GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#109564 - 09/21/05 02:00 PM Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Post questions, comments, and advice here for the Age of Todelmer in Myst V: End of Ages.

Note: -- you may also create your own thread at any time if you have questions or need help for Myst V.

#109565 - 09/23/05 10:43 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Todelmer. Isn't this a fabulous place! There are so many subtle details that I just love. Myst V is definitely an exploration.

Dadguy

#109566 - 09/23/05 11:13 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: virginia
YES!!! I am bumbling around-as usual-but in awe. Fun to have to revive my D'ni numbers notes!

Quick question (which the game will probably answer for me at some point): Is it necessary for me to deciper the door symbols ? I am just beginning here...have power and now watching numbers on what seems to be a version of an hour glass...playing with the machines...

Kate

#109567 - 09/23/05 11:46 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

KateVa, which door symbols? I may have missed them, which probably answers your question.

You are in Todelmer, right?

Dadguy

#109568 - 09/23/05 12:04 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

LOL! Yes, Todelmer. There are three symbols over the door to the "Red Room". I wondered if that was a clue I should have been able to decipher, but couldn't get a good view. Guess I won't worry about it now!

Kate

#109569 - 09/23/05 01:43 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

I'll go back and look, but I missed them and never did anything with them. And I thought I was looking at everything!

I must have spent 5 hours just looking in awe at Tedelmer.

Dadguy

#109570 - 09/23/05 01:55 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
DABhand Offline
Settled Boomer

Arghhh I cant find those Symbols and I need em razz

They are used for one of the Telescopes controls

Look at the first symbol to get an idea.. But before you move anything do look everywhere first as you will see if you jump ahead it will get annoying razz

EDIT: Found them shame I cant zoom in on them, kinda made it out.. For clarification -- Can someone tell me if symbol 2 is a Cross shape and symbol 3 is a vertical |?

Shame they had to do this a new way instead of the old fashioned Myst Style video frown

#109571 - 09/23/05 02:16 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

ergh...If I could see what the first one was I would, Dab! It looks like it could be one of the shapes..but impossible to tell which one.

As for the numbers...Will go back and check again...but if Dadguy didnt use them...

Kate (scratching head again)

#109572 - 09/23/05 02:31 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
DABhand Offline
Settled Boomer

The first shape will be a circle with a quarter missing..

This game you need a graphic card which can use AntiAliasing so it sharpens the lines..

EDIT: For KateVa

SPOILER**** Dont look at this if you want to find it yourself... If you have trouble in the game to see it clearly then look at the link below

http://www.vwaskar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fun/hint1.jpg (115KB)

#109573 - 09/23/05 03:00 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hey! I went back in to look at those symbols. You absolutely need them! KateVa, when you mentioned them I pictured something written right over the door. Those white symbols (high over the door) are a critical part of the gameplay. There is a way to read them!

Sorry for the confusion.

Dadguy

#109574 - 09/23/05 03:10 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

WEll, I should have just waited here! I took a bunch of screen shots, then played with them in Paint Shop Pro...so, I agree it is a six and a one.

At least I have progressed to the top of the stairs and seen another one! TY both!

Kate

#109575 - 09/23/05 05:26 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
DABhand Offline
Settled Boomer

There must be a 3rd set somewhere.

hmmmmm

This one is a toughie so far.

#109576 - 09/23/05 06:51 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

I am stuck on the Bridge of Sighs...that is, the metal balcony with the levers at the bottom of the stairs. I can't see that anything is happening when I pull the switch down, although I get a lot of noise. I have looked thru the telescope on the roof a gazillion times...

What am I missing? Would love a nudge here!
(Who needs a Prima Guide when you have Boomers??)

Kate

#109577 - 09/23/05 07:02 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
DABhand Offline
Settled Boomer

Yeah Same, so I went elsewhere and doing other ages first razz

I noticed what looked like a lift sorta thing in the distance, perhaps when done correctly the lift comes over? smile

But how!! lol

#109579 - 09/23/05 08:00 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

OK, a couple nudges...

That metal platform is a dock for something. You'll have to travel elsewhere to be able to come to it...

There is a practical reason for pulling that switch to make some gear wheels move. What could it be? Check the telescope upstairs to see if your view becomes clearer of some things.

Dadguy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Darlene, Marian, luv2travel, Rushes, kjos, RebKean, looney4labs, curly, gremlin), 109 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat, AppyLover
8504 Registered Users