GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Steam's Next Fest #1292224
02/07/23 08:32 AM
02/07/23 08:32 AM
Orlando, Fl.
Orion Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Orion  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Orlando, Fl.
"A celebration of UPCOMING games running to the 13th. Seven days, hundreds of Demos, oodles of Livestreams"

If you like playing Demos this is Demo Heaven . I have it set up for Adventure games but you know just about every game developed today has the "Adventure" tag attached to it. Again you can add tags to your liking by scrolling down to 'Narrow By" and make your choices. Keep in mind scrolling to the top of the page will remove tag choices

What I like about Next Fest is I get a chance to play some of these games and if liked I add that game to my wishlist. For the most part you do not know when the game will release and in my case I will forget all about it. I also like the live broadcasts. You get a good look at a game in a different way

All in all Next Fest is a time to get a GOOD LOOK at SO MANY GAMES coming our way

You will find more "Adventure" Demos HERE both released and not released games. Choosing "Point & Click" in the "Narrow By" will give you 447 games to check out.....for the time being

Last edited by Orion; 02/07/23 12:12 PM.

It's never too late!
Re: Steam's Next Fest [Re: Orion] #1292242
02/07/23 01:30 PM
02/07/23 01:30 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Orion! I did take a peek at this yesterday.

"but you know just about every game developed today has the "Adventure" tag attached to it" Aint' that the truth!!

Have fun with your live broadcasts and demos. I don't really get into either of those; I just like to look at the trailers and screen shots.

Re: Steam's Next Fest [Re: Orion] #1292455
02/10/23 10:48 PM
02/10/23 10:48 PM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Thanks Orion!

"but you know just about every game developed today has the "Adventure" tag attached to it" Ain't that the truth!!

I second that. It makes searching for "Adventure game" on Steam practically useless.

Re: Steam's Next Fest [Re: Orion] #1292468
02/11/23 08:06 AM
02/11/23 08:06 AM
ergggo Offline
Settled Boomer
ergggo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Couldn't agree more with everyone above, about misuse of the "Adventure" tag. I wish all game sellers had the feature (I only recently discovered) that GOG has, to eliminate various categories from my searches of the genre Adventure. Now I can eliminate categories of Action, RPG, etc. etc. I built up a long list of exclusions and then saved the GOG URL shown in the browser, so now I can go straight to GOG with all of those filters enabled with just one click. I never search for games on Steam because they don't offer this level of enhanced search.

I point, therefore I click.
Re: Steam's Next Fest [Re: ergggo] #1292472
02/11/23 08:48 AM
02/11/23 08:48 AM
Orlando, Fl.
Orion Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Orion  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Orlando, Fl.
Originally Posted by Mikael
Thanks Orion!

"but you know just about every game developed today has the "Adventure" tag attached to it" Ain't that the truth!!

I second that. It makes searching for "Adventure game" on Steam practically useless.

Hi Mikael,

I want to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the adventure game genre. You have brought SO MUCH enjoyment and entertainment to SO MANY throughout the years, appreciated by all who love the Carol Reed Mysteries. That "Giveaway" was so kind and exciting. Thank you! You and GB made 5 here VERY happy

As far as searching for our style of "Adventure" games and how so many games are tagged "Adventure" anymore making it harder to find them......."practically useless" was good terminology. Yes.....there can be some scrolling and tag adding/swapping involved but they are there. Are you gonna find them all....not gonna happen. I can tell you besides games aware of I have found many games that I have never seen or heard of, good adventure games. Searching Steam, whether checking sales or just looking for an Adventure game, can be of benefit. One just has to dig in a little. There was a time when we owned the "Adventure Genre" then Steam, awhile back as THEY evolved, allowed any game developed to be tagged "Adventure". I remember it clearly. I sent Steam a "complaint inquiry" basically asking them, "What are you doing, these games are not Adventure games these are ACTION games". I cannot remember their response but I am sure they put me in my place. All these games with the 'Adventure Tag" applied is something we've come to live with but it does make searching for the style we love rather difficult

Last edited by Orion; 02/13/23 06:39 AM.

It's never too late!
Re: Steam's Next Fest [Re: Orion] #1292496
02/11/23 01:50 PM
02/11/23 01:50 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I was getting ready to ask ergggo how to exclude other categories from the "adventures" on GOG but have now figured it out. You have to click every category and then on the right side you can exclude it from the list. Pretty long, round about way of searching for adventures! I think it cut off about 40 pages of games. duh

Re: Steam's Next Fest [Re: Orion] #1292607
02/12/23 09:21 PM
02/12/23 09:21 PM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Thank you for the kind words, Orion!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 600 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users