[Linked Image]

Carol is back for the 19th time, once again doing Caroly things in and around her home-town in Sweden. This time it involves Erik, who has become anxious about the seemingly trivial information he has been supplying to an anonymous client from the government agency he works for. He turns to Carol to help extricate him from the arrangement before it embroils him in something perhaps illegal and uncover the client's true motivations. Needless to say, that is just the start of things.

I am about 40 minutes in, and Dead Drop is familiar territory. It looks and feels and plays the same as the ones that came before, and Carol fans will be right at home. Indeed, this is probably the most redundant first look I have written, as those same fans don't need anything further to get on board.

If you aren't a fan, then while it is early days there isn't anything to date that would likely change your mind.

Except maybe for the bike, which seems to be a new thing (assuming I just didn't appreciate its role before). I have previously been known to have difficulty finding where it is I need to get back to in order to exit to the map. Here, Carol kindly leaves her bike at the start point, and you can see it sometimes from several screens away giving you something to head towards. As I said, if that has always been the case then Mea culpa, but it's a nice touch regardless.

Stina is back too, doing those helpful things Stina does, and I have visited her three or four times already.

The plot is thickening, so I best get back to it.

Once again, weeds are my life!