[Linked Image]

This is a charming little 3rd person exploration game where you wander about making friends, finding things and helping others.

A train ride deposits Tyke at the Pine Hearts Caravan Park where a mountain hike seemingly awaits. But before Ranger Maddie unlocks the gate to the trail there are things to be done, so off you go.

It's bright and breezy, visually engaging (describing it won't do it justice so just check out the pics) and chock full of things to find. I have played for about 30 minutes and am currently looking for the ingredients to make a burger and four tent pegs, and am collecting large raindrops as I go. Near as I can tell I have found about half of the 200 to be found in this corner of the world. What if anything happens if I find them all remains to be seen.

I have rummaged in backpacks and other obvious containers, chatted with everyone I have come across, and learnt how to push things over to open up new paths. There are obviously other things to learn, the little question mark that pops up when I try and interact with some objects a possible 'heads-up.'

There is no spoken word, all speech being scribbled in speech bubbles, but a soundtrack and various sound effects accompany your perambulations.

The game starts by telling you to use a game controller, but the keyboard works fine. WASD your way around, and utilise other keys to interact with the world. A journal contains various maps (not terribly useful thus far) and is where your rediscovered memories of your earlier times in the Park can be accessed. The 'I' key opens your inventory where you can check what you have found thus far.

You can tweak some gameplay settings at the start, and I will fiddle with those in due course. The version I am playing doesn't have saves (certainly not that I could work out or find out about) so I will probably stop where I am for now.

I will, however, certainly be back.

Once again, weeds are my life!