GB HOMEPAGE

Skyrim remastered

Posted By: Annie

Skyrim remastered - 07/25/16 07:31 PM

I hope I'm not repeating what someone else has already posted, but have you heard about Skyrim remastered ? It's supposed to be out in October and will be free to those of us who own the PC version and all the DLC.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/25/16 07:45 PM

I did hear about this - it should be a treat for Skyrim players. wave

Thanks for mentioning this, as I don't recall reading about it here.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/25/16 07:53 PM

Very cool. Thanks puppy

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/25/16 08:00 PM

I yearn for Elder Scrolls 6, but maybe this will tide me over. Although I've already put in 2074 hours playing Skyrim.

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/25/16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Annie
I yearn for Elder Scrolls 6, but maybe this will tide me over. Although I've already put in 2074 hours playing Skyrim.

Wow! praise bravo

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/25/16 09:48 PM

Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing. crazy
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/25/16 10:21 PM

rotfl
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 01:22 AM

Yep, I know what you mean... lol

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Yep, I know what you mean... lol

Double wow! scared laugh

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 03:23 PM

Double wow, yeah! I'm really impressed.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 04:46 PM

I'll be first in line for it and will be watching for more information on what is included other than graphics. I also have a lot of hours but don't know how many. I had to reboot Steam with my new computer. I had over 2000 hours on my previous computer and now have 1377 on this one. (Yes I am a Skyrimaholic.) lol joy

I'm hoping for Voice actors for the Main Characters as was done in Fallout 4 and more quest content.

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 04:57 PM

It sounds like the three of you need to join a Skyrim Support Group. lol

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 05:13 PM

I'll be right behind you, John. But my biggest hope is that the specs won't be beyond my ageing computer.
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 06:24 PM

All it is is a porting of the game to the Fallout 4 engine. There won't be any changes or improvements beyond that.

@Annie If your comp can play Fallout 4 then you should be ok but to be honest, the sort of things the new engine offers, like Godrays, are more hog than they are worth. I turned them off to gain fps in FO4. Fallout 4 also has another strange problem that Skyrim doesn't have in that the fps is lower in a lot of the indoor locations compared to outdoor ones. In Skyrim I get between 30-45 fps outdoors but a solid 60 for all indoor/caves/cavern type locations because obviously indoor locations *should* be loading/rendering less stuff.
Anyway it will be free so you can give it a try - I suspect I'll end up sticking to the old version with a few mods like the Post Process Injector that really make the colour more vibrant and the gfx sharper.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 09:25 PM

Okay, now, seriously, I never finished the original Skyrim after 400 hours. I REALLY need to finish Fallout 4 and get playing some other games.

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 09:39 PM

Thanks, mj2c. I haven't played Fallout 4 yet, so that's still an open question for me. But, as you say, it's free and won't change all that much. I'll just wait and see.

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 09:42 PM

Marian, you are absolutely right! Why, I've played Skyrim for so long (and mind you I'm not trying to one up anyone), that I literally wore out the W on my computer.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 09:47 PM

Marian, you are absolutely right! Why, I've played Skyrim for so long (and mind you I'm not trying to one up anyone), that I literally wore out the W on my computer.

LOL, You either need to get a silicone keyboard cover or find a way to harness that pent up energy lol

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 10:00 PM

Annie rotfl

Re: Skyrim remastered - 07/26/16 10:03 PM

That's a great idea, TrailMystic. I actually bought a W, but I've yet to figure out how to attach it. Besides, a silicon cover would help keep my lunch out of the keyboard.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community