GB HOMEPAGE

Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 03:02 PM

You can download Twisted: A Haunted Carol here.

Quote:

Scrooge’s victim lies motionless with a knife in his back. There aren’t any witnesses... or are there? Travel back and forward in time to get help from the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future in this Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Can you uncover the dark side of Charles Dickens’ famous Christmas Carol story? Help Marley get revenge on the old miser and murderer, Scrooge in Twisted: A Haunted Carol!

Unique take on a classic story
Incredible gameplay
Teach Scrooge a lesson!
Check out our Blog Walkthrough

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Redz

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 03:11 PM

Be aware! This was a fun game, but extremely short. It took about an hour and a half to complete. shocked

Joan frown
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 03:30 PM

I'm going to pass on this one. I like the story, but I am almost half way through and still have 15 minutes on the demo.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 03:34 PM

Joan, yes, I'm reading comments on Big Fish about the brevity of the game as well. The game has a nice "Olde England" feel to it and I enjoyed the part of the demo that I played, but total play time would appear to be three hours at best (and I tend to be a slow player).

I'll be interested to read additional comments posted here from other players. wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 05:20 PM

I played ten minutes and bought it. Nice IHog. Now that I know it's a short game I'll just play really slow and enjoy it. lol

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: GBC
I played ten minutes and bought it. Nice IHog. Now that I know it's a short game I'll just play really slow and enjoy it. lol

That's the ticket. grin
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 05:34 PM

Hi, Redz!

That's disappointing because "A Christmas Carol" (with Alastair Sim) is my favorite Christmas movie.

I'm still going to download the demo and will probably buy the game, but I'll use my punch card credit.

Susan
Posted By: Kate Anne

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 08:21 PM

I'm on the fence with this one. I finished the demo, liked the game, and I am on Chapter 4, which looks like I am about half way thru the game. When I was playing Lost Chronicles: Salem, I was about half way thru the game (this is according to the walk through for both games) and that game lasted 5 hours for me.

Is Big Fish having a Christmas Sale think whistle

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 08:24 PM

That's good to know about the game length for you, Kate Anne! Length of game can vary greatly from player to player, so that's why it's nice to get a diversity of opinions about this.

I haven't read anything about a Christmas sale on Big Fish; we will just have to wait and see. wave

And birthday smile
Posted By: Kate Anne

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 08:51 PM

Marian, Thank you for the Birthday wishes. 58 today, and happy I made it this long. laugh
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/10 09:01 PM

The game is short and easy if you use the walkthrough to know what to do next, otherwise you may be going around in circles not knowing what to do.

The first hour brought me to chapter five, not sure what I'll do. It will probably only take another half hour to 45 minutes to finish.

The graphics are great, but the hogs go by very quicky because there is not a lot of clutter and things are normal size so they are easy to pick out.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/08/10 03:03 AM

I like HOGs that go by quickly. Did you finish it Flo NS?

Ana wave
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/08/10 05:00 AM

No, I didn't bother. I like games not so easy and short.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/08/10 05:06 AM

My favorite is the George C Scott version.
Anyway, I just downloaded the demo.
Posted By: JKEerie

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/08/10 09:41 PM

I Beta tested this one. Got through the Beta very quickly before it took me to the survey. I actually found the game to be very easy. I also wasn't very crazy about the premise.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/09/10 08:58 PM

I enjoyed what little there was of the game, but it definitely wasn't worth $6.99. Nice graphics, decent story, but too easy and too short.
Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/12/10 04:02 AM

Has anyone had technical problems with Twisted? I have installed it twice but both times the short clip at beginning runs fine but when I get to point where I should be able to interact with game it is frozen. No sound,nothing....

Happy Gamer
Posted By: Skippy

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/12/10 04:32 PM

This is a really cute game, and I was really enjoying it, until I hit a glitch. When I checked the forums at Big Fish, I read that many people have had the same problem and you cannot finish the game. I wish it could be fixed but have no idea when or if this will happen. This is just a heads-up to those who want to buy it, to let you know that there is a problem.

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/12/10 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Happy Gamer
Has anyone had technical problems with Twisted? I have installed it twice but both times the short clip at beginning runs fine but when I get to point where I should be able to interact with game it is frozen. No sound,nothing....

Happy Gamer

I see one or two posts about this on the Big Fish forums. Maybe write to Customer Support and see what they have to say? wave
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Twisted: A Haunted Carol - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/14/10 05:22 PM

I really liked this one! Wish it had been longer!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community