GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#122771 - 05/16/03 03:16 PM Re: More action creepin' in ????
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FlowerPower:
Jen have you or Scout ever considered using an alternative mouse such as the Cirque Smartcat?
One can lean back in the chair, and use it with one finger.
http://www.cirque.com/products/smart.html

The new one has great setup control features. Try it, you might like it.
I don't know. It looks an awful lot like those touchpads that some laptops have and I don't care for those at all. And $60 is a bit much for something I might not like.

#122772 - 05/16/03 03:36 PM Re: More action creepin' in ????
Anonymous
Unregistered

wave Jen
It is too bad that you can't try it at a store. This is not like the ones found on the laptops. This one is completely customizable to your needs. All four of the buttons as well as the touchpad. It can be set so that the touch pad is only used to move the cursor,or for any combination of other options. It has a complete setup system so that it sets itself automatically to your abilities. It is expensive compared to some of the cheaper mouse systems, however the cost is a lot cheaper than physician's fees for stress injuries and might prevent nerve damage if one is susceptible.
laugh Just a thought.

#122773 - 05/16/03 06:31 PM Re: More action creepin' in ????
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kentucky, USA
When did they take the action out of adventures? Most of the early 3d games I got have one or two action scenes.

#122774 - 05/16/03 06:52 PM Re: More action creepin' in ????
MrNO Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: LONDON - UK
For me , what I cherish most about my time spent in front of a screen ( playing computer games ) is when all factors collide together to create the best setting for the story to shine.

The story is the KEY here for me &#8211; it makes the time spent worth while - so the story is the most important factor ( properly presented and directed of course ) ,something that you can take with you , a through and idea a feeling, like SYBERIA or GRIM FANDANGO &#8211; it's the characters the journey you remember &#8211; SO, the better it is , the more thought out it is and the more grown up about its self ( why not aim high ? ) the more memorable it will become ( as I believe, ALL of us react to a well told / interesting story in the same way &#8211; we get captivated and remember it, that is its worth ! )

So , if the designers can manage to weave the story with relevant action elements fluidly, than all the power to them (If it works ?! ) &#8211; puzzles , action or graphics are only good if the story is . ( they are all needed but they need to be truly integrated within the tale, for them to flow seamlessly and react properly ) &#8211;

- IM going to confess something here &#8211; I play adventure games for the stories they tell FIRST MOST ! ( and when a challenge melds seamlessly with the story , then you have a bonus , something like DEUS EX or ANACRONOX or SYBERIA or TLJ or GABRIEL KNIGHT etc. ) -

But in the end the story rules &#8211; it's the lifeblood of every worthwhile game ( games that become more than just a passing transitory distraction . . . )

IM so pleased to see some members of revolution software on the boards here , SO whatever you creative kids do ( up in YORK at REVOLUTION ) &#8211; take care of the story and the way it unfolds / develops, ensuring that it DOES something to you &#8211; be that an adventure to remember of a feeling that you take at the end of the game or a concept / idea that strikes a cord ( and I'll be happy as long as the action is accessibly integrated, and I hope that goes as well for all those people who like stories , or like them and don't know it, when it comes to console players )
smile

#122775 - 05/17/03 09:39 AM Re: More action creepin' in ????
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Yorkshire
Story and characters are my own personal love. If I could work out how to do a game without any of the action, puzzles, etc. and just concentrate on the story and characters, I'd be happy. smile

Steve Ince, Writer-Designer
Steve on Twitter

#122776 - 06/01/03 03:38 AM Re: More action creepin' in ????
Bryansmom Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Indiana
Is it very difficult to make a game with action puzzles or arcade sequences and either make it possible to skip them if desired or make them easy for adventurers and tougher for those who like action? I know games have been produced in the past (like Curse of Monkey Island) that allow the player to choose whether or not they want to play arcade-type sequences on their own or allow the computer or some device in the game control over the sequence. If this sort of flexibility in programming makes the game too expensive to manufacture, perhaps it could at least be possible to push the escape key and skip a sequence if that is preferred. I know that I wouldn't mind action sequences in a truly story-driven game if I knew that I could skip them if they were too irritating or difficult. Just my two cents.
Happy gaming,
Beth

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (JudyinCT, looney4labs, Marian, Cathy1, robert gray, Olga, RebKean, Flo NS, 2 invisible), 96 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users