GB HOMEPAGE

What's your favorite weapon in a game?

Posted By: Shadow

What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 02:14 AM

For all you shooter fans, what is your favorite weapon that you have used and what game was it in?

My favorite weapon is the sniper rifle in any game and the chainsaw in Doom3. evil

Peter grin
Posted By: hawkavonpuka

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 03:08 AM

I really liked my Katana in Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, slash, slash, I am not a real good shot with a firearm.
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 03:22 AM

Peter I can't even remember all the names of my favorite weapons, but I'm like you. Give me a sniper rifle anytime and I can hit anything. thumbsup

I think FEAR has the coolest high tech weapons, especially the one that fries the bad guys, and I love the rocket and grenade launchers. bravo

Prey has some really cool weapons.....and I must say the funkiest weapons I've used. lol

Painkiller has some great weapons too. bravo

In DOOM the BFG is probably my fav. thumbsup

wave joe
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 03:58 AM

Hi Peter wave You know my favorite is anything that blows them up quickly and makes a mess. grin

Hawka, I enjoy hacking and slashing too! I can't remember the name of my favorite in DD, but I know it wasn't the most powerful but it was like an old friend. yay

Joe, was it Fear or Prey that had the electric bolt one that fried the enemy? I loved that thing! That was definitely my favorite.
Nothing like having ammo that moves like in Prey. rotfl

I don't have the BFG yet, but I am getting close. We just got the chainsaw but I haven't used it yet. It makes icky noises. rotfl (that is probably the closest thing to a girlie statement you'll ever hear coming from me. lol )

Ana wave

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 04:04 AM

Ana FEAR has the cool electric bolt rifle. I love that one too. bravo

In Prey you have some bioweapons which are alive. eek

Remember the little crawling grenade things that you pull the legs off of them and throw them? rotfl

They explode in that yellow gas. thumbsup

wave joe
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 04:16 AM

Not an FPS, but I also loved that Katana sword in Vampire Bloodline for the "wet work." But later in the game the .50 caliber McClusky and the Colt Anaconda just absolutely rocked. LOVED those guns.

Joe, sounds like Prey might need to be on my short list just for that crawling grenade thingie!

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 04:38 AM

Draclvr Prey is an awesome game. thumbsup

It messes with your mind in every way. grin

wave joe

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 04:59 AM

Even more appealing now, Joe! At my age, my mind needs messing with at every opportunity to stay sharp!
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 05:01 AM

The cannon on the Scorpion tanks in Halo; gotta love a gun that never runs out of ammo and brings down buildings... thumbsup

The FN OCP pistol in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory that aside from being a nice silenced side arm can also shoot a mini-EMP blast to temporarily turn off lights and electronic devices. Also, the SC-20K rifle that fires everything from 20mm rounds to stealth "sticky-cams" to an electrically charged load for non-lethal take downs. I need one of those for business meetings... lol

Posted By: Mad

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 05:52 AM

Hi smile

One of mine was a sword in Divine Divinity but I don't remember the name .... could it have been "Freeze" ??

Turned the baddie into a solid lump of ice - making the chopping up process so much easier lol

Cheers.

Mad evil
Posted By: Sig Segorn

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 07:46 AM

Good idea for a topic. Course, I've had a number of faves (the crossbow in Half-life 2 comes to mind), but, if I can just pick one beloved, must-have weapon from any game I've played so far, I'm gonna go with Greatbow Shift from Lands of Lore 3. This is a handsome-looking bow that automatically changes between 4 kinds of unlimited ammo, depending on what you're shooting at and its vulnerabilities. It shoots either regular arrows, or lightning bolts, or ice shards, or fireballs. Thohan's Greatsword, from the same game, is an awesome sword, as well.
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 11:31 AM

ooooohhhh Greatbow Shift. I remember that cross-bow and loved it very much.

In Lands of Lore II it was the best but in Lands of Lore III it was not the best one to have however.

The one you had to swim through the posion water and was hidden in a secret cave was better. Dark something (I think)was better.

In DD I had a (either blessed or a Devine)sword that I got which I saved the game first before it was ID. I kept loading the game and had the Blacksmith ID it with freeze before I saved the game. Loved it.

Righ now I just got a game called The Chosen-Well of Souls and am enjoying using a rifle instead of a bow. It really depends on the damage numbers as to which one will become a favorite.
Posted By: Robert

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 11:47 AM

This is an easy one. The Gravity Gun in Half Life 2. That thing is so powerful near the end of the game, no enemy can even come close to you.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 01:42 PM

Draclvr, Prey is such a unique game, that I highly recommend it. The twisted imagination that went into the creation of it is just awesome. I hope you get a chanceto play it and let us know what you think.

Joe, that's the gun! I really got off on frying people with the bolt. Such satisfaction... lol
Posted By: Volkana

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 03:11 PM

Shotgun and sniper i think... No wait baretas (i'm i spell it correctly?)
Posted By: gremlin

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 03:50 PM

Lara Croft's unlimited ammo pistols, or the Prince of Persia's sword... tough choice, but I think I'll go with Lara's lovely pair.

Gremlin

p.s. the pistols, of course, you numbskull! wink

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 08:05 PM

Gremlin! lol

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/04/08 11:50 PM

Which game, Volkana?

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: gremlin
Lara Croft's unlimited ammo pistols, or the Prince of Persia's sword... tough choice, but I think I'll go with Lara's lovely pair.

Gremlin

I know what you meant shame lol

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 01:26 AM

VHL, just so there's no confusion, Greatbow Shift was a regular-looking bow, not a crossbow, but I'm glad that someone else remembers that weapon fondly. (There was, however, in the same Fighters' Guild shop, the Valkyrie Crossbow, which shot fireballs, exclusively.) Also, the sword you were trying to think of was called Great Sword Darkstorm. Besides doing damage, it transferred an enemy's Hit Points and Spell Points to you with each strike. Personally, I still favored Thohan's Great Sword, which also drained HP and SP from enemies, but also negated 50% of all nonmagical damage you'd otherwise suffer, allowed you to recover Hit Points at twice the normal rate, summoned an Imp Lord to help you if you got down to a quarter of your Hit Points, had a 10% chance of casting Lightning Storm spell on each strike, and had this cool zapping sound effect whenever you struck something with it. On top of all that, I always gave it a permanent application of quicksilver, which added 10 points to its Might. Awesome. Ending with a bit of lore trivia about this legendary blade from the strategy guide: "It's said that Thohan didn't have this sword with him the day he was killed."
Posted By: nickie

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Robert
Originally Posted By: gremlin

Gremlin

I know what you meant shame lol

grin Equal time after we gals talked about the Witcher, huh?

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 02:24 AM

Quote:
Equal time after we gals talked about the Witcher, huh?

Nooooo. Shame on you too shame smile

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 02:30 AM

rotfl
OK, I really liked the flaming swords in the last part of the Witcher.
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 12:02 PM

Oh Sig Segorn, you now have me wanting to play the lands of Lore games all over again. Hmmmm to many games going right now but soon.....real soon..............

I loved Valkyrie Crossbow in Lands of Lore II. It came in real handy in the Citadel where those creatures that put up the pink columns were and the ones that were hiding in the caves above you.

I also loved all the ones you mentioned.

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 02:36 PM

Hi Draclvr,
i wasn't ment a game but the two pistols by whom you can shoot simultaneously. Like the ones Lara Croft has and Hitman too. I think that there are on the game cover too (Hitman)...
Obviously i spell it completely wrong...
Sorry... blush

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 05:34 PM

You do great Volkana, no need to apologize! wave
Posted By: looney

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 05:50 PM

Hey Volkana, I think you were going for beretta guns right?

Oh and my favorite weapons are always swords! evil

wave

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/05/08 09:54 PM

Volkana, you did fine! I was just curious if there was a game where you really liked those weapons. In Vampire Bloodlines, you could have a Beretta, but it was pretty useless. The ones you used in the other games must have worked MUCH better!

Me too, looney. I do like my swords! Although, I did forget about that awesome flamethrower in Vampire Redemption!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/06/08 12:05 AM

Hi Shadow..

In Titan Quest..I prefer the staff's..I just love the lightening & fire & cold freeze & poison they put out lol

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/06/08 02:01 AM

I know what you mean, VHL---referring to the LoL3 strategy guide to post that reply gave me a hankering to reacquire the game so I can play it again, like for the 8th time. There's so many good things about it. And yeah, I used the Valkyrie Crossbow once for going through The Frozen Wastes and it was fine for that.

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/06/08 02:41 PM

OK, you got me curious so I picked up Lands of Lore: the Throne of Chaos. I'm such a sucker for RPG's woozy

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/06/08 04:58 PM

Is that LOL II or III? I enjoyed III. I remember getting killed a lot in fire caves though.

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/06/08 09:41 PM

That's the first one. I think it's the follow-up to Eye of the Beholder. I have a mit load of the D&D PC games I've been slowly going through and it included Eye of the Beholder 1, 2 and 3, but no mention of the LOL games. They (the LOL games) must have been a side project outside of the Forgotten Realms series.

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/06/08 11:11 PM

Yes, I guess so. I'm pretty sure I already gave you this link, but in case anyone else is interested, here is a listing of the Forgotten Realms games.

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/06/08 11:20 PM

Oh, so it's your fault! lol

Here is what I picked up on ebay a couple months ago and why I'm knee deep in RPG's right now...

Forgotten Realms Archive

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/07/08 08:01 AM

No! No! That was the evil twin I think (back pedaling out the door). laugh

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/07/08 11:37 AM

Now that i'm thinking of it, i also liked the whip in the last Prince of Persia game...
Posted By: Rowan

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/07/08 03:50 PM

Just give me a bow, in any game, and the target becomes a sieve. evil
Posted By: Shadow

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/07/08 11:52 PM

Great responses everyone. Gremlin lol
Not too many shooter fans here, huh? I like RPG's too, Diablo 2 and Oblivian were awesome. I like bows too, especially when you get special arrows.

Peter grin

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/09/08 12:34 AM

First-person shooters are the other kind of game I like, besides RPGs, but there tends to be so many good, modern (or futuristic) weapons in them that I couldn't even recall my faves when I went to post in this topic. For example, I played Painkiller a few months ago, and, in that game, there's 5 weapons that each do 2 good, different things. As I write this, I can't even remember all of those. I have Project Snowblind on the shelf to play before long, and I think that'll be another case in point. The crossbow in Half-life 2, with the scope and radioactive bolts, stands out for me, cuz, besides being a good, long-range, silent sniper weapon, I thought it was so cool how you could tack enemies to walls with it. Another factor in my choice was that, in LoL3, you can go to the Fighters' Guild shop and buy Greatbow Shift as soon as you work up the money for it (and it's not even as expensive as it oughta be), but, in some other games, you have to get lucky with getting a good enchanted weapon (for instance, a two-handed sword in Divine Divinity that freezes and poisons, without exception, on every hit), or enchant a weapon yourself to make it better. Anyway, good topic. wave
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: What's your favorite weapon in a game? - 02/09/08 06:21 AM

I always love the swords of one sort or another. Usually the freeze or flame swords are my favorites in Divine Divinity, Oblivion, Morrowind. I really liked the one handed axes too in DD. I've been enjoying the long gun in Vampire Masquerade.

Melanie
© 2024 GameBoomers Community