GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: In Honor of Mothers in Adventure Games [Re: Becky] #498858
05/10/09 06:45 PM
05/10/09 06:45 PM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
Scarlett and Moll are adventuresses, trapped by circumstances and always scheming a way out. Emma is just dull or so I remember her.

In the all female high school I attended, the English class novels once we hit eleventh grade could be read, at least in part, as cautionary tales for growing girls. Hester Prynne suffered while her lover dithered; Becky Sharp suffered apparently from the slippery slope of all that follows from throwing a dictionary out of the window (served her right, too); Lydia Bennet lived in happy ignorance by being too silly to know she was causing her family suffering; Emma Bovary got migraines and failed in life because she lacked the gumption to be a good wife. I suppose today those novels are assigned in the seventh or eighth grades.

I wish I'd thought of Kate in Shady Brook. She's plucky and saved by a doomed knight errant.

Re: In Honor of Mothers in Adventure Games [Re: 8dognight] #498939
05/11/09 12:12 AM
05/11/09 12:12 AM
Athens, Greece
alkis21 Offline
Settled Boomer
alkis21  Offline
Settled Boomer

Athens, Greece
Nice topic. smile In LucasArts' Loom, Bobbin spends the entire game looking for his mother, Lady Cygna Threadbare. There's also the old Sierra game Mixed Up Mother Goose.

Atropos Studios
Nothing adventured, nothing gained
Visit our web site to order Diamonds in the Rough
Re: In Honor of Mothers in Adventure Games [Re: alkis21] #499018
05/11/09 08:23 AM
05/11/09 08:23 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Come to think off it, didn't the plot Torin's Passage revolve around you looking for mom? (and your father of course)

And then there's of course all the wonderfull portrayals of mothers in King's Quest 1-7.

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: In Honor of Mothers in Adventure Games [Re: 8dognight] #499047
05/11/09 09:55 AM
05/11/09 09:55 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Recently I've been playing Guild Wars (RPG) and casual games, been a while since I played an adventure game (though I have plenty). There are a few quests involving mothers.

Both Guild Wars: Factions and Guild Wars: Nightfall have quests in which mothers ask you to rescue their kidnapped sons. You fight your way through hordes of killers only to discover that the young men do not want to be rescued and you have to break the news to mom.

In Guild Wars: Prophecies there is a quest in which you reunite the ghosts of a father and mother with their living son, now being raised by aunt, for a brief farewell. Guild Wars ghosts know they are dead but not the status of their loved ones, unless they died together. Guild Wars ghosts can be killed again, so you have to defend the friendly ones.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Draclvr), 219 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users