GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#30261 - 03/15/07 03:13 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
Hi Jenny

I also can't figure out the inventory...

Oh Well...The game is a Good one ...Don't get me wrong...Its the Interface..That is hard to get use to without getting motion sickness

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#30262 - 03/15/07 06:37 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
I reckon Mystery of the Mummy has the same interface and I'm getting dizzy trying to use it. I'm trying to follow the walkthrough but can't seem to find what I need. I've been at it so long that even the music which was okay is now getting to me and Sherlock is starting to sound sort of whiney when he finds a locked door. I guess I'm getting impatient and totally bored with him and the whole game!

#30263 - 03/16/07 01:38 AM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Sierramindy -- Mystery of the Mummy, though by the same developer (Frogwares) is a very different kind of game. MOTM has 2D graphics with 360 degree panning, while The Awakened has 3D graphics that you can fully explore. From what I recall, MOTM takes place almost entirely indoors in one mansion, while The Awakened takes you to various locations, including New Orleans and Scotland.

#30264 - 03/16/07 02:21 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer

A few comments after reading this thread. As Texaslady knows I am playing the in between game SH-
Secrets of the Silver Earring. None of the problems mentioned above and overall a great game. For those of you who have played both of these games how does the interface differ?

Almost done with it and will likely add it to my present "going nowhere" trading thread.

#30265 - 03/16/07 06:00 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
kazzmo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Yukon, Oklahoma
I just finished The Awakening. smile I thought Holmes and Watson characters were very well done. I felt I was watching T.V. during cut scenes. All characters were life-like and I felt very much a part of the game. I did encounter problems with inventory(getting items out and putting them back), as well as hand and gear icons not working easily together. IMO. I am in no way putting this wonderful game down. It is a definte "keeper and replay" for me. I am now waiting for the next SH game. thumbsup

#30266 - 03/16/07 07:09 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Old Mariner -- Silver Earring is third person perspective, 2D/2.5D graphics and point-and-click. The Awakened has first person perspective (except for the many cutscenes), 3D graphics and "mouse look" where you can move all around the environments.

The Awakened is darker in tone than Silver Earring because it has the H.P. Lovecraft elements in it. It also takes place in various places throughout the world, rather than mostly in England. The story in each game is equally good, IMHO.

#30267 - 03/16/07 07:30 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Becky, I've been trying to find out if The Awakened was a first or third person game and now I finally know. I've read too many comments on how great the characters were and even saw Holmes in some screenshots, so I've been confused.

#30268 - 03/16/07 07:48 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Ok I decided to give Awakened another try...

Maybe I can over the Floating feeling...BUT I will try it again..ONLY cause it is a Great Game
<minus> Sea sickness laugh

GameBoomers

#30269 - 03/17/07 03:42 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

I'm hanging in there with Mystery of the Mummy even with the spinning/panning and finding myself looking at the ceiling when I know what I'm trying to find isn't up there (except once it was) and I'm hoping I don't get an epileptic fit (some games have warnings about this) and why I'm still playing the game is a bigger mystery to me than the mummy. I'm having the hardest time following the walkthrough every step of the way but something is keeping me from quitting although I do seem to be looking for a reason (any reason!) to quit. Just haven't found it yet. Maybe the game is better than I give it credit for, do you think?

#30270 - 03/17/07 03:46 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi sierramindy

I agree that Mystery of the Mummy...The interface
is Bad..But then again it is an older game.. wave

GameBoomers

#30271 - 03/17/07 05:16 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
LOVED The Awakened, used my scroll wheel to access the inventory (found this by accident). My only little gripe was looking at something which I may need later on in the game and was unable to get it!! mad

#30272 - 03/19/07 03:19 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Ok I gave another try..Adjusted controls..

Forget it...I can't get use to Flying all over the place..Not seeing a Hand icon..unless your ontop of something to pick up...This Game is now off my line of Great games...The interface is the problem ..Horrible

Sorry Frogwares...But I can't get used to Bumping into walls & Flying all over the place...Walking into chairs...
My Opinion duh

GameBoomers

#30273 - 03/19/07 03:28 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Hi Darleen, sorry that you don't like the interface but I am glad of the warning! - I haven't started it yet but pleased to read your opinion & have some idea what to expect! smile

#30274 - 03/19/07 04:34 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Texas
Chrissie I thought The Awakened was a great game. I had no problems with the interface.

Sue wave

#30275 - 03/19/07 04:47 PM Re: Disappointed With The Awakened
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Thanks Sue! I haven't been put off & am sure from reading many opinions I will love it!! Just good to know that the interface may be what I might not have expected!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Barb, Kaki's Sister, Gimme, CanukDenis, robert gray, Kootsie, Moondancer, Mikael, fildil, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean
8494 Registered Users