GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#134497 - 06/15/03 09:53 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
Syd, happydance
Try to fight some of the orcs with the guards so you can level up and increase that skill.
Use magic if you can, I always liked the Metorstrike,lighting and flying disc(you'll really need that one much later in the game)
While you're back in the first village explore the outer regions as much as you can on all sides.
Watch out for snakes!
There is so much to this game, but you're having fun so that's all that matters.
Here orcie, orcie
Ingie

#134498 - 06/15/03 10:06 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Thanks Ingie - I'll transport myself back to Aleroth and ransack buildings then work my way through those orcs and start down south again.

Hi ho, hi ho - it's off to kill orcs I go happydance

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.

#134499 - 06/15/03 10:11 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
You'll have a grand time lol
Good Luck laugh
Ingie

#134500 - 06/15/03 11:34 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Woohoo, there are a ton of quests! You can do as many or as few as you like at this point, but if you want to be big and bad you might want to do a lot! How I did the quest with the explosives - I used the black potions to make myself invisible, and I ran there, clicked the explosives to the appropriate place, took more potions and ran out of there. The black potions are a must have for us wimpy wizards!
I don't know about your skill question, unless you don't have enough points to get the skill? I never used scorpion traps or anything like that, so can't help you there. Every skill is available to you though, at the appropriate level and if you have the points to get it.
For repairing your stuff - you need to head north when you can. If you stick to the path, it shouldn't be much of a problem. You'll first come to the dwarven town, and north of there is a trader's market, where the blacksmith is at his forge. Once you ask him for help, he'll go to his house, which is just north of his forge, and you have to follow him there.

#134501 - 06/15/03 02:34 PM Re: Divine Divinity Started
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Well here I am four hours later and almost to Level 10 wimpy wizard laugh I cleaned out all the orcs between here and the farmlands except the orc captain - he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong for me right now - two smacks and I'm a gonner. I did go back underground and looked for Slasher - can't find it anywhere - did pick up some more gold however, so it wasn't a total loss.

I looked at my quests and no quest about the little boy so I guess I either didn't ask the right question or I need to go talk to the guy again. I did get a quest to catch cattle rustlers however lol

I do have a question. When I leveled up I got the repair weapon skill and can repair Level 1 weapons (just not sure which ones they are) - now this has happened twice - when I come across a troll and start to fight him I get what looks like a hammer hitting an anvil when I go to attack him. Any idea what the heck this icon is? My son thought it might mean the game is auto repairing my weapon but I don't have a clue.

I'll head up north nickie and look for the trader. I really need to get these weapons repaired and some traded in.

Make youself invisible huh? I wondered if that's what that one potion does. Now that I'm back in the farmlands I'll go back into the mines and give it a try.

This game is sucking up way too much of my life right now lol

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.

#134502 - 06/15/03 02:59 PM Re: Divine Divinity Started
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: West Vancouver, B.C. Canada
You have just encountered the "attack of the anvil"!

You have to make sure that after you repair something, you return your action icon to the weapon icon, otherwise you will end up trying to "repair" your enemy. Where you now see the anvil icon, click, and select your weapon of choice.

This is also rather embarassing (not to mention fatal) if you have left your lockpicks active).

#134503 - 06/15/03 06:17 PM Re: Divine Divinity Started
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Ah no wonder the troll was laughing at me. He didn't need repairing lol Good thing he was slow and dumb or I'd have been dead meat before I got my weapon back laugh Thanks Hagatha - the obvious is always the hardest to figure out sometimes whistle

#134504 - 06/15/03 06:53 PM Re: Divine Divinity Started
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Arggh not the attack of the anvil! I did that so many times...You don't need to go into the mines if you use it, just straight across the board, since they can't see you.

#134505 - 06/15/03 09:18 PM Re: Divine Divinity Started
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Oh man, I just tried to lockpick an undead corpse to death lol . But I made Level 10 laugh

#134506 - 06/16/03 12:06 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

lol lol lol I'll get you with my rusty key, argggh.

#134507 - 06/16/03 12:32 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Hagatha was right - that was soooo embarassing happydance

I'm now off to blow up a supply train for real and get one of my quests off the books. I cannot get the quest about the little boy to show up so I guess that's one I won't be doing. I've talked his father three times and the conversation comes up correctly but the quest never shows. Guess I'll live without that one but I so wanted to dig up a grave whistle

#134508 - 06/16/03 01:02 PM Re: Divine Divinity Started
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kentucky, USA
Try talking to mom instead.

#134509 - 06/17/03 01:22 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi acornia - I don't know if I talked to the mom or not but I talked to someone named Carolin and she told me her son was lost over by the Dark Cave - is that the same quest that Ingie was talking about?

I got the supply train blown up and finally found slasher. So far that's it for tonight. I've been roaming around killing things and have made it to almost level 14.

I'm having a terrible time trying to solve the poor scared soldier's delima and the cattle rustler quest. I've been told that the assassin has been seen running through the cornfields but for the life of me can't find him. I've tried day and night and nadda. Does he show up somewhere?

I also stumbled on some zombies (Jake I believe) dragging some poor lady underground. Naturally I followed - naturally I died lol

I did finally manage to find the weapon repair guy in the merchants village. I even sold off a lot of my inventory laugh I still have some stuff stashed around George's place that I think I'll go back for and sell. Do you need the rings and stuff for anything other than selling to get gold? I found a bunch near some "ahem" grave robbers that were pretty miffed to learn I killed their boss and they were now unemployed whistle

That's enough babbling for tonight -
hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to accomplish a bit more quest wise.

#134510 - 06/17/03 04:42 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
Magician Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sydney, Australia
good god - I've been following the thread, and by the description of the gameplay, it certainly reminds me of Morrowind... and the almost boundless limit and freedom of the world frightened me away from that... yikes! Dare I enter the world of Divine Divinity...? wink

#134511 - 06/17/03 07:50 AM Re: Divine Divinity Started
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kentucky, USA
Oh yeah, go play. Most of the quests are in one (large) area and until get most of them done, don't really want to go someplace else. Syd some of those items have been charmed and if you wear them, will get more vitality, magic, or resistance to poison, etc so have them appraised if you can't identify them. Go all the way to left side of the farming community and talk to someone hiding in a barn. Then around the middle of the farming community should find an orchard, with the assassin in the middle. Find him too soon and only get to talk. Don't worry about the soldier, just say that you will do it. Will be a long time before can find that potion. Carolin is the person need to talk to find the son. Save game once you get inside the cave. Boy does it get harder to level up the higher you get. Need about 900,000 to level up--am at level 26. One more thing, if talk to Hugh about a bill, don't offer to pay it unless you're carrying alot of money.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Redz, CanukDenis, DocPaul, cailyn, curly, Pandora, Jill, Rushes, kjos, Moondancer), 51 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ringo88mph, Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind
8525 Registered Users