GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Myst 4 Revelation #264639
01/18/08 06:14 PM
01/18/08 06:14 PM
Panama City Beach
P
panamabeach Offline OP
Shy Boomer
panamabeach  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

Panama City Beach
I'm really stuck at this spot. Near the end of the game, Serenia Part two, where you go to the Harvester, lower it then raise it to drain the water and find the little wooden stairs to climb down.
I can't get the water to drain. I think it has to do with the 3 watergates, but fooling with them does nothing.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gary
Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: panamabeach] #264655
01/18/08 06:55 PM
01/18/08 06:55 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Gary,

Let's wait for Myst V vets to help you here. They will be here. Hold on for a bit.

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: MaG] #264778
01/18/08 11:11 PM
01/18/08 11:11 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Panama, good game, eh?

OK, here's the summary of how the water needs to be diverted upstream (if it's not diverted properly, no amount of dunking will remove the water from the Harvester pit).

Click to reveal..
1. The first water diverter nearest the beginning spot: All water should be diverted to the RIGHT side.

2. Next water diverter (with the little ladder to climb up): All water should be diverted to the RIGHT. This one is trickier because you have to pull the diverter chain twice (first pull diverts it halfway, second diverts it full right).

3. Third water diverter (this is the one with the broken wheel): Nothing to do here, but it is a test to see if you got the two upstream diverter correct. This area should be DRY... no water. If it is not, then you haven't done the other two properly yet.

4. Last diverter with the Snake Lock: This snake lock needs to be unlocked, then turn the wheel once so that the fountain area behind you is flooded.

NEXT:

After you do the above, you have to use the dunking Harvester to displace and remove the water in the Harvester well to get access to the door below.

1. You have to use the controls to close the Harvester door (so it is water tight and sealed), then lower it into the pit to displace as much water as possible. Then raise it again and check to see if you can find the path down below the Harvester (look at the Harvester door then look down and search for a hot spot to go down). You may have to dunk it a second time; I can't remember.

2. If you can get down there to the stairs below the Harvester, look for a valve on the wall that opens a duct that lets more water "overflow" when you dunk the Harvester. Then return to the dunking controls above.

3. I think you have to dunk the Harvester once more with the Harvester door closed to displace water through the duct you opened below, then raise it.

4. Then, you have to open the Harvester door, and dunk it one more time with the door open. The water will fill the Harvester since the door is open. While it is still dunked, CLOSE the Harvester door to trap the water inside, then raise it and leave it raised. This should remove the last of the water. Check the stairs again and the access to the door below should now be there.

Let us know how you do!

Dadguy

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: dadguy] #265298
01/19/08 09:44 PM
01/19/08 09:44 PM
Panama City Beach
P
panamabeach Offline OP
Shy Boomer
panamabeach  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

Panama City Beach
I'm afraid I'm still having problems. I went to the first water diverter and sure enough I didn't have the water flowing to the right side. I fixed that OK. However, when I went to the 2nd diverter and followed all the steps to get the water to the right, the darn diverter chain won't pull down. Tried it several ways and the thing won't budge. I went back to a previous saved game and the same thing happened. Don't know why the thing won't pull down.

Thank you for your help so far. Any ideas?

Gary
Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: panamabeach] #265385
01/20/08 06:25 AM
01/20/08 06:25 AM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
Yes, I have an idea.
The thing's probably stuck because:
Click to reveal..
After you move the machine that controls it, you need to position it back to it's original starting point.
In other words, the machine that you move back and forth must not be connected to the diverter.
It's either that, or you simply need to move the wheel in the machine to the other side...
Just don't forget to pull it out in the end!

There's definitely definitely definitely no logic to human behaviour.
Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: Tomer] #266522
01/21/08 08:28 PM
01/21/08 08:28 PM
Panama City Beach
P
panamabeach Offline OP
Shy Boomer
panamabeach  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

Panama City Beach
Yes, I finally figured it out. I just had to readjust everything. Thanks a lot.

Gary
Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: panamabeach] #267231
01/23/08 01:14 AM
01/23/08 01:14 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Yay!

Dadguy

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 163 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users