanks,
Flo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 01:46 AM

I'm so glad to hear you are back up and playing Glo! yay

I'm too slow for Level 7 and I'm running out of patience. sad

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 01:49 AM

I'm in Level 4 I think, less than 3 minutes and I cannot find the "director's hair" on the bloke with glasses and cane. Found everything else, cane tip, scar, blood, etc.

AARGH, are we having fun yet?

If anyone understands what I am looking for and can tell me?

Linda

**edit: it was level 3 and I found the hair and didn't realize I was missing the shoe eek but I finally got them to take. I had to click a lot to get one of the shoes. The hair is just under the hat - again I know I clicked and clicked all his hair last night but I made it with 30 seconds to spare, lol. On to level 4

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 01:51 AM

Linda, haven't played this, but could it be "director's Chair" misspelled?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 01:54 AM

nope and you certainly owe it to yourself to try this game. it has me pulling my hair out - with glee, lol.

Thanks for trying to help though, love you,
Linda

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 01:55 AM

I thought it was a long shot, but I remember chat about another game that had mistakes in there like that. I expect better than that from Frogware though.

If it has you pulling your hair out, then I'm not sure I want to try it rotfl
Posted By: ShyTy

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 02:03 AM

Ana I ran out of time on I think level six and wondering if I can get past it now you tell me level seven is stopping you. lol This must get harder and harder by level.

Linda Just played that level a few hours ago but I'm at a loss for were it was sorry. cry

Lori wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 02:05 AM

Lori, you can do it! You know you can puppy
Posted By: Suz2

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 04:16 AM

I'm having a hard time fixing the net in level 7? Anybody have any strategies.

Great game, definitely more challenging than most of these games.
thanks

Never mind, I figured it out.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 06:10 AM

Hello all I am not quite sure what level I am at but it is where you have to put random numbersin and then the pin and string and then more puzzles after that. The problem I am having is I guess I am just not fast enough cuz I am constantly running out of time and I got so stressed out I gave up on it for awhile. That timer in certain puzzles is okay but this one is ridiculous. Now that I have gotten it off my shoulders does anyone have a strategy of getting that level done. Thank you Trisha hardwall cry
Posted By: pdbugdoodle

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 10:14 AM

Trisha,

That level is particularly difficult...I think I had to re-play it 2-3x before I finally got through it. The trouble comes with how limited the time window is in combination with 2-3 puzzles that have a variable luck factor. Although I found I made better time (& was less stressed out) when I went to the do my most difficult puzzles (jewelry box, line/box game under victims bed) as soon as they become available. The jewelry box is avail right away (I think) in the ladies sitting room. With the jewelry numbers puzzle you need to get lucky and pick as many of the correct digits and then carefully switch the remaining incorrect numbers with the closest wrong number to the right (could be left - just repeat the same pattern for clarity/speed) then keep switching until you get them all correct and then (you may have quickly bop into Scotland yard - check "suspects" "testimonies") move on to the garden in victims apt & do slider in bottom of garden cabinet on the right... finish garden which should open up the victims bedroom again. Go straight to under the bed and begin to solve the most time consuming puzzle in this level. This can be really tricky but if you keep your eyes open & watch where the computer played his latest line and watch for anytime there are three lines around a square and close it and with your extra turn look to find another 3 lined square to close. Be very careful not to create a 3 lined square until there is no other option (almost 3/4 of the way through). Try to copy the types of line placement that the computer uses with the exception of adding the 3rd line to two because this sets the computer up to take a square. Watch out for sections that are setup in a run, if you are forced to add a third line (because there aren't any other places left) be sure to add it where there are the absolute fewest 2 line boxes which can be made into 3 lines and are setup in a run to fall like a line of dominos once the first 3 line "box" in a row/group is closed it creates the next 3 line "box" and so on to the end of that section. If you are cautious you can get through these time consuming puzzles and then speed through the rest in good time. Good luck...hope this helps...

pd catrub
Posted By: joanie39

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 11:53 AM

Thanks for all the helps offered to everyone. It is so appreciated. I was just wondering if there is a walkthrough for this game. frown
Posted By: tuakka

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 01:49 PM

Can someone please help me? I've spent 2 days trying to do the "sewing box” puzzle in the Ladies Sitting Room at Linden Hall (this is the puzzle that you have to "untangle" the lines so that they do not overlap each other). Can someone please reply with graphical instructions for this puzzle? Thanks!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 03:02 PM

welcome Tuakka,

I think this will be difficult to show or do a step by step.
Try to be systematic about it and move the yellow/red ones outside until you find a place that they are turned to green from left to right.
If moving them outside the area doesn't work, move them inside in an open space.
If you run out of space -= move the points all closer to one another. luck
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 04:32 PM

Love this game, but why why why do game developers put in timers? hardwall hardwall

Wish I could turn this one off cry

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 04:36 PM

Orchid girl, I'm hoping the developers will listen and release a patch for the timing, and then I'll buy it! puppy

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 04:43 PM

I am completely and utterly stuck on Level 7 not because I can't do the puzzles, I really haven't had any troubles at all, it is just the absolutely ridiculous timer. Funny thing is, the more I do it over, the longer it takes me. rotfl

I think I have to hang up my hat on this one unless they patch it. It's a shame too because it is an outstanding game in all aspects except the time. <sigh>

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 04:51 PM

Yikes Ana, sorry to hear that. Maybe if you leave it and come back to it later?

I hate timers!!! They should be optional!
Posted By: Kim

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 06:13 PM

Hi all, wave

Can someone tell me what the "Grid" picture is supposed to look like. Apparently I'm 'grid-plotting impaired' and just don't know it.

BTW, I've decided and it's official...Timers are evil. devilchili

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 06:21 PM

This one?

I agree Kim....I'm frustrated and praying the powers that be wil issue a patch to make it go away.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 06:28 PM

Thanks Ana,

I was so close....You are a doll thumbsup

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 07:48 PM

I feel like such a ninny ... you all are so far along in the game, and I'm still stuck after the cement works. I think I did all the stuff there, analyzed the carpet piece and read the suspect reports for two.

Now I'm at the map, and it seems like I should be going to Miss Pettybone's house, but all I see there is a schematic of the layout of the house

I must have missed something along the way ... can you help, please

Posted By: GBC

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 08:02 PM

ahhhhh.....can't stand the timers!!! Like the game but I'm slowly going nuts!!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 08:07 PM

GBC, there is good news in the works. thehood from Frogwares posted to say they are discussing an elimination of the timer. We should know more next week.

menahune, if there are no little gold buttons on the location you can move to the next location. If all is done, be sure to go to the desk in Scotland Yard and check all three places on the desk for any items not checked off.

Ana happydance
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 09:02 PM

No timer yay yay

Can't be too soon for me. Next week you say? If I haven't ripped out my hair by then rotfl

Would it be a patch?
Posted By: lola2008

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 09:02 PM

is there a walk through i am stuck on the tile puzzle also no hubby to help me lol ty

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: MaG

Posted By: Bitty Kitty

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 11:07 PM

I am strying to open some box in a sitting room that is red and has numbers that I am to find but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Also I bought the stratagy guide but I can't figure out how that is suppose to work as well when I can't run it and the game at the same time. I am also stuck trying to analize the evidence that you put under the burner but it won't let me do anything other than add the water to it. Help please if possible.!!!

Kem

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 11:18 PM

Kem, I believe the puzzle you mean is the one with 10 digits and 5 tries? I solved the puzzle by starting out 1,2,3 etc. and hitting the button. The remaining ones I increased by one to the next remaining #. I solved it the first time.

Did you add solvent in the dish too? Try clicking on what you put in the bowl after you add the water and solvent. I remember that every one I did in there was different.

Ana wave
Posted By: ChrisMM

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 11:45 PM

Hi! Has anyone gotten to the tumbler/lock puzzle, in the storeroom? It is kicking my behind. I think I'm stuck in a rut, and can't see anything but the way I'm doing it, at this point. (Not sure which level--I can't get the game to tell me my level? But it's the same level as the drain puzzle and the net.) Thanks! I really appreciate this forum, you guys.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 11:51 PM

welcome Chris,

I'm not sure, is this the one?
White - Black puzzle at level 4 backstage:
White - W; Black - B.
W B B W W W
B B B B
W W W W W
B B B B B
W W W W W
B B B B
W W W
B B
W

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/10/08 11:58 PM

Thanks for the fast response! But no--it's a number thing, under the floor panel in the storeroom that opens after, um, the thing with the pigeon (trying not to be TOO spoilerific).

The instructions say you have to get the numbers in order, 1-10, and the top space can only have one at a time, the middle three can have more, but they have to be consecutive, and the bottom one also can only have one. It just really seems like the choices I'm making are the only ones, and then I'm stuck, with no moves left. *g* I need someone to hold one of them for me for one move, and then it'd be all good.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:13 AM

finally the solvent thing worked but I am still not able to solve the stupid tile thing. I have tried counting numbers backwards forwards from 0-9 and from 1-0 nothing seems to work for this stupid thing. I have counted by twos, thress, fives, etx. hlep please or am I just stuck.
Posted By: Sunnydde

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:14 AM

Can we go back to level 3? In the garden. I have the decoder and the note and I can't figure out how to read the message. ty

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:22 AM

I had to keep clicking and line up the decoder page with the letter by looking for the red paint smear or check mark looking thing and then I just clicked on the letters.

Kem

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:40 AM

Chris, let me replay it and get the answer for you...hang tight please.

Kem, I started with 0-9 and then clicked go, then I upped each one that was remaining by 1 (keeping in mind you can't have 2 of the same so you may have to up one twice and then clicking go again. Each time I just added 1 to eacgh remaining and it worked. I'll try and get a screenshot to show you what I mean. The numbers are random. THere is no real solution other than tryying a technique that works for you. Mine worked for me and was easy to keep track of.

I'll be back.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:44 AM

ChrisMM, If I remember correctly, I did a 78910 on the inner area.
Then I made 5432 on the other area.
I used the outer areas to make those 2 alignments.
Then I rearranged them to 1-10.

Sunnydde, Place the decoder over the letter with a middle hole on the letter with check marks. Click on each letter, punctuations (whatever are in the holes) so that they get entered in the area at bottom left. When the message is complete then auto puzzle is done.

Kem, The way I did this is 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 on first run. Then raised the number one up skipping a number that was found in the first run. I usually finish the puzzle in 2-3 repeats.
BTW - don't forget to use zero after limited choices are made by 3-5 round.

luck

wave Ana! Didn't see you.
Posted By: Sunnydde

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:49 AM

thank you kitty got it

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:06 AM

Chris, Here is the first step and then Here is the second.

You should be able to get it together by these pictures. If not I'll try and do the moves one by one.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:17 AM

I hope it is ok to say this to Ana, and MaG, but I am so impressed how the two of you quickly help us enjoy the games by helping us. I know Sue, did the same and I was always impressed at all of the hard work she did and all Mods do for us voluntarily. I just feel led to say your doing a great job, and Texas Sue would be proud of you. Sue and MaG usually were the ones to get me out of jams, but Ana, your doing an exceptionally great job. Is it ok to tell you both that? Its just my way of saying thank you from all of us. Big hugs

Sherryah

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:27 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Sherryah!

Yes - I agree Ana is wonderful. Sue will always be in our hearts.
Posted By: amarisse

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:32 AM

can't seem to figure out htis net puzzle part. always running out with like only 2 or 3 strings to go

the chap 7 repair a net

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:34 AM

This is from the Nemesis but I think it is a similar puzzle:

Posted By: amarisse

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:39 AM

cool ty yep it is!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:42 AM

Doh! Thank you! I was thinking it HAD to be 1234, and didn't realize 4321 was an option. Whoohoo! You rock. Worked great.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:53 AM

I finally made it to the end. eek I have 3 minutes left to figure out the crime. The pressure is killing me but I made it through all the puzzles. Quite the challenge I have to admit. lol

Sherryah...thank you. I am no Sue or MaG when it comes to Hints and I was sitting here while I was trying to help, thinking how much I miss Sue here and off the board. <sigh>

Chris, I am so glad it worked for you! btw... welcome to GameBoomers.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 02:06 AM

okay I finally made it through to the thread and sewing box puzzle. I am sure that somewhere on this long thread you have answered this question but how do I get them to not touch each other? Oh and by the way I must have been having a duh moment a little while ago because once I saw what you all were talking about it was really simple. Thanks again for the help and the help yet to come.

Kem

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 02:32 AM

Bitty, it was more or less a trial and error. I can do it again and take a photo, but I am not sure it will help. I'll be back.

EDIT: One Solution for String Puzzle.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:41 AM

I have a question about Level 4, Backstage. The box puzzle is driving me crazy. I followed the steps that MaG gave several posts back, but something isn't working. Could someone post again specifically how to move the tiles? I would appreciate it very much!!

Happy almost Mother's Day to all the Moms in Gameboomers Land!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:45 AM

Donna, MaG's post is the shortest way I could ever dream of coming up with. My way takes at least 100 moves. :loL: Try it again one by one and I'm sure it works. Others have used it and been successful.

EDIT: YOu are talking about the tiles you move to create a number 4 like shape, right?

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:49 AM

Ana- I am talking about the Box Backstage in level 4 where you move two sets of tiles from R to L and L to right (the White and Black Tiles) Around page 4 of this thread, MaG gave instructions that are not working for me-
WBBWW
BBBB
WWWWW
BBBB
BB
W
I get so far, and then am at a standstill. It might just be me, but I can't get these instructions to work to the end.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:56 AM

Hold on and I'll be right back.....

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:56 AM

These are the step by step I posted:

Warning, Spoiler: White - W; Black - B.
W B B W W W
B B B B
W W W W W
B B B B B
W W W W W
B B B B
W W W
B B
W

You're missing several steps there. Replay and luck
Posted By: x2kul

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:06 AM

OMG please help. How is everyone just past this part that I can't even seem to know what to do?! I'm on level 3 or 4, not sure, but I do know I'm backstage. I need the red and blue filters. I know I have to do something on the white light on the left; the cursor has gears on it. When I clicked for help, it just lit up. No idea what to do with it. It's after midnight here (NY). I hope someone's still awake lol. Thx in advance!
-Laura (x2)

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:07 AM

MaG- I'm sorry- I did not type the written instructions from your post correctly- I did do all those steps that you mentioned and it bogged down for me somewhere- I will replay tomorrow, and if it doesn't work for my tiny little brain- I will post where it bogged down for me. Thanks for your help and all you do for us here on Gameboomers!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:11 AM

x2kul, you need to place both filters on the white light and you will get a message on the wall. I am trying to recall where the filters were located... <sigh>

Donna, here are 4 visuals of what it should look like as you are moving them. Note that you can never have two the same color together except for where they start or end.
Black and White 1

Black amd White 2

Black amd White 3

Black and White 4

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:20 AM

Ok, Ok, So I'm an idiot. Of course, I went back into the game, patience not being my strong point. I missed the puzzle at the bottom of the screen. Just finished it (moving the squares from L to R, R to L) got the filters, finished the level. <hanging head in shame> Sorry for the freakout. Next drink's on me, k?
-x2

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:24 AM

Cheers x2! I am just glad you got it. bravo

Ana wave
Posted By: maria_u

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 05:20 AM

okay am stuck on level 8 i think - am having trouble finding all the pearls help!!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 05:27 AM

welcome maria,

This is just from memory so maybe one of them will help you.
2 on the sofa.
Close up right side of room:
1 on planter.
1 on table.
1 on floor.
1 behind lamp base.
1 on top drawer.
1 on bottom drawer.
I'm missing one. Let me think.
I think there is another one on the floor. Not sure.
Posted By: Deege

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 05:57 AM

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but it seems like one of the few places that has any help for this game. I've really enjoyed the game, but I can't finish it!!! I've completed all levels, all of the puzzles, analyzed all the evidence and made countless connections on the Deduction Table. Does every piece of evidence have to match a suspect? Is there one suspect who matches something in each location? What is the clock thingy all about? Is it time of death? I've played the final level 3 times now and run out of time on the Deduction Table. How do I end it??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: maria_u

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 06:26 AM

Thanks for the assistance..this game really puts strain on your eyes smile am now deducting - wish me luck wink

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 06:48 AM

And it's now almost 3 a.m. plodding along in this game... needed 2 things, found an answer about the net, thx! But... how do you use the bunson burner? Every time I start a new level, I put everything I can under the microscope, figuring that it'll be needed to finish the game, right? And the item wouldn't go if it shouldn't, right? But I can't get the right combo for the ashes and invisible? letter that I figure have to go under the burner. Any advise plz? Thx laugh
-Laura
p.s. I'm about to go back into the game. Maybe I'll get it right now that I've asked for help lol?!?!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 07:45 AM

Anyone found all the differences in the two paintings? I have four: His hair, dog collar, tree branch and her shoes...need one more....going nuts woozy
Posted By: Deege

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 07:53 AM

xlkul
Take the little bowl off the burner and put the letter directly over it. Then click the burner.
Deege
----------
xlkul
Put the letter over the burner, not the bowl...sorry if I confused you.
Deege
----------
Kim
His button
Deege
-------------
x2kul
Sorry I got your name wrong (twice!). It's late...or early depending on how you look at it... and this game is making my eyes cross!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:52 AM

Thanks Deege,

My head was starting to hurt. Off to bed and pick it up tomorrow. BTW, this is one of the best games since Azada!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:03 AM

are there any tips for creating the tattoo on the wall?

I know what it looks like, but can't get the pieces together

I suspect maybe I just have to stumble through it ... if only for that despicable time limit

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:56 AM

welcome Deege and thanks for helping the others. It is appreciated by all.
I also combined your stacked postings. It helps us here in the forum. Use the edit button please.
As for the deduction, all the lines should be green leading from the victim to one room to one suspect and the knife and time at the center. Then it is done - you found your murderer.
You can do this by finding evidences that connects all those frame. luck

Maria - did you find all the pearls?

Kim - have fun now.

menahune - You see the picture and that is what you need to copy in the puzzle.
Each of those pieces have 2 shapes in the left that can fit in one spot. So you have to find the correct drawing in those pieces. So enter the easy ones like the top diamond shape and then the spread eagle.
Do this based on the shape of the piece you want to fit in and then select the correct drawing inside those pieces.

luck to everyone.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:31 PM

Thx Deege!! and np about my name.. what's in a name anyway?

So I was able to empty my inventory of unanalyzed items except for one of the grease patches. I was able to get it into the bowl with water, but couldn't light the burner. Clicked everywhere. I still have to do the lock with 1 - 10. It's not very explicit about ascending or descending, which is frustrating, because I hate to use a walkthrough when I can basically solve something, but I personally can't get what they ask for grrrr. Any suggestions?
Thx again!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:36 PM

x2kul,

In one or 2 of those samples to be tested over the burner - you might have to add solvent and water; then click on the burner. See if that works.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:44 PM

Thx MaG will try that next. Finally got the 1-10 lock. Didn't realize the numbers have to go back into the middle lock. Guess my brain doesn't work like most.

Now I'm at the cement works and have to find the sun rays. I only found 3 and have 5 more to find, but only have 2 minutes. Would hate to have to do this level over OY! (So what'd you do this weekend? Oh me? I played SH online for 28 hours, you?)

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 12:54 PM

I had to raise the brightness or is it gamma of the game - check options or your monitor. I keep missing 1 or 2.

-----

Here you go:

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:19 PM

Wow Thx MaG!! I still have to do the 4 unit water puzzle, so I ran out of time anyway ARGH but you helped SO much!

Everyone, set your Gamma to highest resolution, then restart the game laugh

Props to MaG!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 01:31 PM

luck on the water puzzle - it takes 2-3 steps only.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 02:15 PM

Ok, I'm done. Almost. Now I have to figure out the deduction board. Anyone do the factorials on this? I can't even imagine how to start.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 02:33 PM

I am finally finsihed with the sewing thread thing but I willhave to redo it because I am almost out of time. However, I was wondering if someone could help me with the making boxes puzzle under the painter's bed. I am being bet by the computer and am not sure exactly what I am doing.

Kem
Posted By: tuakka

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 02:53 PM

Menahune,

Try this solution for the tattoo puzzle:

1. Number all of the tattoo pieces on the left side of the
screen 1 through 24 (starting from top left and going
across)
2. Then, use the following numbered tattoo pieces:
3. When you place your last piece from above, you need to WAIT
for about 5 seconds or so before the game registers that you
have the correct pieces in place.

Hope this helps.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:27 PM

x2kul, I think that it is not as much as you think - work on the dead person's evidence and look for a link
Then check the knife, time (alibi) and then the suspect. luck

Kem, There are several things to do on this puzzle.
The major thing is watch where the computer makes lines - or look for it.
The aim of the puzzle is to make more squares than the computer. So watch out for 3 lines that will make a square when a fourth line is added.
The computer tricks you while you're adding by making those and filling them when you don't watch.
Also, make smaller sequences so you have ones to give the computer smaller sequence of squares. luck

Thanks tuakka. smile
Posted By: myopia

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:43 PM

I'm still girding me loins getting ready to play this game, but I'm totally in awe of you both, ana and MaG and the way you've handled not only playing the game at breakneck speed without a walkthrough yourselves, but remembering the answers to help stranded people into the bargain. And it's all being done with such calmness and grace... It's onto the 19th page already - are you sure you're not going to sneak off to a quiet place and have a sneaky breakdown when page 30 arrives - I know I would. You have surely displayed superb professionalism under pressure.

Take a bow!
Myopia
Posted By: djdjo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:44 PM

hey, what about the water puzzle? I find it not easy :s
(sorry for my english I'm French)

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:48 PM

welcome djdjo

Fill the 5 unit container with water.
Empty into 3 unit and dump 3 unit into the drain.
Empty remaining 2 units from 5 unit into the 3 unit beaker.
Fill 5 unit back up and empty into 3 unit, leaving you with 4 units.

EDIT: Myopia, thank you! The timer made me very angry many times. I was not so cool on this end. But the game is awesome and I could do the puzzles over and over. I love them!

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:53 PM

Myopia, Thank you for the kind words. We are all gamers here so we get seasoned by playing, replying. laugh

welcome djdjo, Is this the water measurement to get 4 units?
If so:
Fill the 5 units flask with water. Click that on the empty 3 units flask. (Now you have 2 units left on the 5 one).
Click the filled 3 units flask on grate to empty it.
Click the left 5 units flask with 2 units on the right 3 unit flask to fill it with 2 units.
Then fill the 5 units with water and click it again on the right unit flask with 2 to add 1 unit.
This leaves 4 units in the left (5) flask.
Use that 4 units on top of the weighing block.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 03:57 PM

Agree about adjusting your gamma. I could only find three sunrays until this was done. It's quite dark in many places and impossible to see tiny items.
Definately don't like the timer. I have had to do levels over again but managed to complete Level 5 with 3 secs to spare!(is this a record?)
Otherwise am lovin it wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:03 PM

Hmmm... I try it, and I tell you smile

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: djdjo
5 unit ?? I've only 2 ! where are the other ?

You have 2 beakers. One holds 5 units of water, the other holds 3 units of water.

EDIT: Substitute the words 5 unit for "larger" and 3 unit for "smaller".

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:20 PM

Yeaah, thank you very much !! laugh now I'm at the automaton

Thanks a lot smile

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 04:27 PM

bravo Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: cazol

mystery of the persian carpet - 05/11/08 05:35 PM

i'm getting more and more frustrated - can any one help before i kick someone? I'm in the hall (can't remember the stage) and I've found everything except the plan of the hall - where on earth is it? I've lit the lamp, found the book etc but still can't see anything that looks like a bit of paper.

RE: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 05:56 PM

cazol, welcome to GameBoomers. You need to take the book and hold it over the puzzle piece. I believe after you complete that puzzle you get the plan.

Ana wave
Posted By: cazol

Re: RE: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 07:03 PM

you are a star - thanks a million - at least i'll sleep tonight! despite feeling a real twit xx
Posted By: NYLady

Re: RE: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 07:05 PM

I'm in the garden and can't find the blasted key... where is it?

I am still on the demo and can't decide if I'll buy this one or not. I'm reading all the posts here and think it may frustrate me more than cause casualness! LOL/
Posted By: Whitney777

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: tuakka
Menahune,

Try this solution for the tattoo puzzle:

1. Number all of the tattoo pieces on the left side of the
screen 1 through 24 (starting from top left and going
across)
2. Then, use the following numbered tattoo pieces:
3. When you place your last piece from above, you need to WAIT
for about 5 seconds or so before the game registers that you
have the correct pieces in place.

Hope this helps.
YOU ARE THE BEST! I was stuck on this one too and have read 13 pages of this forum trying, with fading hope, that someone might have a definitive solution. thanks!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 07:18 PM

Here is a photo of the Tattoo if anyone still needs it.

Cazol....I am happy you can sleep tonight and that you are well on your way again.

NYLady, the key is in the hanging pot in the corner.
It's an awesome game...well worth the money.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:03 PM

Hello - newbie here and I don't know how to use the "search" here. There are now 14 pages on this fabulously addicting game and I'm trying to find some info on the trick to using the bunsen burner in the Laboratory. I'm on level 4 (?) and have a "greasy substance" which does nothing under the microscope, so obviously I need to use the bunsen burner. I put the thing on that little plate, put the plate on top of the burner but when I try and add "solvent' my screen immediately takes me to the opening shot of Sherlock and Watson in the street. Trying to add "water" does nothing. I don't know how to get the fire lit in the burner or what I'm doing wrong. Help please? And help on searching these pages would be appreciated - tried choosing "casual games" and key word "burner" and "bunsen" since "lab" keeps showing every post by a user with that in their name. Thanks!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:08 PM

Hi Whitney wave

If you are being taken back to the first screen you are clicking too high and the water or solvent is hitting the menu button. I did that countless times. lol

To do the grease or any other substance for the burner, try everything: put the plate on the burner, add grease or makeup etc. add solvent, add water, click down below the plate to light burner and you are done.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:15 PM

Thanks,Ana, I would never have found that key in that time space.

I will buy the game because I know if I need help, there is plenty here and so quickly too!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Hi Whitney wave

If you are being taken back to the first screen you are clicking too high and the water or solvent is hitting the menu button. I did that countless times. lol

To do the grease or any other substance for the burner, try everything: put the plate on the burner, add grease or makeup etc. add solvent, add water, click down below the plate to light burner and you are done.

Ana wave
Great! It worked! Thanks so much! And thanks for saying you had that trouble too - made me feel like I wasn't the complete twit I know I am! smile

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: NYLady
Thanks,Ana, I would never have found that key in that time space.
I found everything and yet the scene isn't ending. I went and tested the ashes... what else should I do there?

You need to be sure that you have all the things in your inventory (pull on the items to be sure they are there) check if there are puzzle pieces or gears that are still gold that you need to use. Drag letters and books etc to the puzzle piece and it will open up to another puzzle.

Go to Scotland yard and be sure to click on three places on the desk to see if you have anything to do.

EDIT: bravo Whitney! We all miss things and click on the wrong stuff...how else would we learn? lol

Ana wave
Posted By: aweil

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:37 PM

How do you move the tiles on the grid puzzle? Thx

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:44 PM

Thanks Ana! Any hints or where should I go to master the search here? Example - I'm now in the "hall" and since it's taking me to a close up of the Library of books in the corner, all with the AB CD EF on each shelf, i'm sure I'm supposed to be doing something with them. I've done a search through the thread here for "sherlock book" anc chose "casual games" since there's not an option just for this game. What pops up is a bunch of postings, none of which have the word "book" but maybe that word is on the whole page? And there's not an option for all 14 pages to be displayed at one time (doing a "find" would be faster) right? Any help would be appreciated ... or i guess I could just copy each page and post it into a Word doc and conduct my search that way. Ugh ... but better than what I've been doing.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:48 PM

Halloo, does anyone now the series of numbers to put in the safe puzzle in Level 7 please? maths is not my strong point.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:49 PM

aweil welcome to GAmeBoomers! Here is MaG's answer to the puzzle:

White - W; Black - B.
W B B W W W
B B B B
W W W W W
B B B B B
W W W W W
B B B B
W W W
B B
W

luck

Upsydaisy, 660339 works...there are many ways.
Any number 1-9 twice for the two first digits and them zero works followed by 339.

Whitney, you need to look under the corner of the rug in the library. That will get you going again.
The search will help if you use simple words eg. library, safe, garden etc. There are still dozens of hits for each though. No worries if you sak at this point. I think I have the game memorized by now. lol

Posted By: masabata

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 08:56 PM

Hi there,

Does anyone know how I can decode vincents message in level 3. I cannot figure it out at all.

Thanks T

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 09:01 PM

masabata welcome to GameBoomers. The two spots with the arrows are Holmes and Da Vinci. Click on the letters in the first set and them click on the letter you want it to be on the second set. stay tuned and I'll put up a screenshot.

EDIT: Finished Letter You need to do the last click from an M to an F that is not completed in my photo.

Ana wave
Posted By: aweil

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 09:02 PM

Thanks Browneyed but I needed help with the column puzzle physically moving them left and up or down. I cant seem to be able to move them. Nothing happens when I click them.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 09:11 PM

Is this the one?

You need to move the curser over them till you get arrows then you can choose the arrow you want action on.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 09:14 PM

Gosh, talk about quick response. Thanks very much Browneyed.
Masabata

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 09:17 PM

No problem! Have fun... yay

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 09:31 PM

Hi Browneyed,

I have done that and it is all okay but the message at the bottom starting Mary my star is not exactly the same as your pic. The word but is lat on mine and the word knime is knive on mine and also the word be is le on mine. The rest of the message at the bottom is okay and the middle bit with the names Mozart etc is all okay and spelt correctly so I am not sure how to change the wrong words at the bottom.

Browneyed,

Sorry I was being a bit daft there for a minute and I have sorted it out.

Thanks Masabata

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 09:34 PM

Everything is done on my picture except for clicking where the curser is. If I click it I can no longer take a screenshot.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:02 PM

Hi,

Sorry its me again!! I got your pic of vincents letter decoded and I did it, everything is okay except for the part at the bottom of the letter where its says (but leave the KNIFE). Mine says (but leave the KNIME) and so does your pic. In the walkthrough by Mag? is says it is supposed to say KNIFE. I cannot change it to KNIFE as pressing the M to change to F seems to change everything else with that letter. Not sure what to do now. Hope this makes sense.

Masabata

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:03 PM

Thanks! I had actually found that corner of the rug and the clue underneath on my very 1st click but hadn't taken the time to think that it was related to the library! And thanks for such a quick reply!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:12 PM

masabata, you should be able to change the M to a F. I could not because I if I did there is no way to take a screenshot then. I did have difficulties once when I was redoing it where things would go helter skelter when I would change a letter. All I can suggest is to get out of the game and go back in and do that puzzle again. That is what I had to do.

Whitney...glad you are moving forward again. bravo

BTW...There is a Walkthrough started on the first post of this thread. It is being created as quickly as MaG can. grin

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:12 PM

Thanks to everyone who helped me last night with the tile puzzle- I should know when to quit due to fatigue. I tried it again MaG and it worked perfectly- as I would expect it to since your solutions are always spot-on!

Next question- I am at level 4- Backstage Box
I got all the objects except "Vincent Message"- any hints as to where that little sucker is??

Again- thanks for all your patience and help!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:19 PM

I ran out of time on the last level, trying to figure out whodunit. Didn't realize you have to play the whole thing again grrrr...

Anyway, I'm at the deduction board again finally. I got all the lines green except the bottom horizontal where you have to tie in props from the suspect to other props. I've clicked on each one with each one and can't seem to get the right combination. The opera paper on the left and ribbon on the right are static (I'm assuming as part of the other green lines). Did I miss something? HELPPPPPP!

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:19 PM

Donna, are you sure it isn't level 3 - Vincents message? Check the walkthrough on the first post and see if that isn't it.

x2kul...I am impressed that you made it through without having to redo a level before. I think #6 at least 8 times. lol
Here is a screenshot of a completed deduction board. Do not click if you don't want the spoiler. Final Suspect completed.

Ana wave
Posted By: z00jka

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:20 PM

Hi there,
I don't understand why can I move on from level 4, I've decoded vincents message (message:Mary,my star,let's meet at my place tonight,but leave the knime lord lindon pays well-i will be rich.vincent or solved names: mozart, cervantes, shakespeare, holmes, da vinci, conan doyle, washington, voltaire) but my puzzle remains unsolved. I think that has to do with 3 letters in alphabet that are unused to solve the puzzle.
I'm sure it's a simple problem, but game made me so nervous,I can not think or random clic anymore :/

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:24 PM

No- I am on level four. I know there was a message on level 3 as well, but this is a required find in the room with the wigs, fake knife, etc.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:25 PM

welcome to GameBoomers z00jka. You need to change the last letter (M to F) and then you will be okay.

Ana wave
Posted By: minooka

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:25 PM

I am having an awful time with the red box puzzle where you have to figure out 10 numbers on 5 tries - my brain just won't go there! I've tried to follow the instructions here (ie 1234512345 as starting point, etc.) but I'm only getting 2 0r 3 numbers right on each run. Can someone point my brain in the right direction?....thanks, Carol

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:28 PM

Did you do the next suspect? That held me up for a while.

luck Linda

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:29 PM

Carol,

Every digit 0123456789 must be used once. I put them in order. If any were right, I'd up the value of the wrong (red) ones once, but making adjustments if doing that would use a green #. Make sure no #s are repeated. (I didn't use the 1234512345 approach). I had to do it a few times myself, since it's so random. I'll try it now, since I'm stuck at the end and awaiting a spoiler. will brb.
-Laura

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:31 PM

Donna, did you put the head gear on the corresponding wigs?

welcome to GameBoomers Minooka, it's a random puzle so I am afraid it is trial and error. When you put the numbers in, you are making sure not to move the ones that are green and not do any duplicate numbers that are green right?

Laura, did you see my spoiler to you up above?

EDIT: I am taking a dinner break - be back in a bit. grin

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:45 PM

I hate it when games stall... I've found everything back stage... I decoded the message in #4, the game won't move off the secret code page.
Posted By: minooka

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:47 PM

Thanks all - I am saving the green numbers (all 3 of them!) and not reusing any numbers but it seems to me the possible combinations are in the 1000s so I'm obviously not looking at this correctly - I'll keep trying...Carol
Posted By: z00jka

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 10:55 PM

thanks for the quick response.i wondered what knime ment,and it ment i was stupid smile its knife for god seaks!i've passed level smile

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:00 PM

NYLady, are you sure that every letter is correct? If youn are using my screenshot you have to change the M to F.

minooka, I am afraid since it is random, all I can suggest is some kind of system that you are not wasting moves. That is why I did my 0-9 method, it works for me 9 out of ten times.

z00jka, lol I am glad you got it! Have fun!

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:03 PM

Hi Tigre,

Sorry, I missed your message. Am about to try it. Printed it out, since I don't know what I did wrong.

BTW Carol, I played that game at least 6 times. Half I couldn't finish in 5, the others I could, but the codes do seem totally random. If you put in a solution I got and it doesn't work, you wasted a try, but here's what I got:

Good Luck!
-Laura

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:07 PM

It spells BUT AND KNIFE

It's letter perfect to the wt of MaG's
Should something happen or do I just manually leave the scene?

I hate the timer... it would be so much more enjoyable if it didn't have that.

I downloaded the guide but it doesn't really help with these type of issues.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:09 PM

NYLady, does it look like mine except for the Knime?

masabata welcome to GameBoomers. The two spots with the arrows are Holmes and Da Vinci. Click on the letters in the first set and them click on the letter you want it to be on the second set. stay tuned and I'll put up a screenshot.

EDIT: Finished Letter You need to do the last click from an M to an F that is not completed in my photo.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:09 PM

**SPOLIER ALERT**

Ummm, Tigre? Help Please!

How do you get the knife lines to stay green when they seem
Click to reveal..
attached to the garden if you need the clues to Richmond Street to get the ashes?
Is there a specific order I need to click? THX

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:12 PM

x2kul, I will replay it and let you know. It was manipulated so many times I have no idea. Be right back....

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:18 PM

I just started the puzzle over and this time it came up with the word knije. It let me change the j to F without changing everything else. The problem before was the word Knime as the middle section has two m's in it and when I tried to change the letter m to f it changed all the other m's like Mozart and holmes. Anyway it has worked now as there was no letter J in the middle section of vincent's letter.

Thanks anyway

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:30 PM

x2kul, I can't even duplicate my own ending now that I pushed other buttons. rotfl I will really need to sit and ponder because I am not sure how I did it.

masabata, I am glad you got it! Have fun now...

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: NYLady
It spells BUT AND KNIFE

It's letter perfect to the wt of MaG's
Should something happen or do I just manually leave the scene?

I hate the timer... it would be so much more enjoyable if it didn't have that.

I downloaded the guide but it doesn't really help with these type of issues.

Yes

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/11/08 11:44 PM

NYLady, all I recommend is that you reset it and do it again. I believe it goes away if you do it correctly, so if it stays it may just need to be redone.

Ana wave
Posted By: Eric O.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/12/08 12:10 AM

Tumbler Puzzle.
5 spaces to make them 1-10. I have a serie of 7-8-9-10, then 1-2 and 3-4-5-6 in 3 slots. The 1-2 are in the middle slot. My idea was to move the 5 and 6 to an empty slot , then put the 6 on the 5. Followed by the 4 to the one remaining empty slot, so the 3 and 4 can move to the middleslot with the 1-2... but... no way. The 6 will not go on top of the 5... Any suggestions?

Ty..

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/12/08 12:16 AM

welcome to GameBoomers Eric

Try this:

Chris, Here is the first step and then Here is the second.

You should be able to get it together by these pictures. If not I'll try and do the moves one by one.
Posted By: katykackle

Sherklock Holmes,,The Mystery of the Persian Carpet - 05/12/08 12:20 AM

I just perchased the game mentioned above. Does anyone have a walkthrough for this one? Thanks for any help you can give.

Katykackle

Re: Sherklock Holmes,,The Mystery of the Persian Carpet - 05/12/08 12:25 AM

Hi Katy, this game is getting lots of help over in the Casual Game Forum. I'll move you over there wave

Edit: Click here for the hint thread
Posted By: BassChick

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/12/08 12:29 AM

A gajillion kudos to all that have assisted in this thread. I've finally finished the game ~ Woo Hoo ~ with the help of so many.

I rank it highly, up there with Mystery Case Files, Madame Fate. thumbsup

It's hard to wait sometimes for new hidden object/puzzles games of these caliber to be released.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/12/08 12:32 AM

Congratulations and welcome to GameBoomers BassChick! bravo

You are correct, it is an awesome game. I cannot wait to play it at my leisure.

Ana wave
Posted By: Eric O.

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/12/08 12:35 AM

Super... Upper to slots play hi-lo? It WORKED !! Tnx

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/12/08 12:40 AM

Most excellent! Happy gaming Eric.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Hints and Help Thread - 05/12/08 12:57 AM

This thread has grown quite long, so I have opened a new one.

To continue please post Here.

See you there!

Ana wave
© 2019 GameBoomers Community