GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#109521 - 09/23/05 04:33 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Santa Maria CA USA
I am trying to move the control switches in the right position to heat the water field I cant do it fast enough the switches go down. I have tried over and over again and tried every possible postion and nothing works anyone know where to move switches 1 2 and 3 in front of the water field. Do I have to adjust both the 3 red and the 3 blue switches to get the water field to work? The WT that came with the game just says reactivated the heat effect and turned a few switches on the junction control panels. However, they don't say where they put the levers. Thanks for any help given. duh duh

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.

#109522 - 09/23/05 05:29 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Dutch, do you have the book that came with the game? The directions for the switches are at the bottom of page 34 and the top of page 35. I'll put them here in case you don't have the book: SPOILER
right (blue) switches: right, left, left
left (red) switches: left, right, left

#109523 - 09/23/05 05:45 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Jenny. Now I am at the 4th pedistal I erased the hot symbol after the creature did his thing to get heat. So the symbol is gone. I put the 4th pedistal symbol on the tablet and when I drop it it is still hot. How do I cool it evidently erasing it from the slate is not enough. Duh!! I have the book Jenny just did not move on to the next page. duh

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.

#109524 - 09/23/05 05:49 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
ces Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: West Seattle, WA
I really need slate/pedestal help!

So far I have spent more time fussing with these things than playing the game!

I have just put the slate on the third pedestal - the one at the Tahgira Village. The strategy guide says that after I place the slate on the pedestal "noting that the third pedestal's symbol now appeared in one of the Slate's previously empty icons" - well, there are no symbols in any of the icons. They are all empty. Even the Pedestal 2 icon that was in one of them before is gone. They are all empty.

Now what do I do?

#109525 - 09/23/05 05:49 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Dutch, you're ahead of me now--I got the switch directions from the book, I am just getting to that part. So I'm sorry, but I don't know how to get the heat to stop--have you checked farther on in the book... think

#109526 - 09/23/05 06:29 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

I went further on in the book Jenny but it does not say anything about my problem.

#109528 - 09/23/05 06:37 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Christine, I don't think you are supposed to put the slate on the pedestal! I think you mark the symbol on it, and then drop it on the ground and step back--the bahro will pick it up and put it on the pedestal. At that point, the symbol should appear on the pedestal and you can link to that pedestal from any other one.

Dutch, you're past my knowledge--I'll see if I can track down Dadguy. He seems to be ahead of us...

#109530 - 09/23/05 08:08 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Hi Dutch,

After the heat wears off (90 seconds) the tablet is as cool as it's going to get. Are you saying that the Bahro won't pick it up? Try just backing up further and further until he feels comfortable enough to get it.

Dadguy

#109531 - 09/23/05 08:11 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
CES,

OK, when you make the symbol of the 3rd pedestal on the tablet, and the Bahro picks it up and places it on the 3rd pedestal, don't expect a new symbol on the third pedestal. It creates the new symbol on the 1st pedestal only (accessed by clicking the left pentagon shaped symbol). Then, from the 1st pedestal you can always hit the NEW 3rd pedestal symbol which has appeared.

Hope that makes sense...

Dadguy

#109532 - 09/23/05 08:14 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

I haven't been waiting long enough for it to cool thanks DG.

#109533 - 09/23/05 08:32 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
ces Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: West Seattle, WA
Thanks Jenny, I got it figured out. I had done exactly what you said. It was when I went back to pick up the slate that the icons on the slate were empty.

So what did I do? I quit the game. Later, when I logged back into the game, VOILA!, the symbols were there on the slate.

Games & Computers work in mysterious ways.

#109534 - 09/24/05 05:38 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
margaret Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Assen,The Netherlands
I have finished this chapter but what to do now? where I have to go for another chapter and where is the new linking book Esher tells about.

#109535 - 09/24/05 06:10 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
wheelchairwarrior Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Lancashire United Kingdom
i have no hints or tips of any sort. page 34/35 are pictures in the gallery. There is no w/t of any sort in the book. Do you have to buy a guide. thanks wheeli

#109536 - 09/24/05 06:20 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
VHLMagic Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
Hi all,

What kind of book is it that came with your game? My book only has 11 pages in it.

Am I missing a book or is it a strategy guide that you order separately.

#109537 - 09/24/05 06:45 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
margaret Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Assen,The Netherlands
there is a version that comes with a strategyguide, but I have bought a cheaper version without strategyguide. in my country we have one version only. and that is without guide.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
16 registered (looney4labs, CaptainD, Marian, hagatha, connie, BrownEyedTigre, auntiegram, Mikael, kjos, Draclvr), 87 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users