GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#134949 - 12/21/03 04:04 PM Re: Windows XP :(
goldnorchid Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: OKC, Oklahoma
I tried the link they gave me for inferno, and did what it said to do, only thing is I don't have a scan disk or a check disk. I am getting frustrated, I don't like not being able to play a game that I paid $30.00 dollars for when it says on the box will work with XP.

#134950 - 12/21/03 04:30 PM Re: Windows XP :(
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
You should have the Check Disk feature if you have XP. If you Go to-->My Computer-->Local Disc "C" ("C" is mine but your Local Disc maybe assigned another letter)-->Right Click--> Properties-->Tools-->
do you have a
"Check Now..." ->

#134951 - 12/21/03 04:32 PM Re: Windows XP :(
Sven Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Bolton Landing
Just read that there is a patch available for Egypt 2, egy2cdint.exe at cryo-interactive.com but they aren't there anymore?? Does anybody know if there is another place to get this patch??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#134952 - 12/21/03 09:22 PM Re: Windows XP :(
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
The Dreamcatcher version of Egypt 2 has already been patched. So has the DVD version that Cryo published.

If you have the UK CD version, I guess you'll have to email Dreamcatcher Europe and see if they have it. I can't find it online.

#134953 - 12/21/03 10:30 PM Re: Windows XP :(
mabeco Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northeast Ohio
Hi Sven,

I have a copy of the patch for Egypt II if you still need it. Let me know if you want me to e-mail it to you. wave

#134954 - 12/22/03 02:01 PM Re: Windows XP :(
lasanidine Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: WA. USA
It is not a good idea to go to windows update for video card drivers. They are never as good as the drivers written for the actual card.

I said this before and now I will repeat it again. Download Aida32 for the web. It is free and will tell you not only what hardware is on your computer in detail. It also will tell you where to download the drivers from to that hardware.

Before you do any other adjustments make sure that you have the latest video drivers and the latest DirectX.

Oscar Wilde

#134955 - 12/22/03 09:45 PM Re: Windows XP :(
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:
It is not a good idea to go to windows update for video card drivers. They are never as good as the drivers written for the actual card.
Really? I just downloaded video drivers last week (first time since I got my computer, because I needed the old drivers for a certain game) and as far as I can tell they came directly from NVIDIA. They weren't generic Windows drivers. (According to the video card's properties, NVIDIA is the driver provider.)

-emily

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (Redz, Cue, Winfrey, Pandora, GBC, curly, Haroula, 1 invisible), 69 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis
8497 Registered Users