GB HOMEPAGE

For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison

Posted By: Marcie

For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/16/17 05:15 PM

I just got word that my dear friend and past moderator of this forum has passed away this morning and thought if there were any old timers left you would want to know.
feel free to move this to the appropriate forum
Posted By: Marian

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/16/17 05:31 PM

Dear Marcie, I remember Dee *very* well; in fact, I was just thinking about her the other day and wondering how she was doing. She was a lovely person, and I am deeply sorry to hear this news.

Thank you so much for letting us know; my thoughts and prayers will be with her and with her family. May she rest in peace. I really appreciate your taking the time to post this. hearts

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/16/17 06:02 PM

Dee and I met on another game site and she brought me over here in 1999, so we've known each other many years. Met once in person. Emailed, phoned, texted almost everyday up until the last few months. It's amazing to some how friendships can develop through the internet, but there you have it, we shared so much of our lives with each other. I'm glad I was able to reach out to at least one person. Thank you for your response
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/16/17 06:38 PM

Marcie, I remember Dee too. She was always very sweet. Although it is sad news, I appreciate you letting us know.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/16/17 06:54 PM

I do not remember either of you but I AM sorry that you have lost a dear friend!

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/16/17 07:23 PM

Thank you for your responses. I hope this cycle is now over as I've lost 3 loved ones in the past three weeks. You have to know that your responses and condolences are healing.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/16/17 07:47 PM

I have been wondering how Dee was doing lately. I am so sorry to hear this. She was a lovely person. Thank you for letting us know.
Posted By: MaG

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/16/17 11:46 PM

Thanks Marcie for the info.
This is sad news for the tractor girls.

I'll see you later, Dee.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 12:23 AM

So very sorry to hear that. Thanks, for letting us know.

Ana
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 01:17 AM

Oh, Marcie, that is horrific. My condolences for all your losses. And hugs! Lots of hugs!

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 01:45 AM

you are all too kind. Thank you for remembering Dee and all your wonderful comments
Posted By: soot

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 01:57 AM

Oh Marcie...I am so saddened by the loss of Dee and your friends.

I will keep you in my prayers in the days ahead angel
Posted By: syd

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 02:25 AM

I guess I qualify as an old timer. Mag emailed me a bit earlier today to let me know about Dee. I am so very sorry to hear about this. We tractor girls have kept in touch with each other over the years - now one of us is gone.

Rest in peace Deedle - I'll miss you.

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 02:26 AM

Syd, it's so good to see you, although I am sorry that it is under such sad circumstances. You have been missed around here. Hope all is well.

I also miss the wit and humor of the founder of BAAGS. hearts

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 04:29 AM

Dee would be absolutely thrilled to know so many remembered and cared so much for her. I'll make sure to let her family know each and every one of your responses. Thank you.
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 04:37 AM

This was her forum. I will miss her butterflies and herself.

I am lacking words, there just aren't enough or I am still having a hard time accepting she is gone. GB Member number 24, tractor girl and long LONG time friend. Not just to me and others here at GB but a lot of developers that she sweet talked and cheered on over the years.

Rest well my sweet flutterby girl.

And soft hugs and shared sorrow to her kids and lovely husband.

Laura

Edit: I remembered an old post in the hall of fame now for Dee/MacDee/Deedle penned by Jack EIC over at Adventure Gamers (since forever), but there was a time when he was an active Editor here at GB - Nice to see all the love again.

Happy Deedle Day
Posted By: Jenny

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 05:13 AM

When I joined GB in December of 1999, Dee was one of my very first friends---and just a couple of months later she asked me to help her moderated Mixed Bag. It was all such fun for so many years, and I made so many good friends, especially the "tractor girls". She was so young (at least from the viewpoint of my eighty-six years she was young <g>) and such a sweet person. At least now she is at rest, with all of her troubles behind her--sleep well, Angel...

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 05:42 AM

Laura and Jenny, bless you. All of these posts from the old-timers bring back such wonderful memories for me. Dee was much loved here at GameBoomers. flowers
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/17/17 10:22 PM

I'd like to add my condolences, and appreciation, of Dee to this thread. I particularly remember how she helped me play through "Riven" once.
Posted By: Mad

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/18/17 07:58 AM

I couldn't get here yesterday so I've only just seen this thread.
And I am very sad indeed to read your news, Marcie. And of course I send my sincere condolences to all family and friends.

Dee and I maintained email contact for a good few years but then, as so often happens, somehow drifted out of touch.

She was such a really nice lady hearts
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: For Those Who Remember Dee Mathison - 09/18/17 10:01 AM

It is so sad to lose Dee. I do remember her at GB. She was always helpful and kind!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community