GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#325311 - 05/11/08 04:09 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: Jehane]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Just want you to know that as a direct result of starting this thread I no longer feel so lonely. I have since met up with JennyP a couple of times for coffee & 'shoppity shop' (not necessarily in that order! lol) & again on Saturday to make it to the 'meet' at Hamilton Halls. I couldn't have hoped for a nicer & more interesting group of people to spend a few hours with & hope to meet them all again in August but can't commit just yet to the weekend Convention in October. I learnt that day I didn't know what a true text adventure was & have today downloaded one of DoreenB's to try - currently stuck trying to get something out of a cupboard! lol

#325355 - 05/11/08 05:39 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: chrissie]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Hi chrissie,
I'm interested in this text adventure by DoreenB and would like to know where you found the download. I started adventure gaming with the Scott Adams text adventures until Sierra came along. It might be nice to try one again.

#325365 - 05/11/08 06:04 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: sierramindy]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
sierramindy, most of their games can be accessed Here.

Ana wave

#325396 - 05/11/08 07:09 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

I went to Here and found 3 games by Doreen Bardon. Checked out CAT to see what the download would be like for the games. It has: Type Compressed (zipped) Folders. I don't know how to Unzip files. The Ace site is "being revamped" and will not be back until the middle of June.
I was thinking of maybe playing the same game as chrissie so I could get help (and maybe even give help) when needed. Any interest there, chrissie, or would it be too much trouble to show me how to download a Zipped file? Or whatever.

#325399 - 05/11/08 07:14 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: sierramindy]
Sonic Boomer

To unzip a zipped file, just download, right click and say to extract all.

Ana wave

#325439 - 05/11/08 08:14 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Easy for you to say, Sassy Mod, because you know what you are doing, but I don't have the foggiest notion of what I'm doing! The download link says not to open or save the file if one does not trust the source and I don't know this source at all. It says the same thing when I download Peter's Jigsaws but I know exactly how to do those so I'm okay with that source. (I'm on puzzle #229 so I should be!) What's the risk? In this case I have no idea!

#325442 - 05/11/08 08:24 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: sierramindy]
Sonic Boomer

Well, it is up to you to trust the source or not. You wanted the link, I provided the link. I certainly cannot control the way you feel in regards to trusting a site, in fact I wouldn't even begin to try to tell you how to feel. lol Whether you decide to download is out of my hands.

Ana

#325459 - 05/11/08 09:53 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well, I thought if chrissie answered she would tell me the name of the game she was stuck in and where she downloaded it from and I would trust her, so I would try to do it then. Otherwise, I'm just going to pass. But I do thank you, Ana, and appreciate your help too, honest.

#325517 - 05/12/08 01:35 AM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: sierramindy]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi sierramindy, I downloaded Doreen's 'Feeding Time' via the same link Ana gave you. You don't need to download anything else other than just the game.

It's a bonafide link & there is no reason not to trust it.
Have fun! wave

#325567 - 05/12/08 07:05 AM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: West London, UK
Going back to the original topic, we had a great gamers meet up last Saturday ! And I managed to gain a new top without shoppity shopping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#325773 - 05/12/08 12:30 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: infernoj13usa]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
My coworkers are into console games and didn't know what I was talking about when I said I played PC adventure games.

#325814 - 05/12/08 01:53 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

I'm trying to download Feeding Time at the CAT site and I clicked on the title and then clicked on OPEN and got a whole mess of files that I have no idea where to click next, like Right click but on what? Or instead of OPEN should I have gone with the SAVE choice? I'm afraid to try it, wimp that I am.
Considering how long I've been around computers I should know more about what I'm doing, but before now I just let my husband do it all for me. So why don't I ask him now? You might wonder, but the thing is he no longer plays games for one, for two I have my own computer not one of his old ones and my set-up is different from his (even our forums are quite different) and three he knows what to do when he is doing it himself but he can't explain what it is he is doing too well. He does it instinctively somehow, so he can't rightly explain. And gets frustrated when he tries and I don't follow him. He takes like giant steps and I want tiny ones!

Edited by sierramindy (05/12/08 01:56 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling, added "f" to "iles"

#325824 - 05/12/08 02:17 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: sierramindy]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
sierramindy, you need to save the file, not open it. Save it somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop. Once the file has downloaded there, then you can right-click and extract the file. Assuming you already have the WinZip program on your PC?

#325852 - 05/12/08 03:38 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: sierramindy]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

sierramindy, when I downloaded Feeding time I saved it first but had to look for it on my PC because I forgot to click Desktop.

In trying to help out here I've downloaded another of Doreen's games & 'opened' it (rather than saved it) - to try & see where it went & how it can be accessed. Unless anyone can help out in the meantime I'll work it out & get back by this time tomorrow hopefully with some instructions! smile Sorry, I'm in a different time zone - nearly time to sleep & I have to work tomorrow! smile

PS In the meantime if you come across one of the program files with an icon of a black cat - clicking on that should start the game!

#325865 - 05/12/08 03:59 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: chrissie]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

I'm getting nowhere fast. I tried SAVE and now have 2 icons on my desktop, but can't find the game! I've tried the Extraction Wizard but that only confuses me, asks questions I don't know how to answer. I click everything but nothing helps. In My Documents I have an icon of a black kitty, what is that?
I've had Tom helping me as he got curious about what I was doing, but he couldn't figure out where I was going wrong because he doesn't know just what game I'm trying to find. I told him it was a text adventure as he noticed that it was a small download for a game. That's more than I noticed.
Hi chrissie,
Any help will be appreciated, and I'm more curious about the game than ever, but if this proves to be too bothersome for you (I know you have many other things to do) just let me know and it will be okay.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (oldbroad, granny, cyanne, Marian, CanukDenis, BrownEyedTigre, oldmariner, luis), 64 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa, marmarmargar, deadbringer
8579 Registered Users