GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#152428 - 05/31/07 10:05 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: boshettee]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern California
Thanks for the link to the treasure hunt, Becky! wave

#152446 - 05/31/07 10:48 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Renee]
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: FLORIDA
Hey fellow gamers!

I ran into Big John this evening and he told me that there are a few Eder Delin books in some of the hoods, The Guild of Greeters Bevin is one that has it.
So this is good news for all those that need to go through the door there.
Also good news for those who haven't got the two relto pages in there.
It should be a great time to get help for the doors.

#152460 - 05/31/07 11:59 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Thanks all for your tips and KIs. I will add them to my buddy list tonight. Since I'm in PST and many of you seem to be in Central Time or EST, I will probably be seeing you mostly on weekends. Although I might have a chance of meeting up with European GBers on weeknights if anyone plays in the morning while I'm on at night.

UruKat - Thanks so much for the directions to the GB Neighborhood. I just got home and am about to plunge back into the world of Myst. I will see if I can at least find the neighborhood.

Have I mentioned yet that you are all awesome and I'm so happy to have found you all? hearts

URU KI #03564317

#152461 - 06/01/07 12:24 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: UruKat]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
I play in third person (I like my avatar, but I keep forgetting it is me and sometimes I wait for her to give me a clue!) At present I'm trying to wander around enough to memorize a few landmarks. Also trying to learn what some of the icons do. There is a complicated one that shows up at the right hand top of the screen now and then and I click on it but so far the only thing I have really figured out about it is the toggle switch that turns the sound on and off. The rest I'm still trying to figure out. I read about the help at the Beginner's Bevin but haven't found my way there yet. Someone mentioned they give a tour, but I'm aftraid that would confuse me more than ever. Everything would blend together and I would never find my way. I have to learn paths and places a little bit at a time. An area finally sinks in after finding it and exploring it several times and then I can move on a little farther. I have this problem with adventure games all the time and the walkthroughs are absolutely no help. So, for now, I would like to just take my time to get used to the feel of the surroundings. Yesterday I followed Kimmie to get my KI# and I have absolutely no idea where I went. It took all my concentration just to keep up with her and it wasn't like she was rushing or anything. I know we turned this way and went thataway but haven't a clue as to the actual path. I've been exploring the desert area and today I found a cleft and a windmill and I know I will be able to find them again later. Tomorrow I'll check out the cavern, I think.

#152462 - 06/01/07 01:18 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: sierramindy]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Sierramindy -

I'm the same way. I have to figure a lot of things out for myself. Last night, I met a nice guy who showed me how to do a lot of things and I've forgotten half of them. I can't remember how to look up, of all things!

I'm currently wandering around a world (age?) called something like Eder Gira. Looks like Sedona, AZ. I keep finding myself on the same paths and can't figure out how to get to another part of the world. I can see where I want to go, I just have to figure out how to get there. I'm hoping to run into some Game Boomers online this weekend who can show me the ropes a bit more. So I guess we'll both wander around as best we can and play this game at our own pace. I think that's the beauty of it, though. We can do it on our own or join with others. Love it!

URU KI #03564317

#152556 - 06/01/07 08:04 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark]
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer

Just thought I would also mention that there is an "official" website for Uru, that has tons of info for newbies and veterans.
It's Gametap's official site. You will be seeing these initals a lot....MOUL...which stands for "Myst Online: Uru Live". Which is also the name of the website.

I get most of my information in the "forums" on that site. They also have complete walkthroughs and hints and tips. I find that it is the type of game that you almost have to read the forums to find out what is going on as you explore. Especially if you are new to it all.
This is a link to the MOUL site that has lots of info put together for newbies...

MOUL Website Link

Don't get overwhelmed though. The best way to start is probably to just do the Cleft and the first 4 ages first (Gahreesen, Teledahn, Kadish Tolesa, Eder Gira & Kemo).
By then you will have a much better feel for the game and then you can venture out more and start exploring the new areas and socializing with fellow gamers.
If you need help while doing these ages, you can invite someone else to go with you and help you figure out what to do.

CelticLark.....
If you need help with Eder Gira and you see one of us online, be sure to ask for help. I would be more than glad to walk you through it or guide you. I have finished everything available now, so I would love something to do while I am hanging around. smile

Edited by UruKat (06/01/07 08:05 AM)

#152931 - 06/01/07 08:16 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: UruKat]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

I did do some poking around on the forums at the official URU website. It's all so huge - it's a bit intimidating. I will check out the link for newbies.

I would love help with Eder Gira so if I see you online, UruKat, I will definitely ask for your assistance.

URU KI #03564317

#152997 - 06/01/07 10:35 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Hi UruKat,
Thanks for the MOUL website link! I found a lot of help there and made a ton of notes. I also saw a walkthrough for the Cleft (which I found and explored a bit yesterday but couldn't find the handle) so now I know where to look. I was close as I recall going over that 3 plank bridge but didn't see any handle or any kitchen. Anyway, I do feel I'm slowly making some progress and since I signed up for a whole year I guess I can take my time.

#153030 - 06/02/07 01:27 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Almost done with Eder Gira. Just one more cloth to get and I know where it is. Just takes some planning to get it and I need sleep.

Thanks r_fike/Boomer for making me a member of the GB Bevin. I'm so tickled - now I feel like I belong. grin I know, I'm easily excited. It's all so new and fun. I'll calm down in a few weeks, I promise.

Nite! tired

URU KI #03564317

#153031 - 06/02/07 01:30 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark]
r_fike Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Oklahoma
Glad to be of assistance Celtic Lark.

My granddaughter will be staying with us next week so I won't have any time to get on MOUL. Hope to see you in a couple weeks.

#153032 - 06/02/07 01:33 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: r_fike]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Have a great time with your granddaughter. I'll be sure to say hello when I see you next in MOUL. Thanks again! smile

URU KI #03564317

#153055 - 06/02/07 04:09 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark]
janinemary Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Australia
Hi Celtic Lark , I sometimes play in the mornings. I will look out for you, and say hello. wave

#153081 - 06/02/07 07:12 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: janinemary]
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: virginia
When you are in the neighborhood, don't forget there is a Ki Manual on the desk in the classroom.

There are several good guides to the Ki online. The Guild of Greeters (another good neighborhood to visit when you figure out the nexus lol) has one at

How to Use the Ki

Another is the DRC guide (thanks to the D'ni Jazz Club) at

DRC Ki Guide

If you read these all at once and try to absorb the info you will get a headache. But you can consult from time to time..

Looking forward to seeing you all in the cavern!
Kate (Katva Ki#969932)

#153107 - 06/02/07 08:44 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky]
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer

Just found a VERY interesting peek at what the episode for June will be!!
It's found on the Gametap website:

Gametap Link

Sounds awesome!
Click to reveal..
The next episode, “A New Light, begins in June in it, Power is shifting and new leaders begin to emerge while those from the past begin to fade. Amidst all the chaos, the Age of Er’Cana is released and Explorers are asked to help feed the darkening lake. Meanwhile, new information is revealed and more begin to fear the coming war. Er’Cana features a vast landscape with hours of unique gameplay that can be played single player or with friends.

Also...Sierramindy.....what is your KI# and avatar name???

Edited by UruKat (06/02/07 10:09 AM)

#153205 - 06/02/07 12:02 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: UruKat]
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: virginia
Wow! and, a footnote for anyone who wants to try the game, it is free on GameTap over this weekend. Hurry up though..free until June 4.

Free games at Game Tap this week

Kate

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (bermag45, looney4labs, Koala, macmac, InlandAZ, butterflybabe, JKEerie, scampy), 62 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users