GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Longest Journey: Missing inv Item #1312349
01/01/24 10:44 AM
01/01/24 10:44 AM
ergggo Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ergggo  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

I've been replaying The Longest Journey and have gotten to the following section and have discovered I am missing an inventory item. I now know from the walkthrough that I should have picked it up a long while back in the police department, but now I don't think I can get back to that area. I really hope I don't have to replay a huge section of the game, since I had to do that once already (when I found out I was missing a toy eyeball).

Spoilers ahead:
I am about to take the anti-grav unit from the crashed vehicle, but I need a screwdriver. I was supposed to have picked it up before leaving the police station a long while back. I can still get into the police station garage area, but I don't know how to get into the police department front desk area. Seems odd that I can get into the garage area but there is nothing I can do there.

I usually only look at a walkthrough if I get stuck, but for this game I may have to start reviewing the walkthrough before leaving each area, otherwise I could be missing other required inventory items later in the game.

Is there a way to re-enter the police station and get the screwdriver, or must I replay a big chunk of the game (again)?

Thanks!

I point, therefore I click.
Re: Longest Journey: Missing inv Item [Re: ergggo] #1312351
01/01/24 10:54 AM
01/01/24 10:54 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Are you playing the game on Windows 10?

Because if you are, I found this on YouTube that would be relevant. Make sure you read the whole description under Do You Have These Items?

I will wait and see what you have to say. smile12

Re: Longest Journey: Missing inv Item [Re: Marian] #1312353
01/01/24 11:06 AM
01/01/24 11:06 AM
ergggo Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ergggo  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Thanks, Marian. I have everything except that screwdriver. Sounds like I can't get back into the police station and I'll need to replay quite a lot of the game to get it. Nonlinear games are great, but it would have been helpful to get a hint that if you leave an area without an item, you won't be able to finish the game and will need to replay large chunks of the game.

Re: Longest Journey: Missing inv Item [Re: ergggo] #1312354
01/01/24 11:25 AM
01/01/24 11:25 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I agree. Did you watch the video? I have not, but maybe it shows a way to get around the crash? I am thinking there is a workaround.

I remember this issue existing on Windows 7, too.

Re: Longest Journey: Missing inv Item [Re: Marian] #1312358
01/01/24 11:37 AM
01/01/24 11:37 AM
ergggo Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ergggo  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Yes, I did watch the video. She related that she had to replay the game because of the missing toy eyeball (as I did), and she pointed out that if you don't pick up everything you need (including the screwdriver) from the police station, you are destined to replay the game later to get the missing items.
I think the police station crash may have been fixed...I did not have any problem with the game crashing. I'm using Win11 and playing the latest GOG version.

Oh well, not such a big deal to replay a bit more. I love this game and next intend to replay Dreamfall and then Dreamfall Chapters. Thanks for your help, Marian.

Re: Longest Journey: Missing inv Item [Re: ergggo] #1312364
01/01/24 01:00 PM
01/01/24 01:00 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Okay, that is all very good to know. I did not want you to have to replay a portion of the game if there was any way around it.

You are most welcome, and HNY to you.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (robedits, Urban Worrier, GamingPhreak, revco, curly, 1 invisible), 600 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users