GB HOMEPAGE

Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/27/15 08:29 PM

I wasnt playing casual games for awhile. I've got back into them big. I love Bigfish Games except for one thing, the promos for games on smart phones that are always on my screen. I don't own a smart phone and according to my cell phone service provider 40% of customers don't.

Frankly I don't understand people who think "smart phones" are a good idea. I have to work with one of the stupid things. Its an Apple product that Apple doesn't support because its got a non-Apple attachment for scanning inventory. I wish I could throw the stupid thing in the bailer and crush it. I have zero desire to own anything like it myself.

I don't know how you find any hidden objects on such a tiny screen. Or manage to click on it correctly if you do.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/27/15 09:05 PM

Owning a smart phone is much more than for playing games and I for one love my Iphone 5. I can't imagine being without it.
Fortunately, there are all kinds of choices for different people so that you can have what you want.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/27/15 09:57 PM

My phone is dumb...lol... I don't really mind I was in Technology all my working career... love the stuff... but I want a small phone to put into my pocket and not worry about it... riding and all. But when my friends talk into theirs and ask for directions and take pictures- I do wish I had that ability. I also don't want to spend that much on a phone+. Rather buy something for my horse.....
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/28/15 01:18 AM

I agree with Winfrey.

I also have a 'dumb-phone.' I have it because I need a phone. Have had a cell phone for almost 30 years! (you should have seen the first one LOL, with battery-box mounted in the car!)

The day will come I know, when I must give in; but because I am surrounded by computers and iPad and Tablet at all times, I just do not want or need the extra intrusion.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/28/15 01:02 PM

I have a no contract Trac phone that I carry in my purse strictly for emergencies or when traveling. Costs me $100/year in minutes, which carry over. I currently have over 3,000 minutes saved up. We still have a land line. We have plenty of high tech gadgets at home to keep up with everyone else - 2 PC's, laptop, a tablet, and iPads. Hubby's Trac phone is a smart phone, but he's tech addicted. woozy
Posted By: Mad

Re: Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/29/15 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Tally Ho

I also have a 'dumb-phone.' I have it because I need a phone. Have had a cell phone for almost 30 years! (you should have seen the first one LOL, with battery-box mounted in the car!)

The same here !!!! And it was an enormous box that weighed a ton rotfl
Posted By: Marian

Re: Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/29/15 01:27 AM

I have one dumb phone to use in case of roadside emergencies, and that's it. grin
Posted By: ramona

Re: Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/29/15 03:30 AM

I have an iPhone 6 Plus because I am a techie nerd. However I don't play any casual games on it except for Words with Friends because I would be too tempted to play nonstop. My smartphone would make me pretty dumb during the day. Lol
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: Its a myth that everyone owns a smart phone - 04/29/15 08:30 PM

I resisted getting a smartphone because of the cost. I have Android tablets, a PC and an iPad for work. Now that I have had it for two years, I really can't give it up. Although my phone is fairly large, I don't play too many games on it because I prefer to play on larger devices but I do have Words With Friends and a couple of others on it. It is more portable than my tablet and I love being able to get directions, bring up coupons at stores, add appointments to my calendar, scan things etc. It has become a necessity for me. I have a Samsung phone and I love everything about it!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community