GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel #223458
10/29/07 07:32 AM
10/29/07 07:32 AM
F
Fathamburger Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Fathamburger  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
F

Ok, I missed updating my navigation map while I was on the train, but now the train station won't let me go down and catch it again. There is literally no hotspot on the blue ish gate section. Is this a bug? or is the game full of game stoppers like this? I always thought the navigation map was a shortcut.

So what do I do? If I have to reload I think I'm just going to uninstall the game. Im patched to 1.01 after some random crashes but running about the tedious monastery is really getting to me already.

Last edited by texaslady; 10/29/07 07:36 AM.
Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: Fathamburger] #223462
10/29/07 07:38 AM
10/29/07 07:38 AM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Fathamburger please wait until someone that has played the game is able to assist you.
Also please remember that this is the Hints forum. If you have comments on the game, please post them in the Discussion forum. We still have members playing the game and prefer that it not be spoiled for them if possible.

Sue

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: texaslady] #223504
10/29/07 08:42 AM
10/29/07 08:42 AM
Israel
-
-=sinotek=- Offline
Settled Boomer
-=sinotek=-  Offline
Settled Boomer
-

Israel
If you're at the pyramids and you see the train station entrance and it won't let you in... I think it's a bug. (Don't delete the game just because I said it because I may be wrong).

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: -=sinotek=-] #223530
10/29/07 09:07 AM
10/29/07 09:07 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Try both sides of the entrance to the metro car.
What do you see in your PA? Right click it and see.

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: MaG] #223583
10/29/07 10:21 AM
10/29/07 10:21 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

It isnñt a bug smile

1st if you didn´t update your navigation map (really means acquire the map - as it is corrupted before this step)

Where did you go next? The pyramid or back to Omega 10. There are also mutiple entrances at the pyramid into the metro. If you enter from any locale other than Omega 10 itself ' you are automatically back on the metro car.

If you did interact with the metro map (the updater) at the back of the metro car ' check your PA and the nav map tab.

Remember, we designed Culpa to be player driven and VERY nonlinear. If you do not have things other people do or have not met people other gamers write about or maybe even seen entire places other gamers write about

This is YOUR game and each gamers version will have differences, when things are done, when people are met and EVEN IF certain people, places and events occur.

Unless you have zero to for in your diary, have no place to go, no one to talk to ' then you are NOT stuck and it isnñt a bug.

Please PM me if you have tried all the exits or entrances and and tell me in detail what you are doing if you can´t get back to the metro car and a check of your PA shows nothing and I will help figure out what you need to do next smile

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: gatorlaw] #223620
10/29/07 10:46 AM
10/29/07 10:46 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Laura! kissy

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: MaG] #223752
10/29/07 02:48 PM
10/29/07 02:48 PM
F
Fathamburger Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Fathamburger  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
F

Sorry, I was frustrated smile

I am in the omega 10 station right now. I've tried both entrances to platform B and no train comes on platform A. That is what I mean. This means I am stuck at GSPN and can't leave. If there is something I have to do to make the trains work again, I don't see it. I've already tried buying more credits but the machine says I don't need to do that anymore. All of this makes me feel like I *need* the navigation map to travel (I haven't updated it at all) and frustrated by such poor design that won't let you even use a train station more than once if that is the case.

Hopefully this is not the case. I'll PM this as well

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: Fathamburger] #223888
10/29/07 07:25 PM
10/29/07 07:25 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Fathamburger,

Did you get a solution for this problem?

If not, can you go back to a saved game and see if you can redo that part on the train.
I vaguely remember that I did the map update because there was a flash or warning to do so sent out by the PA. So I did not experience your problem.

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: MaG] #224255
10/30/07 12:20 PM
10/30/07 12:20 PM
F
Fathamburger Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Fathamburger  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
F

Still no, although Laura did suggest I send her the save file which I'm doing. I do have an earlier save that I can go back to next time I have time to play, but I've already redone two swathes of this game due to crashes or (until proven otherwise smile ) poor design. My time to play nowadays is limited so constantly redoing content for what might be more poor design down the road is not something that I'm going to put up with.

and I never got a warning to do that by PA. I had the map actually come up after the "crash" and I was able to use it for the rest of the day and thought that was that. I certainly didn't expect to be locked out of the subway just because my PDA map didn't update. Imagine what life would be like if that was the case wink

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: Fathamburger] #224278
10/30/07 01:05 PM
10/30/07 01:05 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Oh --- If you have the map already and it places new sites when they are opened to you - then it is updated. Unless, I'm more confuse than before. smile

-----
Why do you want to go back inside the Metro Car?
Looks like you are set to continue with the game and there's no problem?

Last edited by MaG; 10/30/07 01:09 PM.
Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: MaG] #224341
10/30/07 03:13 PM
10/30/07 03:13 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

we are curious about this same question Mags - if they had the map then they can't go back through the blue screen to the metro - they have to use their map.

But we are analyzing the saved games to see what is what.

I forgot to ask - could you also verify the version of the game you have? Did you use the patch and if so did it update the version?

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: gatorlaw] #224346
10/30/07 03:30 PM
10/30/07 03:30 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks for the help, gatorlaw! kissy

This is way beyond the call of duty.
You take care and I am posting this so that you know I mean it!

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: MaG] #224477
10/30/07 07:20 PM
10/30/07 07:20 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

kissy

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: gatorlaw] #224486
10/30/07 07:42 PM
10/30/07 07:42 PM
Michigan, USA
ramona Offline
Addicted Boomer
ramona  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan, USA
The same thing happened to me as well. When I got credits I was able to travel to the apartment of the murdered citizen and then I traveled to his shop. While on the bus I never took a picture of the map. I went back to GPSN, and used the 3D machine on the images. Then I left. I go back to the station and can't get pass the blue lines. I am guessing there is another way to upload the map besides doing it on the train and I missed it.

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: ramona] #224512
10/30/07 08:48 PM
10/30/07 08:48 PM
Michigan, USA
ramona Offline
Addicted Boomer
ramona  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan, USA
I went back to an earlier save before I traveled to the murdered citizen's home. Took the picture of the map and it now works fine. I did notice when I went back to Omega Station 10 that you can't go back through the entryway to platform B. You have to use the navigation map to travel. Just in case the info is needed, I downloaded the patch.

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: ramona] #224568
10/31/07 01:51 AM
10/31/07 01:51 AM
F
Fathamburger Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Fathamburger  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
F

Yup I'm patched too. Somehow I was able to use the nav map for that day but I thought that's what the corrupted data download was at the time wink

but the next day, "please update nav map". Bug or not, come on this is horrible design to just break the train station for no reason with an assumption. Absolutely horrible, the map should be a *shortcut*, not the only way to get around.

This should have been caught at the design phase. Let me spell it out, the map update is something a player could potentially miss because it is an optional action. An optional action that is a game requirement to proceed. In that case you should either a) ensure the player gets it done i.e. not make them leave the train and have what's her name say "I need to update my map first" or b) allow the player to go and do it every time they ride the train if they haven't already. This is something that would have never happened if it was a Lucasarts game anyway back in the day wink Yes a non linear game is good, but you should always protect players from situations like these, nobody likes their time wasted in addition to crash bugs etc.

New patch please!

Last edited by Fathamburger; 10/31/07 02:24 AM.
Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: Fathamburger] #224677
10/31/07 08:11 AM
10/31/07 08:11 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Fathamburger,

Please post your opinions about patches or game design at Discussion forum and add to all the other comments you have made. Do not use Hints forum as a soapbox.

I have tried to reproduce your problem to find a solution and have not. I will try again later.

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: MaG] #224787
10/31/07 10:48 AM
10/31/07 10:48 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

I made this as a new posting.

I tried again to reproduce your problem:
Renewed my pass.
Went down and entered Metro Car.
Got PA announcements:
1. Glitch
2. Reset
3. Reminder of binary data to be saved. Click on 'save'.

Each time I checked if I can exit -No.
Each time I checked if I can get map - No.

4. Reminder of Navigation map update - 'update your map'.

After #4. I walked up and down. Waited to see if the metro will stop to let me off - no.
I checked it there's a map, I can jump to - No.

Then I clicked on the only other active spot on the metro car - the map at left in the back.

Map:
She says 'I have to update PA'.
The cursor changes to a camera cursor.

- Anytime you click from here on - it updates the PA because of a the camera cursor.
- If you try to right click to get out of the map; there is the screen that has the inventory, diary, map and game controls.
Almost all of them (except inventory) will produce her to say 'I prefer not to do that now'.
You are forced to click the camera cursor to update the PA.

This then results in seeing a navigational map in the PA.

Result:
1. You can not get out of the metro car without updating the PA.
2. If you look close at the map; you cannot get out without updating the PA.

My game has no patches.
My version might be different from yours.
My version of the game is way earlier than most of you all.- 1.0c

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: MaG] #224877
10/31/07 01:03 PM
10/31/07 01:03 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

MaGS IS right,

You aren't supposed to be able to leave the metro car once on it at all until you go to the back, click on the pic, get the updated nav map. There is a corrupted data transfer but something appears in your inventory. It's part of the game story.

In the game whenever exiting a locale or when you click on the tab while in the PA you go to the nav map automatically. I agree, if this were some player chosen event - it would be a bizarre design choice - but that is not the case here.

To be clear, this is NOT an optional game event at all.

As for how you had your map and exited the car without getting the corrupted data game event and moved around - well we're surprised but this is hot target work wise.

We are currently all over the now designated "Fathamburger vanished nav map puzzler" and will this resolved for you fast.

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: gatorlaw] #224884
10/31/07 01:17 PM
10/31/07 01:17 PM
F
Fathamburger Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Fathamburger  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
F

Ok well regarding the camera icon. Never once saw it. I remember being on the metro and got glitched as it apparently should. Then the map popped up on the next click after all that. I thought okay weird. However I do remember clicking around before or after that and strangely nothing happening (no camera icon or anything) and then the map popped up all of a sudden.

I never once saw the camera icon until I went to photograph a certain something that was in Mag's walkthrough. Until then I was not even aware that the PA had a camera function, more of "edited out" mate wink

Anyway, take your time. This definitely sounds like a 1.01 issue. I was hoping to play Culpa in between a bevy of plane flights I have to take between now and the weekend but well... I have other amusements on the laptop as well smile It's probably too late to pick up any patches until I get back but..

... is it too much just to ask that you leave the metro on "edited out"? lol. Seriously, what does it hurt for anyone to have go the long way? if it had been left on, this bug would not be as game breaking as it is.

EDIT - another thing that might help you, I played on 1.0 up until crossing the bridge leaving the academy for the first time and then the thing crashed on me. I had one or two crashes before that but this one cost me several hours of time (thank god for being able to skip ahead). At that point I screamed my crustiest loudest old man yelling at those stupid kids voice, woke my roommate and then installed 1.01. Re did everything I lost, THEN went into the subway.

Last edited by Fathamburger; 10/31/07 01:38 PM.
Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: Fathamburger] #225020
10/31/07 06:02 PM
10/31/07 06:02 PM
Michigan, USA
ramona Offline
Addicted Boomer
ramona  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan, USA
Thanks Laura for popping in to help and thanks MaG for trying as well. I am sure this is something the developers will fix with a patch. Luckily it happens so early in the game that it wasn't so bad starting over at a previous point.

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: ramona] #225028
10/31/07 06:19 PM
10/31/07 06:19 PM
Santa Maria CA USA
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer
dogpenny  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Santa Maria CA USA
I cant get the bobby pin out of the pink case to open the locked drawer I double click on the pin when I get back to the office the hand has a red X on it. How do I pick up the bobby pin?

Dutch

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.
Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: dogpenny] #225035
10/31/07 06:31 PM
10/31/07 06:31 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

There is only one bobby pin that is active. Find the one that is and click on it to be placed in inventory.
Then in inventory, select the item and it will be placed on right frame. Click the gear icon to use that item or click the +i icon to look closer on some items.
luck

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: MaG] #225060
10/31/07 07:39 PM
10/31/07 07:39 PM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Also you have to click on the keyhole to get it in closeup view. Once in closeup you then open the inventory and get the bobby pin. Several inventory puzzles will only work when you are in closeup. This is not true for everything so if you get the no signal when applying an item try again in closeup. Can be frustrating I know.

Re: culpa innata - stuck, cannot travel [Re: oldmariner] #225786
11/02/07 03:58 PM
11/02/07 03:58 PM
F
Fathamburger Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Fathamburger  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
F

Well Laura got back to me in an email and said there is a patch coming soon. Apparently the problem is caused by clicking an inventory item on the crash errors when they pop up or something like that. I still think the train station should be left on though smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 151 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users