GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Nikopol and motionsickness #396655
09/24/08 03:40 PM
09/24/08 03:40 PM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I just received my gift in the mail a game called Nikopol the full version. I had played the demo and loved it. However the demo didn't give me enough play time to realize I would be having a problem. I knew that the game is 1st person and always a struggle with 360 panoramic view.

I have been playing the game for 2 hours and nausea really didn't hit me full force until after I passed the demo time mode. Seems my stomach could handle the demo mode but not anything more than that. sick

I know I am not the only Boomer that gets motion sickness with certain games. Frogware cares about those of us who want to play their games and suffer extreme motion sickness caused by camera view of 360 degrees in all directions some of our tummy's can't handle it. rolleyes I hope more game producers will also follow their lead.

There is an option to slow the mouse down, but it really doesn't help at all for me. I can only hope more game programmers will also provide an alernative way to move the cameras so we who get motion sickness from the movement will not suffer.

So just giving a heads up to those who want to know ahead of time.

I do not regret buying the game I love it, but I will have to limit my time playing the game. This will be unusual for me because it is common for me to play at least 8 hours straight. If I can play 1 hour at a time of this game I will be grateful.

Perhaps if the company gets enough requests they will give us a patch so we all can enjoy the game to the fullest. Perhaps one of our mods can tell us where we could write to so we can request a patch?
helpI will be the first to write them.

I noticed the extreme nausea stopped as soon as I quit the game.
I know I will enjoy this game it is just that it will be the slowest game I finish.

Last edited by Sherryah; 09/24/08 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Sherryah] #396657
09/24/08 03:52 PM
09/24/08 03:52 PM
Cape Town
anne2 Offline
Settled Boomer
anne2  Offline
Settled Boomer

Cape Town
Thanks for the feedback, thought this would be the case, but ordered from Dave anyway as the game looked so lovely.
A patch would be a dream.
wave

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: anne2] #396668
09/24/08 04:15 PM
09/24/08 04:15 PM
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

wave Hi Anne, good to know we will be playing it together. I just popped some motion sickness pills and will try again to get back to playing the game.

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Sherryah] #397027
09/25/08 11:42 AM
09/25/08 11:42 AM
twenty Offline
Shy Boomer
twenty  Offline
Shy Boomer

Sherryah, Sorry to hear about your motion sickness. Unfortunately, there are game developers who develop games in first person view as it is cheaper and faster to do so. Cheaper because they hire less programmers to design and animate the playable characters. Faster because there was no need to animate. On the bright side, there are companies that are willing to invest the time and money to develop a third person game and in the case of Frogwares, they worked on both first and third person views.

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: twenty] #397034
09/25/08 11:55 AM
09/25/08 11:55 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sherryah, sorry this game is making you sick. I know some of our members take a pill before they play, and others like the wrist band.

Here is their contact info: info@whitebirdsproductions.com

Twenty, it may be cheaper to do first person, but it may be an artistic choice also. We have many members who prefer 1st person views as they are better able to immerse themselves in the game that way wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: looney4labs] #397087
09/25/08 02:05 PM
09/25/08 02:05 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
I suffer from motion sickness too when I play games in first person. I have found that when I lower the mouse sensitivity to almost nothing, I can play these games.

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Karsten] #397137
09/25/08 04:31 PM
09/25/08 04:31 PM
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for your comments really sweet for you to care. wave

I tried the motion sickness pills and it didn't work. I live in Ireland and don't know where I can buy the bracelet if anyone has an idea please let me know. I also lowered the mouse intensity to nothing showing and yet that doesn't work. sick

I am trying hard to just play the game around nausea symptoms. I saw where Frogware just proved how much they care about those of us who suffer in 1st person games and have a new version. I have the old version and I will be buying the new version since the old one I couldn't even play for an hour.

I use to be able to play any game and never had motion sickness. This is very sad I wonder if it comes with middle age? cry

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Sherryah] #397174
09/25/08 06:05 PM
09/25/08 06:05 PM
Greece
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer
Volkana  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Greece
That bad ah Sherryah? I my self not so sensitive with motion sickness but i faced some problems in the past...

Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Sherryah] #397176
09/25/08 06:14 PM
09/25/08 06:14 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Sherryah
I tried the motion sickness pills and it didn't work.

They don't work for me either.

Quote:
I live in Ireland and don't know where I can buy the bracelet if anyone has an idea please let me know.

If you do a search at ebay.co.uk for
motion sickness
you get some hits -- something called "Acustraps."
Amazon.co.uk also sells "Acustraps."

Quote:
I also lowered the mouse intensity to nothing showing and yet that doesn't work.

I find it doesn't work by itself. But it does make the movement easier to control with the mouse if it's simply too fast to control. You still have to move the mouse very slowly when panning. If you want to pan quickly, look away from the screen and keep track of your location with your peripheral vision.

Quote:
I use to be able to play any game and never had motion sickness. This is very sad I wonder if it comes with middle age?

Possibly. It's certainly true that I used to not be bothered by movies and videos that used fast cutting between images. It bothers me now though, and I have to look away from the screen.

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Jenny100] #397428
09/26/08 10:39 AM
09/26/08 10:39 AM
Illinois
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer
BubbaJake  Offline
Settled Boomer

Illinois
I understand that problem now, although I had a DIFFERENT problem with 2 older, action/adventure games. I really liked 'Fade To Black' and 'Dark Forces', but I would get the worst migraines when I tried playing either of them. They both had subdued or sometimes flickering lighting, and it didn't matter how I adjusted my monitor or ambient lighting I would just get the most wicked migraines. I've played all sorts of 360 games and liked the movie 'Cloverfield' (which has a rep for causing motion sickness.) I didn't understand why people complained about motion sickness after playing/watching these products until I remembered that I had to sell both of my games without ever being able to finish them. I sympathize a lot.

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: BubbaJake] #398032
09/27/08 06:02 PM
09/27/08 06:02 PM
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

AH thanks Boomers I really appreciate your compassion. hearts

I am playing nikopol but moving very slowly. I am disappointed though I wanted it to be a 2nd Bladerunner and show us future technology, clothing, food, scenery. Even the computers and monitors are the same. Nothing progressed for being that many years into the future except for flying cars, even the toilots were the same. lol

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Sherryah] #398061
09/27/08 07:30 PM
09/27/08 07:30 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Well I wouldn't expect the toilets to be much different. How different are they now from 100 years ago, other than not having the tank up near the ceiling?

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Jenny100] #398069
09/27/08 07:57 PM
09/27/08 07:57 PM
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

wave Jenny 100 years ago they had outhouses, ok some places still have them. lol

I think if man doesn't destroy this world first, technology will come up with some new inventions, especially in regards to the toilot. yes

Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Sherryah] #398206
09/28/08 07:31 AM
09/28/08 07:31 AM
Piraeus/Greece
Taurnil Offline
Settled Boomer
Taurnil  Offline
Settled Boomer

Piraeus/Greece
I am really impatient to play Nikopol but when I discovered that it's a 3rd person I hesitated. I really suffer from motion sickness but I'm sure I'll find a way to get rid of it!

....set the controls for the heart of the sun....
Re: Nikopol and motionsickness [Re: Taurnil] #398262
09/28/08 09:57 AM
09/28/08 09:57 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Turnil -- did you mean first person? Nikopol is in first person perspective.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Urban Worrier), 174 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users