GB HOMEPAGE

eggs in a frame

Posted By: family

eggs in a frame - 09/01/19 04:06 PM

can eggs in a frame, be done in the kitchen. cool wave blackkitty catrub lab puppy kitty cat
Posted By: Marian

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/01/19 04:13 PM

It sure can. Check out this video here.

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/01/19 04:21 PM

thank you very much.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 02:06 PM

My mom always made us "toad in the holes." She buttered the bread and used a donut cutter to cut a hole out of the middle. Then she put in in the pan and broke an egg in the middle and toasted everything, flipping it once. I make toad in the holes for my grandkids all the time.

I can't imagine where ELSE you would make these except for the kitchen... unless you were cooking over a campfire!
Posted By: dorish

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 02:13 PM

I call them television eggs, 'cause that's what my aunt called them. They taste yummy no matter what they are called. I think toad in the hole is the official name.

Doreen

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 04:03 PM

My mom made these for me at least 60 years ago, so they have been around a very long time!
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 07:02 PM

Just curious, family. Why would you ask if they could be done in the kitchen?

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 07:16 PM

Me too, Sparkle... I wondered where ELSE you would make them?
Posted By: Mad

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 08:05 PM

(quote=Draclvr]My mom always made us "toad in the holes." She buttered the bread and used a donut cutter to cut a hole out of the middle. Then she put in in the pan and broke an egg in the middle and toasted everything, flipping it once. I make toad in the holes for my grandkids all the time.)

Toad in the Hole in the U.K. is comprised of sausages cooked in "Yorkshire Pudding" style batter.
Very tasty and loved by children and adults alike grin

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 08:35 PM

The U.K version is the one I’m familiar with.

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 09:07 PM

Oh, Mad that sounds good. I love Yorksire Pudding and make it just for me every Christmas as hubby doesn't care for it.

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 11:05 PM

betty crocker 's cookboook for boys and girls, i found the recipe , but it is under campfire cooking which i do not do, i want to do those recipes in my kitchen, it also has butter fried potatoes.

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/02/19 11:22 PM

I see. Drac’s recipe should work for you then. You could us a drinking glass to cut the hole if you don’t have a donut cutter. . Just make sure it’s not too big. A round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter would work too.

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/03/19 12:49 AM

Anything that is under campfire cooking can also be made in the kitchen with just a few tweaks! I agree with using a small glass to cut a hole in the slice of bread.

Re: eggs in a frame - 09/03/19 12:56 AM

thank you guys very much.
© 2021 GameBoomers Community