GB HOMEPAGE

Who'd been here the longest?

Posted By: Gordon

Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 08:19 PM

It occurs to me that I've been a member of "Gameboomers" for 17 years, "Jeeeze" Ive been through 2 wives since then. Oh well, at least "Y'all" still love me.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 08:23 PM

Of course we do, Gordon wavegirl

You've got me beat by 4 years...I showed up in 2004.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 08:39 PM

11 years for me.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 08:48 PM

January 2004 for me so it's been 13 and a half years.

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 09:15 PM

17 years in exactly three days! I registered on July 4, 2000. I'm ahead of you by about 10 weeks, Gordon. wave

I can't believe it's been that long!
Posted By: Gordon

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 09:35 PM

I thought we were pretty close.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 09:48 PM

11 years and still going smile
Posted By: Chief

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 10:03 PM

Next December will be 14 years.

Chief wave
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/01/17 11:51 PM

13 Happy years on Nov. 29. I went through 2 hubbies but it was before I signed up for GB. Actually I think GB kept me sane, or sorta sane. haha
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 09:32 AM

This is my 13th year at GB! Hard to believe it's been that long. So much has changed with gaming! First we had several cds for one game, then we went to one DVD and now we download games and store them in the clouds or somewhere out there! Amazing changes in such a short time!
Posted By: LadyLinda

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 11:22 AM

GameBoomers was one of the first gaming sites that I joined when I started "surfing the net".
Posted By: connie

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 12:21 PM

Wow 15 years, July 12, 2002. Time sure does fly.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 12:37 PM

rah 10 years for me.

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyLinda
GameBoomers was one of the first gaming sites that I joined when I started "surfing the net".

I think you must be one of the earliest registered members still posting on GameBoomers, if not *the* earliest!

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 03:03 PM

LadyLinda is #111 of the members!
Posted By: mrbill

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 03:34 PM

I've got LadyLinda beat by a few months. I registered in June and she in November 1999.

Sorry LadyLinda.

Take care all.

Mr. Bill

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 03:42 PM

Fantastic, Mr. Bill! rah
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 07:54 PM

It has been 18 years for me (6/1/1999) and I am member #18, just before Mr Bill. I wonder where the first 17 are now. I know that I miss a lot of them.

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 08:08 PM

It's great to see the really longstanding GameBoomers members posting here. smile

I miss a lot of those posters too, Pokey.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 08:14 PM

I registered a few months after you, Marian, and so very soon I will have enjoyed 17 years here at Gameboomers hamster hamster hamster

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 08:39 PM

I found listing of members by date joined under "Status". Of the first 20, only a very few have posted in the last 5 years. Nice to see all the names and remember many of them.
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/02/17 10:03 PM

wave February 10, 2000. yay
Posted By: colpet

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/04/17 12:27 PM

Gameboomers was the first ever forum I registered with when I first had access to the internet. I joined in January 7, 2001. So over 15 years.
I knew nothing about registering, and when asked about a user name, I thought they meant my email name set up by the computer guy. That's why I ended up using the short form of my business name. I didn't realize I could choose anything. It was a good mistake, as I have continued to use this name on gaming forums (only AG and Mystery Manor, now that JA has disappeared). Gameboomers was also responsible for giving me my pictoral identity across the forums. Pandora made up my avatar for me when I joined.
Posted By: Lex

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/05/17 01:41 PM

I am still a relative newbie from 2004, and the biggest change I notice is the relaxation of the censorship from my earliest days: some people may have felt that it was too strict but I valued the attitude even if it did sometimes make me laugh.

I recall once sending a mock complaint about lawyer jokes (being a lawyer) only to receive a genuinely concerned response from a moderator! smile

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/05/17 02:41 PM

You have no idea how many complaints we'd get because someone was offended. It was constant. I guess compared to the rest of the internet people have stopped complaining because we are still very civilized. Thank goodness the days of having to literally watch every moment is over.

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/05/17 08:35 PM

And thank goodness Gameboomers IS still civilised !!

It's one of the joys of coming here for me yay yay yay

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/05/17 10:34 PM

It won't change, Mad. hearts
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/05/17 10:56 PM

Lex I've always tried to make fun of myself, as much as any other group of people...ie lawyers, or blonds. yes

Lately though I find myself looking inward, and becoming more aware of my past predjudices, and judgmental attitude towards others, and I try to always be aware of the feelings of whoever might be reading my post, and it has caused me to sensor myself. I now exclude a great many jokes that I might have posted without a second thought in the past. yes

I don't always succede but I try, thumbsup

joe
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/05/17 11:07 PM

I'm a person that uses the word hate a lot for whatever reason but find myself trying very hard not to use it here because it just doesn't belong here.
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/06/17 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
I'm a person that uses the word hate a lot for whatever reason but find myself trying very hard not to use it here because it just doesn't belong here.

I.... think...don't want to admit it but....guilty. wave

joe
Posted By: soot

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/06/17 02:16 AM

This is my kind of game site yes
Posted By: Albert

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/06/17 04:40 AM

There I was, posting on the UnOfficial Tex Murphy website, when someone named Witchen posted a reply and said I should check out GameBoomers. The rest is history, and I’ll never leave as long as Ya’ll are around. It looks like some of you have me beat by a few months.

Albert

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/06/17 05:12 AM

Nice to see you, Albert, and we are glad that you are still here. thumbsup

Re: Who'd been here the longest? - 07/06/17 06:14 AM

I was a member of another game site very similar to Gameboomers when this site appeared in 1999. That site disappeared shortly after. Does anyone remember anything about it?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community