GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#120292 - 01/30/03 02:06 PM Re: Has anyone PLAYED Reah or Liath?
Maciek Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Rzeszow, Poland
Quote:
Right, Project 2, not Take 2. Big difference.
Give credit where credit is due. Those guys in Russia did a good job with Liath and deserved not to be mistaken with Take 2.

#120293 - 01/30/03 03:23 PM Re: Has anyone PLAYED Reah or Liath?
Scout Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Maciek,

Sorry if the post came off as snide. I meant it sincerely. There IS a big difference between Project 2 and Take 2.

BTW, it says German and English speech on my Liath jewelcase but I've never been able to get anything but German dialouge with English subtitles. Are there two different versions?

#120294 - 01/31/03 02:02 AM Re: Has anyone PLAYED Reah or Liath?
frazap Offline
Settled Boomer

Just got an answer from the german distributor for that Liath/Tunguska compilation I mentioned above, and the Liath included HAS an option for english speech and subtitles (don't know about the manual though). So if you're European or have a European friend, stop bidding 100 dollars for it at E-bay and buy it new for 15 bucks instead (unless of course you want the original release).

I've already got the original "english" release but haven't played it yet.

#120295 - 01/31/03 07:10 AM Re: Has anyone PLAYED Reah or Liath?
Scout Offline
Addicted Boomer

frazap,
That's exactly what the German seller told me. He read it off the jewelcase. It says German and English speech. On install, sure enough, there is the choice of English, German plus French, Italian and Dutch. But though I click the English box, I always get English subitles and German speech. There are 2 language dat files on the cd-rom, language.dat and lang.dat. I suspect they are the German and English speech files but I haven't ever found a way to get the english option to work instead of the German.

#120296 - 01/31/03 09:13 AM Re: Has anyone PLAYED Reah or Liath?
frazap Offline
Settled Boomer

Guess that coulkd be the case with the one at Amazon Germany too then. Hopefully I'll get english speech in my original copy though. Good thing about the subtitles at least.

#120297 - 01/31/03 03:04 PM Re: Has anyone PLAYED Reah or Liath?
SirDave Offline
Settled Boomer

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that when you select English from the German version, that gives the English subtitles, not speech. I say this because there is a separate English language version which wouldn't make as much sense if the German version could be switched to English speech (ie. why even have an 'English' version then).

#120298 - 01/31/03 06:36 PM Re: Has anyone PLAYED Reah or Liath?
Scout Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well that makes all kinds of sense. I guess when they wrote English and German speech on the back of the box they really meant TWO different versions. So I must have got the German version then.

This is the quote on the box and jewel case:

Speech: English and German * Subtitles: English, German, Dutch, French and Italian.

To further confuse the issue, the printing on the cd-roms is all in English.

So maybe there were two different pressings using the same cd-roms? Or maybe there is a tweak that will activate the English language file. Dunno. It's not that much of a hardship really.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
16 registered (k28d13j11, Jenny100, CanukDenis, Gimme, Laurette, judith, kjos, GuybrushThreepwood, auntiegram, Draclvr), 95 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users