GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Chronicles of Mystery Tree of Life - 1st chapter - printer toner not appearing #720158
04/26/11 11:46 PM
04/26/11 11:46 PM
Australia
N
Ness Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Ness  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
N

Australia
I've done everything right according to walkthrough and Antoine says ''here ya go'' and gives me the toner for the printer only it is not appearing in my inventory list. I only have the empty toner cartridge.
I am assuming this is a technical glitch. Tried going back to an older game but to no avail.
Help anyone?

Re: Chronicles of Mystery Tree of Life - 1st chapter - printer toner not appearing [Re: Ness] #720159
04/26/11 11:56 PM
04/26/11 11:56 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Most likely it's a Hints question.
I'll move you to Hints.

Re: Chronicles of Mystery Tree of Life - 1st chapter - printer toner not appearing [Re: Jenny100] #720210
04/27/11 06:49 AM
04/27/11 06:49 AM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Thanks, Jenny.

Hi Ness, this is a buggy game and many members have reported this problem with the inventory.

A possible reason for items not appearing is if you skip the dialogue at the point when the item should be passed over by the other character. The game blips then and doesn't register that the dialogue took place -- so no item.

Try going back to your last save game, replay this scene, and listen to the dialogue all the way without skipping any.

Another fix which worked for a member at a later stage in the game (with a parcel inside a customs office) is:

Click on your notebook and open the documents tab. The item may be in there. Click on the item and that should put it in the window on the screen as if it had been in the inventory.

That might not work for you at this point in the game but it's worth a shot.

luck

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Chronicles of Mystery Tree of Life - 1st chapter - printer toner not appearing [Re: Rushes] #720461
04/27/11 10:37 PM
04/27/11 10:37 PM
Australia
N
Ness Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Ness  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
N

Australia
Thanks for your help - I had to go back to an even further back game and redo the map (strangely enough the map redid itself - I didnt have to do it again) and then it worked. L:ike you say must be a very buggy game as I know my mother is having problems in a later chapter too. BTW I tried the notebook/documents tab idea but to no avail
Thanks
ness

Re: Chronicles of Mystery Tree of Life - 1st chapter - printer toner not appearing [Re: Ness] #720540
04/28/11 06:50 AM
04/28/11 06:50 AM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Glad you got through eventually. Hope you don't encounter any more problem spots.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (soot, hagatha, Draclvr, dorf, Orion, 1 invisible), 143 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users