GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#133997 - 04/01/03 06:34 AM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
PeggyG Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tulsa, OK
Yes, the game really is fun! But we need more saves than what the automatic save is doing. I don't want to beat a dead horse about this no-save feature, as everyone agrees it's a bad thing, but it's truly a detriment to what would otherwise be a very fun game. I don't mind trying over and over to master a certain thing but having to redo an entire sublevel is more sometimes than my little heart can take.

In any event, game seems a little easier now. I'm in the library of the castle and moving along...

#133998 - 04/01/03 02:26 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
Indy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
Dear Gang:

Good afternoon from Canada! I hope this finds you and yours well.

Barb, you can get Indy to wall hug by walking into the wall that you need to hug and press the "E" key. This'll latch 'im onto the wall. Use your "A" key to sneak around the ledge. When you get to your next wide area, use your "E" key again to disengage him from the wall.

#133999 - 04/01/03 04:16 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
LSHAW3457 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Antonio, TX, USA
MESSAGE FROM LUCAS ARTS....

I wrote an e-mail to LucasArts complaining specifically about NOT being able to save games whenever a player makes progress in the more difficult sections of the game, AS WELL AS complaining that if a player resets the W key to the UP arrow, Indy will NOT swing back and forth on vines, ropes, whips, or chains.

I got a response from them and they said that I am correct (like we didn't know that already). Anyway, he said that they ARE WORKING ON A PATCH FOR THIS....

Hang tight.... I'm off to Prague again, and working my way through the Alchemy..
ADVENTURE GAMES GALORE!!

#134002 - 04/02/03 04:28 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
LSHAW3457 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Peggy:

Have you been able to complete the alchemy area? You know, the 4 doors that you open?

I ask because I was almost at the very end of the Gemini door (the manifesto in the tower), misjudged the jump to the tower room to get the manisfesto and now I'm having difficulty getting back to that same spot. Oh, this makes me so mad when you have to start the ENTIRE level over again just to get to that point.

POINT OF INTEREST: Received another e-mail from LucasArts and they ARE IN THE PROCESS of making a patch that will allow the game player to SAVE in the middle of a level....at least that's what I was told...

Keep those finger's crossed (toes crossed wouldn't hurt either!...at least not until you get a cramp!!)///
ADVENTURE GAMES GALORE!!

#134003 - 04/02/03 05:30 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Piney Woods of East Texas
Thanks for sending me to The Raven site. It was suggested that I update my display driver. Ahem! Pardon me, for treating my computer like I treat my truck. Can't remember to get the basic maintenance done. Anyway, downloaded an update and my display/graphics problems are solved!! Now, since I can concentrate on playing the game, I think I must have missed finding necessary items along the way. Like, how do you improve the health meter? Drinking water from canteen didn't cut it. Do we need to find kits and leaves and such as in the Infernal Machine? Feel quite relieved that I have made it to the first auto save. Looking forward to a much faster assault on those bad guys now.
Thanks again to you all for your help.

#134004 - 04/02/03 06:49 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
PeggyG Offline
Settled Boomer

Linda, I just completed all four doors of the clock area and have moved to the next area. Got killed rather promptly so figured it was a good point to stop. The whole clock area was a nice puzzle! Getting the last piece--the soul gem--was something else. I swear I was getting vertigo. My hands were actually getting clammy contemplating the various jumps from high perches.

Joanie, although one does find medkits here and there--and one can use them to restore to full health--the prime source of renewing your health is with the canteen. When you drink from the canteen, make sure that after your choose the canteen from your inventory you hold down the "E" key and keep it held down while you're drinking. Watch the progress of the two bars in the upper left corner...the bottom bar shows the volume of water in the canteen. As you drink, the canteen contents get lower but your health bar should progressively turn green. If the lower bar is empty, that means your canteen needs refilling. Never walk by a water fountain without filling it up.

#134006 - 04/08/03 07:48 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
LSHAW3457 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well, I'm certainly glad you're enjoying the game ET. I am too, but the lack of saves whenever you want to, or at worst....once per level is a drag...a real drag, especially if you're near the end of a level and have to start all over again.

Currently I use the following keys for controling:
1) Up Arrow - forward
2) Down Arrow - Back
3) Left Arrow - left
4) Right Arrow - Right
5) Left CTRL - primary weapon/fighting
6) Left SHIFT - secondary weapon/fighting
7) TAB key - Action
8) Spacebar - jump (default)
9) Inventory open - I (makes sense to me)
10) Inventory left - U (next to the I)
11) Inventory right - O (nect to the I)
12) Inventory Close - K (below I)
13) ~ key (next to the 1) - WALKING

The only problem with using the Up, Down, Left and Right keys to manuever (despite the mouse camera view) is that when you are on a chain, rope, whip, etc., you cannot swing back and forth. To solve that problem, I just jump to the rope (or vine, or whatever), then hit the ESC key and reset the FORWARD key to W (temporarily until I swing where I need to and then jump off). Then I immediately reset the forward key to the Up Arrow again.

It's a real pain in certain areas, but after awhile you get the hang of it...

Now, if I can only get past the Turks throwing grenades at me...
ADVENTURE GAMES GALORE!!

#134011 - 04/09/03 05:53 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
Dee6 Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: England
Hi everyone.
I've just started the game and I am finding it very difficult. Just to keep Indy in a straight line is so frustrating. I haven't mastered the walk yet. He just runs everywhere and not always in a straight line. I'm trying to get him to line up and jump over a pit. Why didn't Lucasarts use the same keyboard system as in the other Indy games. I was really looking forward to the new game but am beginning to get fed up and go back to one of the other games waiting to be played.

#134012 - 04/09/03 06:09 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
Gelert Offline
Addicted Boomer

Dee6,

Same here ! Just in case I can help, I'll tell you what I've done.

I swopped the forward and backward keys, so that 'S' is now forward and 'W' is backward. Try to only use the 'S' key most of the time and turn Indy using your mouse. Avoid using 'backward' if you can. It helps. Also, I've made the 'left shift' key the walk key, 'cos it's easily reached from 'S'.

I hated the inventory set-up too, so I've put 'open inventory' on 'number pad 0', 'scroll inventory to the right' is the 'number pad .' key, 'close' is the 'Number pad 1' key, and 'left scroll' (rarely use), is the 'number pad 2' key.

If you do try this set-up, persevere for a session or two before you reject it. I'm finding it far easier than the default.

Good luck !

Gelert. smile

#134013 - 04/10/03 04:02 AM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
LSHAW3457 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Just incase anyone is interested.....there IS a cheat code (other than the ALT+F4 to quickly exit the game) that gives Indy unlimited ammo, unlimited "air" underwater, and unlimited weapons. It means editing the "default.cfg" file in the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Indiana Jones\GameData\Indy folder. Copy the default.cfg file and put it in a safe place for the time being. Then open the one in that folder with Notepad and at the bottom, add: cheats:1 Click on FILE, and SAVE.
Viola!

I tried it, liked it, but changed it back because I'm already at the Peng Lai Lagoon area and have "suffered" through so much to get here, I don't think I'll keep the cheats.
ADVENTURE GAMES GALORE!!

#134014 - 04/12/03 11:58 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Hallelujah!

Lacking the ability to save at will, the crafty option of extra ammo and health will help us avoid a frustrating death that leaves us at a save from the previous day. I haven't tried it yet, but if it works, you have done us a great service!

I would rather play without the cheat, but lacking a fair SAVE capability, this is an option to consider.

Thanks!

Dadguy

#134015 - 04/13/03 07:48 AM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
Gelert Offline
Addicted Boomer

Aah-well ! Finally had it with the keyboard and changed over to the gamepad. Eons better, especially for moving around, and he doesn't get trapped in corners at all. If you've got one see what you think, and if you get the message that you've "same buttons" configured for different actions, don't worry 'cos it hasn't casued problems with me so far anyway !

Gelert. happydance

#134021 - 04/16/03 03:59 AM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
LSHAW3457 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Is there anyone out there who has beaten Von Beck's Revenge, on Level 9? I'm stuck there. Can't outrun and make it safely to the outlit when the tank comes at me...

I'd be grateful if some kind soul could send me a saved game just beyond that point....or when the game "auto saves" for you.
ADVENTURE GAMES GALORE!!

#134022 - 04/16/03 06:26 AM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
PeggyG Offline
Settled Boomer

Linda, I just got to Von Beck last night before, well, calling it a night. I'll give it a couple of tries tonight after work and see if I have any luck. We've all got the skill to do this, but it's just too fast! I can only be thankful that they didn't tack this on the end of a long level....

#134023 - 04/16/03 05:35 PM Re: Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb
philby Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Rochester NH
Hi all....you 2 PeggyG and thanks again....I am playing the Xbox version and you can't save anywhere on it either....has anyone reached the Iron Cross area, where you finally run into flamethrowers?....I can't even get thru the 1st part..I only have 2 bullets in my luger...tees me off that 2 bullets won't kill someone....I guess you have to reach the alarms before more flamethrowers come out but I am getting fried all the time....I try and slice and dice the flamethrowers but it takes forever to kill them...oh well, will have to keep trying until TRAOD comes out...(if ever).....tks for any reply
Paul

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (Jarkeld, Haroula, Kickaha, kjos, bermag45, Draclvr, curly, looney4labs, Cathy1, dorish), 84 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users