GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet #401231
10/04/08 04:24 PM
10/04/08 04:24 PM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Johnnycowgirl  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
I have just bought this game from the Adventure shop and my Vista computer will not install it. They talk about a game manager but its not apparent like good old Bigfish. I am starting to think I should have bought it from them but I want some games I don't need to be online for. I get messages like the file is corrupt and I downloaded from their email rhe second time. Then I had a message to say the computer could'nt open a file it needed to go on the internet to find a program to open it. I am not ready to play it yet, still playing Drac 3. Good job. Anybody else bought from them. Adventureshop.gamesplanet.com I used the link on Aventure gamers forum.

Inge
Ravenhearst 1 ++ Dracula: Path of the Dragon 1,2,3 + The Shadow of the Dragon 4 + Blood Legacy 5 partial until stuck in the fog
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #401377
10/04/08 10:39 PM
10/04/08 10:39 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
johnnycowgirl, you do not need to be online to play BigFish games only to activate it just like the one you bought.

You will need to contact where you bought the game from.

Ana luck

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #401761
10/05/08 06:07 PM
10/05/08 06:07 PM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
Thanks BrownEyedTigre I am happy to here that. I think I found the wrong site, I thought it was the Adventure company because of the similar name. I am putting that one down to experience. They wanted me to dowload another downloader thing off the internet. I play on my laptop and space isn't limitless, too many extras clog it up. At least I know the Bigfish one works. Can't wait for my Bigfish, got to wait till June for mine:(

Inge
Ravenhearst 1 ++ Dracula: Path of the Dragon 1,2,3 + The Shadow of the Dragon 4 + Blood Legacy 5 partial until stuck in the fog
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #407935
10/18/08 11:22 AM
10/18/08 11:22 AM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
I have got this sorted they sent me files that I didn't need a download manager for. I am stuck, I am Backstage and I am stuck I tried to click on the things required and I get nothing, I thought 'I'll find the net. The net on the floor has the gear symbal but I can't find the piece I have to put on it. I am sure I clicked everywhere in the walkthrough. Where is the fishnet that you put on the one on the floor? I even clicked the top of the barrel that looks like a net pattern on the top. Help! I forgot to mention on the map I wanted to go back to the box but I can only go where the dot has changed colour slightly which in my case was Backstage. I think perhaps the arrangement of the games is worked by the game itself, everybody's might be slightly different. According to the walkthrough I was expecting to go to the box first as I have not done the Pipe puzzle yet. Has anybody else found they have had a slightly different arrangement?
I am using MaGtRo's walkthrough.
Also I cannot get main menu, Puzzles or help button to work in the corner so I have to use ctrl, alt and delete to get out of it. Don't tell me I've got a duff game. the other stages/rooms have gone ok.

Last edited by Johnnycowgirl; 10/18/08 04:48 PM.

Inge
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #407941
10/18/08 11:33 AM
10/18/08 11:33 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
johnnycowgirl, what room are you in? And which walkthrough are you using?

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #408513
10/19/08 09:57 AM
10/19/08 09:57 AM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
I have just started again with a new profile and the next level up and I found the puzzle in the Hall at Aston Hall isn't an arrow but an elephant how do I upload an image for members to see? Or can I email it to a moderator? Is anybody interested?

Inge
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #408518
10/19/08 10:03 AM
10/19/08 10:03 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hi Johnny, yep, we are interested. But we are also all busy at times.

It would be best if you could post it here--you take a screenshot--You can use a number of different programs to do that, but I just use Print Screen.

Then open Paint and select New.

Place your cursor in the blank area and select Paste.

Then you need to go to a photo sharing site such as Photobucket.

You upload the image to the sharing site.

Then you copy the URL for your image and put it in a post. That links directly to the Photobucket site.

If that is too complicated, you can send it to me. Click on my name, pick profile, click on the email address that comes up.

I'll post it for you.

I didn't play that one, but if we can link it here, I'm sure someone will recognize it. wave

Edit: Here's the image.

Johnny, can that picture be reconfigured to make an arrow?

Edit 2: Inge, I looked at the WT at Gamezebo and the picture posted has different numbers than the one you have. However, the letters at the bottom are the same.

Have you tried
Click to reveal..
The letters are I J O P U V, you will need press these letters onto the books in the bookcase.

Last edited by looney4labs; 10/19/08 10:58 AM. Reason: new question

-Roger Caras
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: looney4labs] #411983
10/25/08 04:46 PM
10/25/08 04:46 PM
South Carolina
jody319 Offline
Settled Boomer
jody319  Offline
Settled Boomer

South Carolina
I know this is an older post, but I have the same problem with Persian Carpet. Played the game until backstage, nothing. curious if was downloaded from GamersGate, as they have told me to go to Frogwares...no patch,nothing. So has anyone played the game from anywhere else, and have completed it. I have in the past downloaded full Adv Games from them and gotten money back if the download hasn't worked. But before persuing this, I want to know if this is a download problem from all places or just GamersGate, as I feel they should know it is their particular download and not one from other places. Not be critical exactly, but never again from there for me. 3 games now not running from there, returned my money, but takes forever to download. Thank goodness though it brought me here to casual games and I'm having a ball with BigFish!
Jody

Last edited by jody319; 10/25/08 04:50 PM. Reason: 1000 mis(s)pellings
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: jody319] #411992
10/25/08 04:57 PM
10/25/08 04:57 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
jody, we haven't had any gameplay issues on Sherlock except for if folks were just missing an item or were stuck, but not one because the download was bad. The game was not glitchy.

Ana luck

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: jody319] #412007
10/25/08 05:49 PM
10/25/08 05:49 PM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
Hi Jody319
I have restarted several times, and the last time I played at the next level and still get to that same place and nothing works. Even tried using the hints to click on exactly the spot but it still doesn't work.
I bought from adventureshop@gamesplanet.com and I am wondering if it's just certain downloads or has anybody else had the same problem? I don't know, I just can't get any further. I was enjoying it up to then.

Inge
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #412030
10/25/08 06:45 PM
10/25/08 06:45 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I sure don't remember many complaints about glitches in this game. Did you try searching over in the Glitches forum?

-Roger Caras
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #412095
10/25/08 08:49 PM
10/25/08 08:49 PM
South Carolina
jody319 Offline
Settled Boomer
jody319  Offline
Settled Boomer

South Carolina
Thank you all, guess I'll start over, checked though to see if I'd missed anything so far, haven't BUT I've been known to make mistakes LOL. Here's hoping Johnny and I get it. Thanks BETigre and Looney! Will start over, and do it again.

Jody wave

Last edited by jody319; 10/25/08 08:51 PM. Reason: posted after me wanted to thank
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: jody319] #412106
10/25/08 09:07 PM
10/25/08 09:07 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
luck

-Roger Caras
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: looney4labs] #412470
10/26/08 03:47 PM
10/26/08 03:47 PM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
Hi gang, just played up to th same place again. I just don't get it. I played every level just as the walkthroughs say. Ilick on the net have compared boomers and gamezebo walkthroughs and I still can do nothing in the Backstage. I click on the net and the gears show, I click near the pigeon and the gears show. I don't understand why I can't pick the reqired items. every level before has let me pick up things before or after the puzzles. I can't think that I have missed anything as I'm sure you can't move on if something is missing? I have not been stuck on any of the other levels except perhaps finding all the bits of the sun at the factory, just took a bit longer because they are hard to see.

Inge
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #412512
10/26/08 04:37 PM
10/26/08 04:37 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Inge, the only thing I can think of is there is some very small thing not done--the kind of thing that seems intuitive so it doesn't get included in WT's. This is the only casual game that I know we can send saved games in though.

I don't have one, but it's possible someone else might wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: looney4labs] #412875
10/27/08 09:52 AM
10/27/08 09:52 AM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
That would be great, it does automatic saves after each section doesn't it. I haven't looked for them. I really would like to finnish this game. I love detective and forensic sort of things. Although it was very basic in those days. Thanks loony4labs

Inge
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #412969
10/27/08 12:12 PM
10/27/08 12:12 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Johnny, where exactly are you? We will have to see if anyone still has a saved game near you wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: looney4labs] #413100
10/27/08 03:53 PM
10/27/08 03:53 PM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
If anybody has a saved game I would be very grateful, I do love Sherlock H.

Inge
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #451841
01/17/09 12:11 AM
01/17/09 12:11 AM
East Suussex, UK
J
Johnnycowgirl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
J

East Suussex, UK
Hey! I finaly decided to buy The Mystery of the Persian Carpet from Bigfish ( don't know why I didn't in the first place, teach me) and I know now it had to be a problem with the other download. I have got up to the assembley of the light but I can't find where you click to bring up the next game, the walkthrough says on the bookcase but nothing happens. It should be the painting on the wall the other side of the steps shouldn't it? I will get back to it tomorrow, today actually. Had an awful time with my graphics card keep freezing the computer up. Acer don't like updating the graphics drivers. I have rolled mine back again. I think windows update had something for the graphics card but it didn't improve it. Anyway so far my rollback is ok. Thinking of getting my desktop pc going again, good old XP. Might be worth it for the larger games anyway. Anyway I think I might try and get some sleep now,
Belated Happy New Year! Nearly ready for the Ox

Last edited by Johnnycowgirl; 01/17/09 12:12 AM.

Inge
Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet [Re: Johnnycowgirl] #451941
01/17/09 10:05 AM
01/17/09 10:05 AM
South Carolina
jody319 Offline
Settled Boomer
jody319  Offline
Settled Boomer

South Carolina
By the way, in answer to my "answer" earlier, after joining the club at BF, I decided that I would buy Persian Carpet even though I owned it through another company that would not give me any help on the "stuck" place. I played it completely through on the download from BF. Just FYI.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dianne, fildil, 1 invisible), 113 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users