GB HOMEPAGE

The Gift - A pleasant surprise

Posted By: Sparkle

The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 03/04/13 05:20 PM

Had this game on the back burner for a while and finally got around to playing yesterday. Reminiscent of the "Women's Murder Club" games and plays much like a traditional adventure game. There are times when you really need to use your head to solve a problem. There are quite a few HOS, but they're easy to complete. Puzzles are challenging. Nothing fancy in the way of graphics, but the story is compelling enough to make it interesting. Highly recommend.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 03/04/13 05:28 PM

Thanks, Sparkle. I'll keep this one in mind. thumbsup
Posted By: Cappy

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 03/04/13 09:54 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Sparkle. It does look to be an interesting game. I just used an about-to-expire punch card coupon AND got the March Mondays bonus punch. A winner all the way around.

Barb

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 03/05/13 01:57 PM

Hope you like it as much as I did, Barb.
Posted By: SuMac

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 07/22/13 11:37 PM

Sparkle, I gave been playing a casual game called The Gift= downloaded it from the Aps Store onto my Mac. Its about a woman detective trying to solve a series of grisly murder using her psychic abilities. Is this the same game you are talking about? If so I have a question about the final solution.

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 07/22/13 11:40 PM

It sounds like the same game, SuMac. Hopefully Sparkle will see this so that the two of you can discuss the final solution. smile

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 07/22/13 11:50 PM

Thanks Marion,

After doing a search, it looks like several GB'er have played this game. I'm totally stuck on the final the puzzle, where the heroine stops the bad guy from killing the good guy and thwarts his evil plan. I know what I'm supposed to do, but the game won't let me, or else I missed doing something earlier in the game.

I only have one item in my inventory - a sledgehammer and no place to use it. The only 'active" spot is a mechanical box on the left side of the screen with the Seer's Eye in the middle of it, but I can't use the hammer there. I have no clue what to do next. Any hints would be appreciated.

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 07/23/13 12:01 AM

There's a video walkthrough of this game on YouTube. I don't know if this is the right section of the game (but it's the last part, so it seems like it should be), but maybe something here would help:

The Gift video walkthrough

luck

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 07/23/13 04:42 PM

Sorry I can't help. It's been a while since I played the game and many games since, so I don't remember the solution.

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 07/23/13 11:18 PM

Thanks Marion, that video showed me just what I needed to do. I was able to finish the game in just a few minutes. I hated to give up when I was so close to the end.

Apparently the guy making the video was as frustrated as I was with some of the puzzles, but all in all a pretty interesting game.

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 07/23/13 11:28 PM

I'm really glad to hear that video helped you, SuMac. wave
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: The Gift - A pleasant surprise - 07/25/13 04:54 PM

Thanks for mentioning this game. I had a punch card coupon ready to expire. happydance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community