GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
DF the Journal #688159
01/09/11 12:56 PM
01/09/11 12:56 PM
O
olgeezer Offline OP
Shy Boomer
olgeezer  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
O

I hate to start a new topic on this game as I know it's old. However when searching for it in the hints section, it brings multiple pages of stuff that's not really relevant to what I'm looking for. Could be because I'm not sure how to use the search engine.

My only question is this. Even though the game is called DF The Journal, there is no journal in the game! Which makes it tough for me, as my memory isn't what it used to be.

Anyway, I've heard you need to take a lot of notes in the game yourself. How meticulous do I need to be? Do you need to jot down every piece of info you see, which to me makes for a very tedious game, or can you just write down what you think is relevant?

I ask because this time I'm going to try very hard to not use a walkthrough as much as I usually do.

Any replys appreciated.

Re: DF the Journal [Re: olgeezer] #688165
01/09/11 01:15 PM
01/09/11 01:15 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Hi olgeezer,

What I found absolutely critical: As you make your way up through the various floors and rooms of the hotel -- make a brief note of the room number and what is in that particular room. That will save you headaches later when you need to get back to such-and-such a room but you can't remember exactly where it might be.

Otherwise, yes, just jot down what seems important to you. There are various symbols which appear and are important, and will need making note of. Other than that, it's not too extreme. smile You can always go back to areas to recheck data if you need to.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: DF the Journal [Re: Rushes] #688169
01/09/11 01:27 PM
01/09/11 01:27 PM
O
olgeezer Offline OP
Shy Boomer
olgeezer  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
O

Thanks Rushes. Yes, I figured that may be important, so even though I've just started, I've been doing that.

I'm sure I'll have to use a walkthrough for some of the puzzles, because I'm horrible at them, but I wasn't sure how many notes I would need to take, so that's good to hear.

People said Lost Souls was easier than this game, and if that's the case I'm in big trouble because I needed a walkthrough for over 50% of that game!

Re: DF the Journal [Re: olgeezer] #688197
01/09/11 03:10 PM
01/09/11 03:10 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
We're here if you need help. Have fun!

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Draclvr, jboliver, 1 invisible), 153 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users