GB HOMEPAGE

Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned

Posted By: syd

Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 05/30/09 05:33 PM

Greetings from the blood suckers of the world. I'm about ready to start the game and I have one question (so far). What is the significance of the History? Do I need to pick one? I'm going to take Barb's advice and play as a Gangrel first and I think I may go with the Pagan Priestess - good idea? Bad idea? Doesn't make a lick of difference in how the game plays out?

Oh and I downloaded and installed the unofficial patch 6.2 - again - should I have done that (don't want to get into the game and then find out I screwed it up by using the patch)
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 05/30/09 06:28 PM

Gangrel is a good first character because of the strength and cool disciplines. The only thing choosing a certain character such as the Pagan Priestess does is award the character points a certain way before you start. Grab her and GO! The history is interesting only if you want to read it.

The last time I played I installed the unofficial patch too. It made a few minor changes in the game, but nothing significant. I've also played both with no patch and the official patch with no issues.

I think you're really going to like this game!
Posted By: hawkavonpuka

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 05/30/09 07:56 PM

My first play was as a Malkavian, we did fine except that I was playing on a slug of a computer so had to go God mode. Second time I was a Toredor but got sooo stuck in the museum that I just could not sneak and I was killing everyone. I left it as that then ran into all my mega computer issues and of course lost everything. Maybe I should start again, I think I patched the game. The console is good to have set up, just in case, but it does tend to freeze the game a lot.
Posted By: Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 05/31/09 09:05 AM

I have no idea what the "pagan priestess" is. Did I miss something here?

I never patched the game & I've had no problems, except when I tried to leave the Dane as a Nosferatu.

I never completed the museum without killing everybody in there, Judy. It doesn't seem to make a difference if you do. It's more fun, too! evil Why not give it another try?

Syd, you'll want to add experience points to animalism as soon as you can. The first discipline you'll earn is burrowing beetle. Then spectral wolf (very cool). Then you'll get bloodsuckers communion, my favorite in the game.

You'll learn a lot about kindred society as you go along. You already know a lot from Redemption. I think the whole thing is so interesting.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 05/31/09 12:48 PM

I made it out of training - still a bit confused on the keyboard commands - went to talk to Jack and hit him with my pipe instead - he was unamused lol Forgot how to toggle from first person to third person so will have to find a manual and check that out. Did have trouble climbing down for some reason - I made the motions but didn't move - finally got myself down but have no clue how really.

I am now looking for some drugs to help poor Mercurio (he's in sad shape) and then off to the beach.

Not sure if you missed anything or not Barb - I just hit the History button during steup and there were about 6 Titles so I read through them and picked one I liked - figured I was supposed to grin

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 05/31/09 01:38 PM

Toggle 1st and 3rd person by prssing Z. I still don't know where "history" is. Is it when you start a new game or what? I just always click on clan & gender.

You can find drugs in the Medical Center, usually on the 2nd floor.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 05/31/09 08:28 PM

Has anyone tried this on Vista yet? I would like it on my laptop, I am sure I can hook up my gamepad on this. Syd is will save you lots of stress if you use a gamepad, Drac and I do, we have Cyber Snipa and like it a lot.

Edit here: It doesn't seem to be available anywhere except their online store and they want twice what I paid for it devil maybe eBay? I bought mine from GoGamer, I think Drac did also, but maybe there are similiar ones out there.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 05/31/09 11:23 PM

My gamepad is permanently attached to my left hand! It has made my gaming life so much easier...

I saw a few of them at Amazon.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/01/09 02:12 AM

Hawka I'm playing it on Vista right now - no problems at all. Played Redemption on Vista also.

Barb the History comes up when you're picking your character. It's the last thing you do before your character is finished.

I'll have to look into a gamepad - I've never used one - for some reason they seem complicated - it could be because I'm old too grin

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/01/09 11:28 AM

I'm old enough to retire in 24 days and start drawing SS next fall, syd! What the gamepad did for me was put everything at my fingertips with a nice to rest my wrist. The WASD keys are nice and big too.
Posted By: croaker

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/01/09 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Barb
Toggle 1st and 3rd person by prssing Z. I still don't know where "history" is. Is it when you start a new game or what? I just always click on clan & gender.

And in general, all the commands can be seen by looking through the options from the ESC-screen.

The character histories were part of what the game developers were planning on including but ran out of time to get them finished. The unofficial patches (by Wesp) have these included. They are interesting to read and some can have a real effect on your game, though most won't make a big difference. There are different history choices depending on your character's sex and clan, although some are shared.

Added later --
I started playing this game again the end of this weekend. This time I'm a Brujah, which so far hasn't seemed much different, but I haven't made it downtown yet to their base, although that'll happen tonight.

I wanted to warn that I ended up having to reinstall the game after using Wesp's latest unofficial patch (version 6.2) because the "grab object" action wasn't being made available. What I'm talking about is picking up boxes to move them around or cans/bottles to toss to make noise. The hand icon never appears and pressing E (action) had no effect. His previous version (6.1) works fine for me, which is what I'm using right now.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/06/09 09:56 PM

Happy Saturday fellow vamps. I have a small technical problem that I hope one of you experts will be able to help me with. I am at the Ocean House Hotel getting the begeebees scared out of me (I haven't actually jumped like that since Blackstone Chronicles) eek Anywho, I am in the room where I have to bash the planking on the floor in order to get to the room below. How the heck do I do that? I have been able to bash walls okay, move items okay but bashing the floor has me hardwall

So far I'm having a grand time with the game. Finished quite a few side quests and just ambled back to the main one. Haven't upgraded myself yet - haven't decided where to assign all the experience points I have so I've just been swinging my lead pipe about and watching the bodies fly evil

croaker that's really strange that you can't use the hand icon - I have the 6.2 patch installed and am having no problems whatsoever. I can chuck things all over the place - weird

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/06/09 11:36 PM

Isn't the Ocean House just a blast?! smile Very creepy! To break through the floor, put your cursor on the boards & you'll get an icon to break through. Then hit the action button.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/07/09 04:03 AM

The single scariest part of any game I've played! I had to quit playing one night when I finally got to the basement. I still had to go out to the barn to feed the barn cats and I was just too creeped out to continue!

That part was tricky for me too. But Barb is right. When you hover your mouse in the right place on the boards, you will get the sledge-hammer cursor to break through.

I had no issues with the hand icon with this patch either...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/07/09 04:34 AM

lol Drac, that's funny about the barn! I can certainly imagine how creepy it would be!

I think the abandoned hospital is the creepiest part of the game. I've had a lot of tests, mainly on my back, lately & one night I dreamed I was a patient in that hospital! Pisha was one of my nurses! What a nightmare! lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/07/09 05:22 AM

Pisha! Oh, my. That is the SECOND creepiest part of any game I've played. And to have her in my dreams? scared

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/07/09 01:31 PM

Thanks for the tip. It was not a technical error, it was an operator error. Instead of hitting the E key I kept hitting the left mouse button crazy Dumb, dumb, dumb.

At any rate I made it out of the hotel alive - barely - actually got killed once when the elevator fell on me and squished me like a bug but other than that lol

I am now back in the sewers with the swimming rats - such joy.

Oh great, now I have a hospital to look forward to?????

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/07/09 02:54 PM

Oh, worse than that - an abandoned hospital with horrors, such horrors...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/07/09 04:32 PM

The hospital is creepy, but easy. I don't think you can get killed there, unless you attack Pisha. It's easy to get lost, though.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/09/09 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Barb
The hospital is creepy, but easy. I don't think you can get killed there, unless you attack Pisha. It's easy to get lost, though.

The hospital is entirely optional, but you get a couple of helpful items by doing it.

You won't get attacked by anything here. The initial challenge is to navigate your way through to where Pisha hangs around. Even once the pathway is cleared on your way back out, there's usually enough crud lying around to make traveling awkward.

The Hotel is definately creepy, even when doing for the third or fourth time, and it's quite possible to die in it, and not just due to rapid elevator impacts.

Originally Posted By: syd
croaker that's really strange that you can't use the hand icon - I have the 6.2 patch installed and am having no problems whatsoever. I can chuck things all over the place - weird

I suppose it could have been a bad interaction with one of the other patches I was trying this time -- ones that have nicer models for some NPCs and items, but that seems unlikely to me. I still had an odd effect with this game (using the 6.1 "basic") in which I could never find Gary's old film video at the theatre. It's not like it's something that helps with gaining money or XP, but I'd already collected all the other items he was going to be asking for, so I ended up using "give item_g_garys_film" at the console instead. (I felt bad doing this, though.)

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/09/09 06:02 PM

I used the console to get that item in the Ocean House hotel, there was no way to get back up there if you missed it. I also used God mode to get through the flaming mansion. I would always panic and not be able to get away from the ghouls. I sure loved sneaking up on the non flaming ones and breaking their necks or cutting their throats. Malkavian was so fun!!

I think it is time to load this up and see how it does on the laptop.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/10/09 02:19 AM

Hawka I tried to use the console with Redemption but I have Vista and I had no clue where anything was so I gave up and played it the hard way lol

I didn't mind the flaming corridors but I sure as heck had a fit with the warehouse blowing up part. Got killed a couple of times before I made it out of there (along with some serious cussing I might add).

I am now Downtown trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. It took me hours to find the bar where Nine was - you can't believe how tired I got of running around LA trying to find that stupid bar.

I did go into the abandoned hospital but couldn't figure out where to go so I left. I'm sure I'll go back and try again - can't leave a scary abandoned building alone now can I??grin

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/10/09 03:09 AM

Ah, so you've met the utterly sexy Nines Rodriques? Hubba, hubba!!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/22/09 04:37 PM

Ooh, yeah, Nines. He's hot!

How are you doing, Syd? Have you done the Elizabeth Dane yet?

I wanted to give you a tip - it's important that you get your Persuation feat to 4 - there will be some places where it comes in handy. Do you have spectral wolf yet? It's level 3 animalism.

I always try to get that before doing the warehouse, and Bloodsuckers communion (level 4) before doing the Grout mansion. You'll want to see Venus at Confessions club soon. She'll make you a partner in her club after you do her quests. The quests are easy, & she'll give you money every so often. It's one of the first things I do when I get downtown.

I couldn't resist, & started a new game yesterday. I'm doing the Giovannis now. Did you figure out what to do in the abandoned hospital, Syd? You certainly can't leave a scary abandoned building alone, although it is an optional quest.

Drac, don't you think Beckett is sexy, too? There's something about him... I think Fat Larry and Jack are so funny.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/27/09 01:29 PM

Have to agree with you both - Nines is a hottie and yes, Beckett is no slouch either.

Yep Barb I got through the abandoned hospital - my what an interesting indivudal she is evil For some reason the quest we talked about never registered on my quest log so I couldn't get to the statue she talked about - I could see where it was in the Museum and figured out what I needed to do but there was no action icon. I thought maybe I didn't trigger the right conversation points so I went back (I know my way around that hospital now - I duck, jump, weave and bob my way down in nothing flat) lol When I talked to her again, she said something about the artifact being stolen with the sarcophagus. So at this point I don't know if I can get it or not. It's still not showing up as a quest per say.

Speaking of the museum - have any of you gone through that and not killed a guard? I did fine until the first control room - I tried to sneak in and grab the manual but no way. I had to kill him. I also had to kill the guard that was in the control room right before you hit the laser beams in the hall. I could not get past him.

I just finished taking care of Venus' little money problem. I am now on my way to give her the good news grin

I have to confess I have no finess as a vampire - I'm a close and personal type of gal, which can cause all sorts of problems when someone like the good Bishop has a shotgun and I'm going after him with a knife. lol It took a lot of running and hiding behind walls and furniture to heal up before I finally got him.

As to the wolf spector - nope I'm still at level 2 and my persuasion is non-existant - if I need it at 4 I'm in deep trouble right now.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/27/09 01:56 PM

I've never been able to get past the guards in the museum either. I think you just get a few more experience points or something.

You got the Bishop with a knife! I'm duly impressed. The shotgun was the only way I've ever gotten him.

If your persuasion is high enough, you will have some interesting options with a "gentleman" named Romero later... evil

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/27/09 07:10 PM

Naughty naughty Drac, my persuasion wasn't high enough, he wasn't interested.

My first time through the museum as a Malk, I was really a good sneaker and I made it. Second time as a Toredor, I didn't, though I kept trying, spent lots of time hiding in the staircase. I was still stuck there when my computer crashed, cry

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/28/09 01:33 PM

Hawka I know that staircase well - spent lots of time under it myself.

Drac I could never load the shotgun fast enough to do me any good against the Bishop so I just knifed him to death. I think the only time I've used the guns was at the warehouse a few times taking out the thugs at a distance. And congrats to you Drac on your retirement - enjoy - that's something I doubt I'll live to see lol

I'm in Hollywood in the cemetary to be more specific right now getting ready to go on a zombie hunt for the next five minutes it appears. What a way to start a Sunday grin

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/28/09 04:08 PM

Ah, so you've met Romero, syd! Hawka, I upped my persuasion and seduction feats on purpose so I could be naughty!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/29/09 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: syd
Speaking of the museum - have any of you gone through that and not killed a guard? I did fine until the first control room - I tried to sneak in and grab the manual but no way. I had to kill him. I also had to kill the guard that was in the control room right before you hit the laser beams in the hall. I could not get past him.

I've managed it once, but I ended up having all the guards on alert. You still get the bonus experience even though they are looking for you. I may have been helped that time as the guards seemed to get semi-stuck trying to walk past each other in one hallway, although that then made it impossible to sneak by them later on to get to the door to the next area.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/30/09 12:27 PM

It doesn't make any difference to the game if you get caught in the museum. To me it's just much easier to kill everybody! I can do the Dane without killing anybody, but have never done it without being seen.

Syd, I don't think you'll have any trouble not haing level 4 persuasion. Maybe your seduction and/or intimidation will be enough. You really should work on getting your animalism up. The main reason I suggested a gangrel for your first game is because the animalism disciplines make the game much easier. When you hit someone with a bloodsuckers communion it not only kills him but returns a good bit of blood to you. Pestilence will kill some of the bigger monsters. It's especially helpful in the warrens.

The shotgun is very slow. I get the Jaegerspas XV from Mercurio as soon as possible. It's more powerful, reloads much faster, & holds more ammo.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/30/09 01:11 PM

Oh, yeah, the Jaegerspas... I love that weapon...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 06/30/09 07:03 PM

I sucked with all the guns, give me a Katana anytime, slash and dash.
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/02/09 07:50 AM

Hi- grin

I have been reading all these posts and the game sounds really good. Can someone tell me if I can just use my mouse for the game, if so I will buy it.

Thanks

maggie think wave headscratch

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/02/09 01:04 PM

Sorry, Maggie, it is a great game, but you have to use the keyboard to move around. If you want a Vampire game that uses only the mouse, Vampire Redemption is played with mouse only. And it's a GREAT game.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/03/09 03:01 PM

My mind is blank - where is Mercurio? Maybe I'd best be looking into that there fancy weapon grin I did just buy a sledgehammer - seemed the smart thing to do since I have to deal with a gargoyle and past experience has taught me that you have to beat them to death since they are made of stone. I also didn't do well on the zombie hunting - I tried it a couple of times (saved right before talking to Romeo - yes Drac I met your Romeo wink ) just could not keep them from breaking out of one gate or another so I gave up and decided not to take the quest. I may go back later and try again when I have a bit more points in either firearms or knifing.

Just got through with the nasty critters that had to do with getting the tapes. When that puppy crashed through the door I jumped 2 feet off my chair - good night nurse. Needless to say, he got in a few good swipes before I could recover lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/03/09 03:31 PM

Mercurio is in the apt building in Santa Monica across the street from the pawn shop. He doesn't always have the Spazz XV, you may have to check back later. I've never done the zombie thing for Romero. I just do the pimp thing for him for the money. I don't use firearms much. Bloodsuckers Communion will take care of most enemies & I save my best weapons for the really tough opponents.

The sledgehammer is good against the gargoyle.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/03/09 03:37 PM

Barb - he's the guy you first meet - the one you get the first quest from right? If that's the same guy - I remember going back to the apartment once and he was gone - guess I'd better try again - maybe he was out shopping or something grin

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/03/09 04:32 PM

Yes, that's the guy. You didn't tell on him to the prince, did you? If you did, he won't sell to you. Try the beach - sometimes he shows up there.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/06/09 01:27 AM

Hi Barb - I went back to Santa Monica and found Mercurio - bought the gun and some ammo from him - haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm sure I will.

I do have a strange problem and hope one of you could give me a pointer. I just made it to the second warren of the Nosferatu and I figured out what I need to do (since I got sucked up by the fan a time or two). My problem is I cannot grab the ladder. No use icon appears. I've tried to position my character towards the bottom rung - no go, towards the middle - no go - I've even surfaced thinking I need to grab on the top rung - still no go. I've loaded and reloaded about 9 times now and it's getting extremely frustrating. What's the trick? Something this easy should not be this hard lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/06/09 03:12 AM

I think I stayed on top of the water and used "jump" to grab it. Can't remember for sure. If you're still having trouble, I'll see if I still have my saved games and play it through again.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/06/09 07:52 AM

As soon as you get to the area with the ladder, face the side & hold down the forward key. The water will pull you to the right spot, & you should climp up with no problem.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/06/09 12:07 PM

Drac I tried jumping also while I was on top - all I managed to do was alert the little nasties that are hiding in the tunnels. At least I know what awaits me should I ever make it out of the water lol

Barb I swear that's what I've been doing but I'll go back and give it another try - I spent an hour last night at it again until I finally gave up. Sometimes it's the easiest things that trip me up - I'm sure I'll be back with a slapforehead and a "how on earth could I have been so dumb" comment grin

Edit : regarding not being able to climb up the ladder : see slapforehead above - problem? I was trying to get her to the actual ladder - solution - she climbed up about an inch to the left of said ladder. Thanks Barb - it was the just letting her get it herself comment that had me slowing her down along the wall.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/06/09 02:10 PM

Hurrah! On to slaying more creepy things.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/06/09 03:29 PM

Syd, I'm glad you got it! wave

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 07/27/09 05:48 PM

Where are you, Syd? Finish the game yet?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/01/09 02:10 PM

Hi Barb

I am a long way from finishing the game.

Between having to put in so much extra time at work (I'm not complaining mind you - in this economy I'm very lucky to still have a job) and my 15 month old granddaughter deciding I'm her favorite person in the whole world (my daughter and granddaughter live with us)- there hasn't been much time to play (according to my last saved game that would be July 12). I'm at the Megahurz Computer Building doing some quest.

I hope to get in some playing this weekend. I finally bought me a back lighted gaming keyboard so I can play without turning any lights on - very important when you're slogging through sewers grin

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/09/09 08:17 AM

Hi Syd,

You're not too far from the end, You must be doing the Tangled Web quest - I just finished that one. I don't always do it - it's a lot of work & the reward isn't that great. Did you get the quest from Imalia - to put the cameras in Tawni's apt.? I usually do that one, it's worth $400. It is fun, though. Have you been to Chinatown yet? I like all the places to do there.

How nice that your granddaughter is living with you. I don't get to see mine too often. I'm sure she thinks her grandma is wonderful! Do you like your new keyboard? I haven't seen any like that.

How do you like retirement, Drac? I've been retired for 14 YEARS & I love it! Gives you lots of time to kill monsters!

We're going out of town Monday for a few days. We just need to get away for a while.

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/09/09 02:03 PM

Hi Barb

Yep it was the Tangled Web quest and I finished it. I rather enjoyed it - and yes I got the quest to place the cameras - haven't done that one yet.

Got a lot of playing (at least for me) done last weekend. Made it to Chinatown. The one quest I may not do is the one (I forget the name) where you have to kill that monster in the warehouse. For some unknown reason, when I try to shoot that sucker, my aim is all over the map - I absolutely cannot shoot straight anymore (and I maxed my firearm skills right before taking him on). After getting the poor woman with me killed and myself killed about 12 times I think I'm giving up and ignoring that one.

Enjoy your vacation. We went to Vegas last month for 4 days (that's about 3 days longer than I can handle) lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/09/09 02:23 PM

The shotgun works quite well on the Hungyogi (or however you spell it!). Some of those big tanks have also been known to explode if you hit them. Hmmm... if he were also close by???

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/09/09 11:24 PM

Yes, those tanks are the way to kill him - get next to one & when he gets close, push it over on him.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/10/09 02:41 AM

I prefer the shotgun method - makes for a much bigger explosion when he's nearby!
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/13/09 07:18 AM

Barb- grin

Thanks so much for the answer on the mouse question, I have been off the computer for a few days and missed it. Appreciate the answer. Guess I will buy Vampire Redemption.

Thanks again

maggie wave yay

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/14/09 09:58 AM

Have fun, Maggie, I think you'll love it!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/14/09 02:02 PM

Ooo... Vampire Redemption, one of my favorites! Ah, poor Cristof and the lovely Anezka - alas, I miss them...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/14/09 10:02 PM

Me too, Drac, that's why I'm playing it again! I've been switching back & forth between Redemption & Bloodlines for months! (with short breaks for one of the Gothics or Silent Hills, that is) lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/15/09 01:52 AM

We are truly addicted, aren't we!!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/15/09 10:48 AM

Absolutely!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/15/09 02:36 PM

Thanks for the tip about the tank - even though I said I was going to drop that quest I know deep down in my RPG heart that I won't - I'm kinda stubborn that way lol

Another question - I think I've lost track of almost the first quest I got - the one where you find who killed that guy hanging at the dock in Santa Monica. Where do you pick up clues about that guy?

Maggie, you're going to love Redemption. Bloodlines is okay but I really loved Redemption.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/15/09 05:41 PM

Hi Syd, Redemption has always been my favorite, too, but for replay value, Bloodlines is great. I think I've played it more times than any other game.

I think I've only done the serial killer quest twice. I think you can find him in the garage area where you first met Tung. You only need to find him and kill him...or let him go. I always feel sorry for him & let him go. smile

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/16/09 12:47 PM

Barb you're right about the replay value of Bloodlines - if I get through this once I know I'll play again as another clan. And guess what? I took your and Drac's advice on those tanks and the what ever his name is, is toast grin However my partner in that little escapade turned out to be a bit of a nasty little twit. Here I help her oft her nemesis and she treats me like a slug. Even vamps have feelings ya know.

I looked at my quest log and for some reason the Tangled Web quest isn't over in the completed column - not sure why. I wonder if I have to go back into the warren t see what's his name for any reason.

I'm now at the Giovanni residence trying to figure out how to get into the mansion without an invite (really, I think it's rude I didn't get an invitation seeing as how I'm such a party animal) lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 08/17/09 09:46 AM

Yuki is pretty nasty, isn't she? She must be related to Kiki!

I don't think the Tangled Web quest does show up in the completed quest column. And I don't think Gary will show up again in his warren.

I just sneak into the back door of the Giovanni mansion. Be ready for a tough fight. hope you're stocked up on blood and ammo - you won't get out of there for a while. Do you have Bloodsuckers Communion? It'll help greatly. And Pestilence and the Jaegerspaz will make the final battle much easier.
Posted By: Julia K

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/07/09 09:56 PM

What year was Vampires Bloodline released and is there a walkthrough. I have Vista for my os. Thanks

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/08/09 01:37 AM

Julia, I'm not sure when it was released, but there are several walkthroughs. There is one here and several here. luck

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/08/09 02:03 AM

Julia, my game says it was released in 2004.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/09/09 12:44 AM

Julia Bloodlines plays just fine in Vista - that's the OS I have and it played without a hickup - plus the graphics as far as I'm concerned stand up to the test of time.

Yes I finished the game yesterday - played all weekend long - give or take grin

Loved the old Bat Communion - stood back, let them loose and watched them do my dirty work and then fly back to mama lol I did have a major problem with Ming. There was no way I could bring her down so (yes I will admit it here) I used god mode to get me through that part.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the game and know later on I'll replay as another clan.

Now onto Fable.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/09/09 03:11 AM

Ming is definitely tough. Last time I actually killed her by chopping off her arms with the Katana and then leveling her with the .50 caliber!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/09/09 11:28 AM

bravo Syd!! I knew you'd love it. IMO the 2 VTM games are the best ever made.
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/12/09 04:35 PM

I still haven't finished this. I don't have any computer here that I can play it on, either. It will just have to wait a little longer. I think I'm about 2/3 through the game.
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/18/09 10:07 AM

I should get back to playing this game some time, but perhaps once I've finished some of the games I have on hold smile

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/19/09 12:11 PM

Hi Smiley, you've played this before, haven't you?
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 09/23/09 05:18 PM

Yeah, but never did finish it (got lost amongst the diffrent quest and the processor I had was a bit sluggish now and then)
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 10/10/09 12:00 AM

I just came back from a local store and they had the Brady Games book for Bloodlines for a dollar $1.00. I would have bought it but I have one-- and paid a lot more for it. IF someone would like it- and they still have it Tuesday when I get back into town I would buy it and ship it-- cost to whomever---$1.00 plus shipping. Let me know.:)

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 10/10/09 05:45 PM

That's a great deal, Winfrey. I paid a lot more for mine, too. That's very nice of you to offer it. Anyonewho wants to play this great game should jump at the opportunity!
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 11/07/09 07:30 AM

Here's another newbie who got inspired by this thread and went out and bought the game smile

Should be here any day soon.
I think, I won't start until the new unofficial 6.6 patch comes out.
Although, I might try out the unofficial VTMB: Camarilla Edition 1.1 Released (10/16/09) first.
It has the 6.5 patch and official 1.2 patch included.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 11/07/09 01:40 PM

Great, Misslilo! You will love the game & you'll find plenty of us veterans to help if you need it.

I've played it on 3 different computers & never needed a patch, but it wouldn't hurt to get one.

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 11/07/09 03:11 PM

I played the last time with the unofficial patch (previous edition) and didn't care for it much. It changed the situations in the game too much for me. But I might try it with the new patch and see what it's like.

I'd start it with the official patch and have at it! Absolutely great game and sometimes hard to find.
Posted By: Templeton Peck

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 11/09/09 11:11 PM

I agree, play without the unofficial patch, it takes too many liberties with the game.

Play with the official Activision patch only, if you run into trouble, then go looking for additional patches.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 11/09/09 11:52 PM

I agree, Templeton, don't use the patch unless you need it.

Did you get it yet, Misslilo?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 11/09/09 11:59 PM

That's the perfect way to put it, Templeton... it just took too many liberties with the game.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 11/10/09 06:18 AM

No Barb - not here yet - but hoping it might come today smile
Rihgt now I'm checking out WoW laugh

Edit:
My game came today wednesday 11, but don't have time to play before the weekend laugh

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 12/12/09 09:59 AM

Have you started the game, Misslilo?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 12/12/09 12:05 PM

Ohh, shoot, forgot about this, lol smile

Yes, I got it started and played a little while, not much though, but enough to get a feeling of it.
Think I like it, but I got stuck right at the begining, in a basement, where I couldn't open a door, lol.
So I haven't really played anymore - but I will eventually take it up again. Once I get tired of WOW laugh

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 12/13/09 06:09 AM

Don't worry about a locked door - it's probably not important yet. I recommend you do the tutorial - i.e., accept Jack's help, for your first time through. You'll learn a lot. Watch your quest log, it'll help you decide what to do next.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 12/13/09 09:45 AM

Ha ha, Ok but I believe I was only doing the tutorial, when I got stuck laugh
You can be sure though, that I'll come back here, whenever I need help.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 12/13/09 03:09 PM

lol We'll be here!
Posted By: olgeezer

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/06/10 07:40 AM

I just noticed this thread.

Now you guys have gone and done it!

I have to replay this game yet again!!! The only clan I haven't played is Ventrue and it's time to re-install.

Quite possibly the best RPG ever made. The NPC's are the funniest, most demented cast of characters I've ever encountered in a game. My only gripe,and it's minor really), is that your kind of forced into quite a bit of combat near the end, with some very tough boss fights.

The haunted mansion quest is one of the scariest levels I've ever played with the possible exception of the Cradle in Thief 3.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/06/10 03:00 PM

Have fun, Geezer! I love this game & I agree it's one of the best ever made. My all-time favorite is still Vampire Redemption, though.

I've gotten to where I only play any more as a gangrel. The animalism disciplines are so awesome, and you don't have to rely on fighting as much. I use Pestilence on the sheriff and the chiropteran behemoth at the end and the fight is easy. I tried to play as a nosferatu, but had a bug that wouldn't let me leave the cargo ship.

Let us know when you start & you'll probably find a few to play along.

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/10/10 08:58 PM

Hi Barb. I was going to re-install, however I started playing a game called Cryostasis, which I downloaded from Gamersgate for under 7 bucks. I can't seem to tear myself away from it right now. Very atmospheric game with an intriguing story, at least so far. I've never played anything quite like it.

As soon as I'm done with this one I will definitely do another run through of VTM Bloodlines. It could be a lot of fun, if others were to play it as well. Never done one of those "community" playthroughs.

Posted By: Smooshmonster

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/12/10 07:49 PM

Hello.
I have a question here. It seems to me that it is impossible to kill the werewolf in the park? I am expecting it to be tough, but I am dealing bucketloads of aggravated damage here and it doesn't seem to slow it down.
Did the game designers intend for this to be impossible? Am I meant to just run away?
I don't like running away. frown

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/12/10 08:12 PM

Smoosh, there is absolutely no way to deal enough damage to the werewolf to take him down. Your strategy here is to figure out a way to get past him and into the observatory upstairs. I won't spoil how to do that unless you want!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/13/10 12:25 PM

Thank you Drac! This is the reason I didn't want to look at any walkthroughs for this, I didn't want them to tell me how to kill it, just whether or not I'm wasting time trying.
Will try a different approach now.
Cheers.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/13/10 04:00 PM

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/13/10 04:55 PM

Thanks Drac wave

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/13/10 05:08 PM

There is a way to kill the werewolf. But it's not easy. I won't spoil it unless you want, but the first time I played the game I couldn't figure out how to do it either, and it wasn't until my 3rd or 4th playthrough that I got lucky and figured it out.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/13/10 05:42 PM

Well, you do end up killing him, but certainly not by dealing him aggravated melee or gun damage as Smoosh asked about.

You did good if you made it out of there on the 3rd or 4th try. I think it took me a couple of days the first time I played!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/13/10 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Well, you do end up killing him, but certainly not by dealing him aggravated melee or gun damage as Smoosh asked about.

You did good if you made it out of there on the 3rd or 4th try. I think it took me a couple of days the first time I played!

Haha. I think you've misunderstood me. I mean't the 3rd or 4th time I played the game in it's entirety.

The first couple of times I played the game I ran away like a deer in headlights!

You are right though, you can't kill him with conventional weapons.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/13/10 10:28 PM

That's good, olegeezer! And here I was going to nominate you for Werewolf Killer of the Year! lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/15/10 07:34 PM

I lucked into killing the werewolf actually. I never would have thought of it.
That was well worth it for 4 xp though. Thanks for the help Drac!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/15/10 08:45 PM

That's what happened to me too, Smoosh. I had no idea what I was doing and clicked on a lever and the timing was right!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/16/10 02:36 AM

The hardest part is getting to that first switch!
Posted By: Cody

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/24/10 07:41 AM

I just bought this game, and I absolutely love it. Unfortunately my game crashes at a certain point. Even after I installing the unoffical patch. Hoping Wesp will fix the problem soon, so I can continue.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/24/10 03:56 PM

Cody, did you install the 1.2 official patch as well as the unofficial one?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/24/10 04:56 PM

And if you are having problems with a game crash, maybe Inland or Jenny could help you down in the Tech forum. I had problems playing the game until I upgraded my memory - it needs at least 1 GB to play well.
Posted By: Cody

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 01/26/10 02:39 AM

Yeah, I bought the game off steam, and steam downloads the latest version. Plus I have 4gbs of ram.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/01/10 03:07 PM

Are you still having a crash problem?
I was having a problem too and it got fixed when I increased my virtual memory. Have you tried that?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/17/10 07:18 PM

Well I installed this game yet again. My 7th time playing it. This is quite possibly the most enjoyable game I've ever played in any genre with the possible exception of Deus Ex. Mmm.. SS 2 is a [blip] fine game as well.

Anyway, the best part is. I thought I had played all of the clans, however for the first time ever, let the game decide for me and low and behold, it picked Ventrue! I started playing and realized I had never played as one before. Good stuff!

The dominate skill is a blast, and for once I'm concentrating on mostly defense skills and of course lockpick and sneak. God, what a fantastic game. Every time I play it the depth of the characters amaze me. And also one of the few games that actually has me laughing out loud. It's nice to be back.

Will also be picking up Redemption from GOG once I get paid. Tried the demo and found it a lot of fun as well.
Posted By: Cocoa

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/25/10 01:31 PM

Hi,
I have read this thread and this game really seems great. Two questions I have ...does it run on Vista? as I was considering a dl and saw a thread where someone warned it did not play on Vista. Also, do you play as just your main char or do you have a group with you to assign attacks and skills etc? as I saw in the redemption demo. Hope not as I dont really care for that type of combat. Thanks.
Patty

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/25/10 02:37 PM

I can't answer the question about Vista, but in this one you only play as your character. It's a great game!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/26/10 10:13 AM

The game is sadly not compatible with Vista. However, there are some workarounds floating around the 'net that seem to work for some but not for others. It seems to be a hit and a miss, like most things with Vista.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/26/10 10:40 AM

It's really weird it doesn't work on Vista, since it works on my Win7 Pro 64-bit gig.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/26/10 07:34 PM

I really DO need to clone myself and my computers lol lol

Because I MUST find the time somehow to play this game - it gets nothing but good comments - and I've had it on my shelf for eons yes yes

EDIT :
Well, I've installed it at least and am now researching patches bravo

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/27/10 11:52 AM

Go, Mad!!!!bravo Don't worry too much about patches - just play. I've never patched the game and it runs fine.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/27/10 03:13 PM

I played the game on Vista and had no problems at all. No work arounds were needed. I just installed the game and away I went.

Mad you really will like the game.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/27/10 05:33 PM

Like I said, it seems to be a hit and a miss with Vista. It works for some, for many others it doesn't.

Mad, I would advise you to patch up to the 1.2 version and not get any of the unofficial patches.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/27/10 07:26 PM

I agree with Smoosh - I didn't care for the game changes in the unofficial patches.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/28/10 03:13 AM

Thanks for your comments folks - always helpful grin

I'll be playing on WinXP so I think I'll follow the 1.2 patch advice thanks

EDIT :

Well, I've started the game to get a feel of it - and will probably start it more than once till I think I might have some idea of what I'm doing lol

But I have a question already !!

Where do I find the list of key controls ??
Walk/Run .... QSave/QLoad .... ETC

I can't find any list in the manual eek

EDIT 2:
Found them !! blush

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/28/10 02:54 PM

What clan do you think you'll be, Mad? I always recommend Gangrel for the first time through, because their disciplines are so cool. If you prefer hack n' slash, any of the others are good.

Have fun!
Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/28/10 06:15 PM

Hi Barb smile

Knowing nothin' about anythin' blush I opted to "answer questions" and let the game decide for me and I did, indeed, end up in the clan Gangrel thumbsup

I've played a little of the tutorial now and enjoyed myself but there are a lot of control keys to learn and that might cause me some problems until I have mastered them eek

I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this game though - even from the short section played so far bravo

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/28/10 08:25 PM

Oh, you will, you will!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/28/10 09:20 PM

lol lol lol

Thanks, Draclvr !!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 02/28/10 11:37 PM

Hey Mad. The manual that came with the game is very informative about controls, however if you ever get confused about something, try

http://www.planetvampire.com/

Tons of useful info on that site. This game is rather amazing in that it still has a very dedicated fan base. (And deservedly so IMO).

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/01/10 04:11 AM

Hi olgeezer smile

I can't find the controls "listed by key" in the manual but I found them in the Main Menu of the game itself under "Options".

And yes, I discovered Planet Vampire when I was researching patches. It certainly looks like a great info source thumbsup

['Course, there IS also a fantastic band of folks here at Gameboomers who will probably be able to answer any question I might have happydance]

Thanks.

Mad grin

EDIT :
Need help already !! eek eek
I am still in the tutorial and am starting to make my way through the basement of a garage but have come to a door which requires a higher lockpicking level than I have.
So, I think I need to use the "Blood Buff" vampyric power ??
But don't know how to bring it on.
"Nightwisp Ravens" is showing at the right hand side of the screen at the moment. How do I change it ??
I've looked at the manual but can't find any info on how to actually use/control disciplines, only what they can achieve woozy

Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/01/10 05:44 AM

If I remember correctly, you scroll through your disciplines with your middle mouse button.

I think you could safely say there will be plenty of help here! I may have to load the game up myself for another play through.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/01/10 05:54 AM

Wasn't it scroll through, then right click, it has been ages since I played this game. Plus I think there is a door lock card in the safe. I thought Jack is supposed to walk you through it.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/01/10 06:26 AM

Thank you both very much !! I will try scrolling thumbsup

[I am past the door you are thinking of hawkavonpuka, I found and used the card on that earlier door.]

See !! I HAVE made SOME progress rotfl

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/01/10 08:47 AM

I hated that basement, was always getting busted. Since I was Malkavian I used Obsfucate or however it is spelled, that doesn't look right. It makes you unseen if you hold perfectly still, as in a crouch. I haven't played Gangrel so I am no help there. It is a great game, I loved it and if my pile of unplayed games ever goes down, I will play it again.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/01/10 12:53 PM

I'm playing again right now. Just doing the crack house. Drac is right, Mad - Scroll the middle mouse wheel until you see Blood Buff on the lower right part of the screen, then right click. All your disciplines are done this way. As a gangrel, you want to add experience points to "animalism" to get the best disciplines.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/02/10 04:26 AM

Sorry to be so late back but I had no chance to use my computer at ALL today mad

Anyway, I launched the game a few moments ago to try the mouse scrolling and Yahoo !! Worked a treat !!

So many thanks yet again thumbsup
[And I will remember that bit about where to allocate points too, Barb, thanks.]

EDIT :
Finished the tutorial and made it to Mercurio's bravo
Also gained 2 experience points, so I hit the "C" key to use them .. but no go !!
Does anyone know why I can't use them ??

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/02/10 10:10 AM

Hi Mad, good going! When you have points to spend, just use the mouse to put them where you want. The higher the skill, the more points you need. The highest animalism discipline, pestilence, takes 20 points. So you probably need more XP before you can use them. Put your cursor on the skill you want to raise, & the game will tell you how many points you need.

The first animalism discipline you get is nightwisp ravens, then burrowing beetle, then spectral wolf, then bloodsuckers' communion, then pestilence. Try to get all of them when you can.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/03/10 05:25 AM

Thanks, Barb thumbsup

I'm talking about things like "strength" etc.. where there is a row of circles after each attribute.
I was trying to tick the next empty circle but wasn't allowed.
So I'd better go do some mouse hovering and see what I see grin

I'm very grateful for all the help I am always so kindly offered here.
Even though I have played several RPGs now I still struggle with controls and stuff sometimes - especially when the manual doesn't cross every "T" and dot every "I" for inept folk like me lol

EDIT :
Ooooh !! Must getting a little better. Just made a good bit of progress happydance
Posted By: Cocoa

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/03/10 01:27 PM

Hi all,
Syd you mentioned you played in Vista ...was it a CD or a dl? How many of you here have played in Vista no problems. I have Vista home premium 32 bit. Thanks
Patty

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/03/10 04:06 PM

Mad, woo hoo for the progress wave

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/03/10 07:46 PM

Yeah !! looney4labs yay

I'm getting the hang of the controls a bit more now yes

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/08/10 05:08 AM

Hi smile
Not been able to play for a while but at last got back to the game tonight bravo

Stuck though ....

I'm still in Santa Monica and have travelled through the sewers to a haunted hotel where I have to "find an item".

Now, in an upstairs bedroom, I'm trying to smash through a hole in the floor that's been patched with wood.
I've tried (when I see the "bash" icon) using a baseball bat, a tyre iron or bare fists, both in a crouching position AND standing up, but I am obviously not doing the right action because the boards aren't breaking at ALL help

[When I was in the basement of the hotel though, I was able to break through the wall, when crouched, with just my bare fists !!]

Can anyone offer advice, please ??

Cheers.

EDIT : Solved

A couple of days away and I forget everything ....
All I had to do was hit the "E" key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blush

Mad grin

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/08/10 02:58 PM

That basement was just about the scariest place I've ever been in a game. I was up very late one night playing and was home alone. I got so spooked I had to quit. I still had to go out to the barn to take care of the dogs and barn cats - I think I took my shotgun out there with me!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/09/10 05:42 AM

Draclvr !!!! lol lol lol
[Although I must admit to getting a bit jittery myself whilst down there !!!! eek]

I've progressed another bit now and accepted a quest which entails visiting a cafe - but when I get in there, I soon get absolutely "finished off" by four thugs ....

Hmmm. Have to think about this one, I reckon slapforehead

EDIT :
Hah !!!! Went away to think - and then did 'em all in on my next visit. AND garnered a nifty lookin' rifle and another revolver of some kind.
[And then "replenished" myself courtesy of the counter assistant evil]

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/10/10 07:28 PM

Hi smile

I've come to a fight today that I just can't win frown
[At the Santa Monica warehouse where I have to set off the explosives.]

After trying for hours without success, I decided to cave in and use God Mode for this one.

So, I set things up to enable console cheating and once in game I can open the console window and type in "God" - but when I close it again, the game locks up eek

[I did patch Bloodlines .... with just the one official 1.2 patch.]

Can anyone offer help, please ??

Cheers.

Mad rolleyes

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/10/10 08:37 PM

I had the same problem on my old computer, Mad, and was never able to get it working. It ended up that I had to slog through the game without godmode! I tried it with the game both patched and unpatched. Hope someone else has a suggestion for you, as that's a hard level.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/10/10 09:00 PM

I was able to get God mode to work, but only in certain areas, like where there wasn't much going on. You could try going back to a save and set it there. I didn't use God mode for the warehouse, but it was difficult. I would use sneak alot and go around picking them off, then saving after each and every time. I am not sure if Gangrel can do it, but if you can sneak up behind someone you can either slit their throat (if you have a knife) or break their necks. Cool!!

I am getting tempted to put this one back on, I had to quit on my last play due to computer issues.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 01:24 AM

I get through that area by setting the explosive, then running like crazy. I have plenty of time to get back to the guy standing by the fire.

Mad, do you have any disciplines yet? By now you could have burrowing beetle and spectral wolf.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 02:15 AM

Hi All and thanks for your replies smile

[I have been doing so well upto this point that I'm really annoyed with myself for being useless when the odds go up a notch yes]

So far, by killing one or two at a time - from entering the very start of this quest until I reach the very big inner room where there are LOTS of enemies - I can cope fine.
But it's this big room where I get into trouble !!
I can't seem to sneak up and kill more than one or two before I'm detected by the others and then that's that eek

My latest effort was not to go in there at ground level at all but to crawl along the rafters and drop down as near to the office door as I could and then run to it and unlock it.
And even though I am getting fired at I make it in OK.
AND once in, I can beat the men in there and set the explosives.

However, after I set the explosives and the timer starts, I have to run out into that big room again and so I still get slaughtered rolleyes

Yes, I do have "burrowing beetle", Barb, but not "spectral wolf".
And I've not found ammo anywhere for my rifle OR revolver. I think I only have two bits for each. Otherwise I would try taking potshots from the rafters before dropping down laugh

I guess I'll just have to keep trying. But going over the same part again and again and again takes away the FUN slapforehead

Cheers.
Mad zombie

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 02:54 AM

Mad, I think it took me two days to get past this part the first time I played! My problem was that I always got lost when I tried to run out of the building.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 03:03 AM

I got lost too among the train tracks and I also did the rafters bit. Have you tried going into one of the cubicles and hiding behind the desk? I did a lot of running and hiding out, I did try to do everyone in before setting the explosives, but those guys out in the yard got me quite a few times. I swear that there was an exit when they weren't there that vanished when they were.

Edit here: Ammo, can't remember where I found it, but maybe someone else will.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 04:07 AM

My problem was after I set the bomb and I only had 2 minutes to get out. Of course, all kinds of horrible monsters were waiting to attack me when I tried to leave!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 02:00 PM

I doubt I will get chance to play today frown

However, I certainly don't want to have to give up on the game and certainly will be trying again and again grin

[I really like it and want to play lots more thumbsup]

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 03:28 PM

Mad, it's been at least a year since I played, but let me check my other two hard drives to see if I have any saves just in case...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 03:29 PM

Yep, the problem with running away is you have to know which way to go! I've done it so many times I could probably do it in my sleep! As soon as you set the explosive, run through the door to the left, down the stairs & out the door to the outside. Go right, around the trucks and you should see the door back into the other building. Go through it & up the stairs there & jump up on the truck there, crouch & go forward under the overhang. Jump down to the left & start running! Eventually you'll make it back to the ramp & the guy standing by the fire.

The first time I played, I also killed everyone there & moved through the rafters but I soon figured out it was much easier to sneak and run!

Good luck, Mad!

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 04:43 PM

Thank you both yet again !! happydance

But ....
I have found a solution for the cheat codes causing the game to lock up yay
[I am playing in WinXP Home.]

Click to reveal..
To enable cheats in Vampire: The Masquerade : Bloodlines, right click the desktop shortcut icon to the game, and in the "Target" box, add -console after the quotation marks that follow vampire.exe.

"C:\Program Files\Vampire\vampire.exe" –console

[NOTE that there is a space between “exe” and “-console”.]

Then run the game and start to play.
Press ~ while playing to bring down the console window and enter the code in the text box and then click “enter”.

DON’T close the console window with the little X in the R hand corner – always close it by using ~ otherwise the game may lock up.

So, I can now still enjoy myself to the max - even when the going really is too tough for me bravo bravo

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/11/10 06:47 PM

Aha!!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/12/10 05:56 PM

Well, having utilised God Mode to escape the warehouse after the big blow up, I can honestly say I would NEVER have escaped without it.
What fights were required - to get out !!!! eek

Anyway, I've turned my cheat off again now and am happily doing new quests in Downtown L.A. bravo

This is a super game and I'm loving it thumbsup

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/12/10 07:14 PM

yay Mad happydance

So glad God mode was around to help you move on luck

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/13/10 03:30 AM

thanks broccoli

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/14/10 10:47 AM

Yikes !!!! I just found myself in some kind of a hospital building in Downtown L.A.

Made it to the lower levels OK but then .... scared scared scared

[Promptly reloaded a previous save rotfl]

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/14/10 04:21 PM

Little creepy, eh!!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/14/10 07:08 PM

Hi Draclvr smile

I am fed up today because due to my relatively poor RPG skills, Bloodlines has all of a sudden become way too difficult for me frown

I was managing really well and totally enjoying myself until the warehouse part, but not long after came that horrible entity in the bowels of the hospital and now, today, yet another situation I can't cope with !!
The Bishop and "Enlightenment" in the abandoned building rolleyes

I will never be able to do any of this type of quest without cheating and I hate cheating, unless it's only for an odd fight now and then.
So I am thinking I will give up now and try something else.
Drakensang, maybe, or Dragon Age or Divine Divinity 2 ??

Or, I could go back and re-play games I KNOW I can manage - like Morrowind or the original Divine Divinity or even Baldur's Gate lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/14/10 08:51 PM

The Bishop is more of a long slog that a hard battle, but only if you have the right weapons. The shotgun was my weapon of choice for him. So, don't go in unless you are well-armed and ammo'd up and have plenty of blood supply. You may have to wait to do the Bishop battle until you get enough money to buy what you need. Make sure you sell all the little "trinkets" you pick up to keep your money belt full.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/14/10 09:00 PM

I waited to do the Bishop for a long time, that is where looking at a walkthrough is good. You can look what quests are available, then do what you have to do to trigger them. Doing these small easy quests help build up your points and your cash. I had a horrible time in the parking lot and had to use God mode in that, also in the mansion when it was on fire. My old computer just wasn't fast enough to keep up with all that was going on.

This is the place where I got the most help Vampire Bloodlines

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/14/10 09:41 PM

That is the best resource, for sure. Like Hawka says, do as many of those side quests as possible to build up your points and cash. I suspect you took on the Bishop before you were ready. Don't give up yet!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/15/10 02:36 PM

Hi smile

Thanks for the tips, both of you, but sadly, I have decided to give up, for now at least duh

I just don't have fast enough reflexes for some RPGs and then resorting to God Mode is the only way I can progress - but that means, for me, the fun is gone frown

So I'll experiment with the other games I mentioned and see if I can manage one of those grin

[I'd probably never attempt ANY if I didn't know I could come here and get friendly help without being laughed off the board lol]

Cheers.

Mad thumbsup

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/15/10 02:41 PM

The only thing that matters is that you're having fun! Now, don't ask me how many times I've tried to defeat the theater critic in Psychonauts!!!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/15/10 03:32 PM

One for ME to definitely avoid then lol lol lol

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/15/10 07:01 PM

The first time in Bloodlines I spent all but the very beginning in God mode and it didn't bother me in the least.

My reflexes are pretty good but since my shoulder dislocation my mouse movement isn't.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/15/10 07:08 PM

Hi hawkavonpuka smile

I'm glad you can cope like that thumbsup

I just know I wouldn't enjoy myself being permanently in God Mode slapforehead

Not that there's any guarantee I'll be any better with the next RPG I try !! lol

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: Templeton Peck

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/15/10 10:49 PM

What I always liked about Bloodlines, was how there were multiple ways of doing things.

You were also rewarded differently based on how you accomplished the various goals in the game.

It almost always paid to be more stealthy, rather than going in guns blazing (although that could be fun at times, not to mention necessary).

Unfortunately, the fight with the Bishop is one of those situations, where you just have to slug it out (which isn't necessarily a bad thing for everyone).

I think you should give it a go again sometime. With a bit of planning ahead I think you could handle some of the tougher fights better, or at least give yourself the best chance possible.

Completing all the side quests and also making sure you are receiving the maximum points for completing each quest would be a good start.

Then placing those experience points in the right places and with the right timing would bring it all together.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/16/10 02:35 AM

TP, I think you've pretty much summed up the basics of this game!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/16/10 12:44 PM

Thank you, Templeton Peck, and I will bear in mind what you say thanks

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/18/10 05:55 AM

Bloodlines is one of my favorite games of all time but there are some very difficult battles in it. Personally I hate "boss" battles with a passion, and wish more games would give you an option to skip them entirely by giving you some type of dialog option.

If you get your persuasion or dominate skills up high enough, you should be able to talk your way out of just about anything.

And that's really my only complaint about the game.

However I'm playing as a Ventrue this time around, and the Bishop was surprisingly easy. The only time I've played the game, (and it's been at least 5 times!) when I wasn't banging on the keyboard in frustration trying to beat that guy. And I attribute this to the defensive skills you get. ie; Fortitude/Presence. Put a lot of points in these skills and you're pretty tough. Plus the Dominate skill has some hilarious results in dialog, as well as some good offensive skills surprisingly enough. Using Brain Wipe and Trance helped me a lot defeating the Bishop.

Although now I have to go to the Warrens, and seeing as I'm a "Blue Blood" and can't feed on rats, think I may be in a bit of trouble. Have to stock up on blood bags!

I say keep at it. You sometimes have to be quite creative with your disciplines in this game to overcome some of the harder foes. Using God mode does kind of defeat the purpose of playing.

I'm also playing VTM Redemption now, (both at the same time), and finding that a more difficult game than Bloodlines.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/18/10 11:52 AM

Hi olgeezer smile

I played Masquerade Redemption some time ago and hardly had to resort to God Mode until near the end, so I fared much better laugh

I am not a great RPG-er - I fight like a wimp and can't cope with complicated keyboard controls - but I SO like the genre that I will have a go when one takes my fancy snicker

Cheers.

Mad thumbsup

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/18/10 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Hi olgeezer smile played Masquerade Redemption some time ago and hardly had to resort to God Mode until near the end, so I fared much better :DMad thumbsup

Hey Mad. I find myself quicksaving in Redemption every 5 min haha. I dunno, could be the awkward game controls and the fights being so hectic. I just got to New York, and that boss just before you skip into the present day, took me like a dozen trys to defeat.

All in all though, I'm totally into the game, and putting Bloodlines aside until I finish it. It's a bit to combat orientated, but the story, though seemingly very generic, has me hooked.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned - 03/18/10 09:20 PM

Just Enjoy Yourself, olgeezer bravo bravo bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community