GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1159730 - 08/11/18 01:11 AM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: oldbroad]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Yes. Hoping to get to play the next small chunk some time TODAY happydance

#1159747 - 08/11/18 08:22 AM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Sounds good. yes

#1159944 - 08/12/18 10:20 PM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Well, didn't make it to a computer - to carry on - yet rolleyes

Hopefully I will now !!

EDIT :
Well I did and made some very good progress !! happydance Loving this game so far grin

Edited by Mad (08/13/18 01:35 AM)
Edit Reason: Fab !!

#1160210 - 08/15/18 04:29 AM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Giving credit where it is due !! praise

Hero U: Rogue to Redemption is definitely "true to the concept" of the Quest for Glory games.
[And addiction has now taken a severe hold lol]

#1160243 - 08/15/18 08:55 AM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

That is fantastic news, Mad! I am *really* looking forward to playing this game now. joy2

#1160689 - 08/20/18 02:26 AM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Despite having made good inroads, I decided today to re-start this great game - because now I know MUCH more about "managing" my character, I feel I could progress better.

So, after my visit here today I'll be re-making myself !!!! lol

EDIT : Did re-make myself and have made thunderous progress since yay

Edited by Mad (08/20/18 09:44 AM)
Edit Reason: Bit of new info ....

#1161298 - 08/26/18 11:47 AM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

I am finding this a very merit worthy offering and am hoping perhaps the team responsible will go on to give us more in the future yes

Is anyone else here playing it ??

#1161302 - 08/26/18 12:22 PM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Corey and Lori Cole would like to make several sequels to this game. Doing that will all depend on how well this game does financially. I read that in the next game they would like to have a female mage as the main character.

I have the game and was able to play for about four hours and then haven't gotten back to it, as I've been too busy. What I did play, I enjoyed. At this point, though, I will probably start over from the beginning when I have the time to play it, now that I have more of a feel for it. smile

#1161306 - 08/26/18 02:32 PM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Oh, that's good news, that more games could be on the horizon thumbsup
[I will keep my fingers crossed then that Hero U does well for them.]

I've already re-started the game !!
But I quite often re-start RPG's after getting to know better how to "do" things from a preliminary play....

Well I hope you can manage to get back to it at some time, Marian grin

#1161972 - 09/02/18 04:34 PM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

I'm really surprised that there haven't been more posts here at Gameboomers with regards to "Hero U".
For me, it's a wonderful "modernised graphically" but definitely authentic Quest for Glory game and much credit is certainly due to the developers praise

I think I must be getting fairly close to the end by now (I play veeery slowly lol) and I know I'll be sorely tempted to immediately play it again !!
But I must resist and get back to Blade Runner because IT has been ignored .... despite being one of my great favourites shocked]

EDIT :
Or maybe I'm not as close to the end as I thought .... I've just unlocked yet another new area !! joy

#1161984 - 09/02/18 05:37 PM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I think it's probably not getting much attention here because we are not categorizing it as an adventure game (which is a shame, because that's really what it is. Unfortunately if a game has any combat in it, even optional combat, it gets relegated to the Darkside).

I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying it so much. That also bodes very well for when I play it. I did like the part that I played and am so glad that the enjoyment continues.

I think the developers tried very hard to conform to the spirit of Quest for Glory as much as possible. yes

#1161985 - 09/02/18 06:13 PM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

I don't really know how the game could be played without any combat, Marian.
It IS very simple combat but of course, even so, it won't be to everyone's taste.
I just can't see how certain quests could be completed without it so I'd be interested to be told yes

#1161989 - 09/02/18 06:21 PM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

The no-combat is something I read about when the game was in beta testing; someone said that most enemies you can sneak past. I also thought I remembered reading that one of the beta testers got through the entire game without combat. I don't remember where I read that now, though, so would have to look for it. If I find it again, I will let you know.

Maybe this is where I got the idea; this is from their Kickstarter page:

Quote:
In fact, there’s a Steam Achievement waiting for everyone who completes the game without killing any monsters. That will be one of the most challenging of the game’s achievements.

Anyway, if I can find info that states you can positively get through the game with zero combat, I will let you know. smile

There's a thread here where the developer talks about the possibility of no combat, among other things.

And I guess this would be the "last word" on the subject for now - I found this in the game description on the Steam page:

Quote:
Most combat is optional for those who prefer a pure adventure game, but there are ample rewards for those who choose to valorously fight the creatures that threaten the school and all of Sardonia.

#1162070 - 09/03/18 11:51 AM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks for all that, Marian thumbsup

From how I played the Quest for Glory games and this one too, though, I would never personally have managed to get through any of them without combat !!

[I am even worse at sneaking than I am at fighting lol]

#1162078 - 09/03/18 12:11 PM Re: Hero U: Rogue to Redemption Now on GOG (from the designers of Quest for Glory) [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I'm a lousy sneaker too, Mad. I tend to choose a sword over sneaking! laugh

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  looney4labs, Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Jeanne, soot, Winfrey, CanukDenis, Redz, TLC, family), 218 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Debcon, lucebend, Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse
9042 Registered Users