GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#133521 - 03/10/03 10:33 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Singer Offline
Addicted Boomer

Popcorneater, you can DEFINITELY learn to play RPG's!! I don't mean to suggest that 5 minutes in you'll be cruising, but they're not rocket science. wink Many of the RPGers here started out as adventure gamers, so you can, too.

Many games do a good job of easing you in, and RPG's usually have excellent manuals that explain things in detail. But don't forget about the most valuable resource - US!!! We'll all be more than happy to help you through the rough parts of your first RPG. laugh

Jack

#133522 - 03/10/03 11:05 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
Okay, I caved and ordered it just a little bit ago, so, I'll be back with a TON of questions and problems, but I must admit I'm kinda excited too!!
Thank you all so much, you built up my confidence to want to try :-)

Ingie

#133529 - 03/11/03 04:14 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
ThunderChild Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: My own little world
Just more funnies I came accross in the game.....

In verdistis I've noticed a few citizens who just wander around for a bit and then magically produce a chair out of thin air, sit down, have a drink, redisappear (my own word) the chair and then carry on about their business lol

And in the sewers underneath I was busy cleaning out a pesky monster infestation and there are all these members of the thieves guild wandering around, and there's piles of gold just lying on the ground and they didn't even notice....I mean, just what are they teaching them in thieves school these days

#133530 - 03/11/03 06:04 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
kwbridge Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Philly
Or when the character pulls a lever and says - "i wonder what that just did..." You would think after 5-10 of them the character would know the lever unlocked a door :-)

Kim

#133531 - 03/11/03 06:08 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
kwbridge Offline
Settled Boomer

I just remembered that I also had a question. After you are "blessed" by the council of 7 and end up in the desert is that near the end of the game? Can you still go back and finish other quests? I saved right before this and darn it I must find Shrimpo by the graveyard before I complete this game :-)

Kim

#133532 - 03/11/03 09:26 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Gillette, Wyoming
And another thing...

Whoever thought of the little blue flag markers was BRILLIANT bravo . What a help in the maze of catacombs and sewers!

wave

Marion

#133533 - 03/11/03 12:11 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Kim, make sure you do all the quests you want to do before you bang that gong in the council chambers, because NO, you can't go back! And there is still quite a bit of ground to cover once you're in the Wastelands, but yeah, that's the last part of the game. That Shrimpo quest is one of the funniest! I laughed myself silly over it.
And TC, but just fight one of the thieves, and they quickly decide you shouldn't share their money!!! And there are so many little touches in the game like that with the chairs - And I didn't notice that! - but there are little things that come up with the characters to give everyone a personality of sorts.

#133535 - 03/11/03 02:11 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Going to whine and snivel a little. Where oh where do I go to get my teleporter pyramids back? I can't get back into Stormfist Castle by the front door. Is there some other entrance I'm missing?

Marion

#133537 - 03/11/03 04:54 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Marion, you don't get your teleporters back from the castle - you'll find them near the council of seven when you do that part, where the bad imp went that took them. So, once you get into that part, you can get your teleporters before you bang the gong, if you want to have them to finish other quests first.
And Kim, let me know if you need a hint about the Shrimpo quest.

#133538 - 03/11/03 05:31 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: CA
I finished with the orc jail and ended up near a wishing well. Does it matter what I wish for?

#133540 - 03/11/03 10:30 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Norma, the best thing would probably be to go a level up, unless you are ready to complete the game (banging the gong). You don't need to give the highest amount of money either, but I've forgotten the choices.

Marion, if you still have quests you want to do and/or you didn't get your teleporters back before you did that, you might want to reload, since you can't go back. You'll note that the ceremony raised you in level - what did it raise you to?

#133541 - 03/11/03 10:41 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Nickie

I have gone on and am in the process of leveling up in the ENDLESS sewers. Man, I love the sound the lizards make when they die. It's a Monty Python Holy Grail sort of "arrrrggghhhh!! lol

Marion

#133542 - 03/11/03 11:55 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Marion, did you have to reload, or didn't you have all the members assembled?

#133543 - 03/12/03 06:18 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
kwbridge Offline
Settled Boomer

When my character encounters a locked door sometimes she says - "This door is locked tighter than a dwarves ... " and I can't understand what the next word is ... antlers, pampers ...? Does anyone know?

And Nickie, yeah, a Shrimpo hint would be great.

Kim

#133545 - 03/12/03 07:35 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
ThunderChild Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: My own little world
Kim, it's ale purse - as dwarves are really stingy when it comes to buying beer laugh

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Jfi, maryjo, Marian, Barb, Terri824, Haroula, CountZero), 81 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users