Alcachofa Soft announced recently a new story of their detective monk, Brother Leonardo, that we already met on "(Murder in) The Abbey"
Alcachofa Soft is pleased to present Leonardo de Toledo’s new adventure, to be simultaneously worldwide released in a multilingual edition for PC (both DVD and digital download).
While Brother Leonardo is investigating the missing of the prior of his Order, he’s surprised by a sudden storm that forces him to seek refuge in a nearby village. There, he discovers that the quiet appearance of the little town and its inhabitants hides some supernatural facts, and the Devil’s presence can overshadow even the most unlikely of places.
The mystery of the wicked village keeps the ingredients that made The Abbey the most awarded Spanish game of 2009 (Desarrollador_Es awards for best screenplay, best music and sound, and best game of the year), as well as incorporating some artistic, technical and gameplaying enhancements. Some strong efforts are making for giving this game a variety of scenarios and characters, more than a sole and an austere abbey, while keeping the look and spirit of its predecessor. The technical level will be enhanced with HDR lighting and a new SFX system, among a greater diversity in some classic-style complexity of puzzles and drama will be balanced in gameplaying.
Take a look at the first screenshots of the game - HERE
In the meantime, you can read our Flotsam's review
of "Murder in The Abbey" (simply "The Abbey" here in Europe): Alcachofa Soft recently issued a "Director's Cut" version of the game, available exclusively by digital download from the Official Website
for only $ 9.95
The improvements of the "Director's Cut" version are:
- Visual improvements and changes: polished backgrounds, new characters, special effects, etc...
- New scenes and several new puzzles and footage.
- A new and spectacular final puzzle.
- Shortcut icon to the map.
- Double-clicking increases the speed of the main character movement.
- New additional voice-over for the new scenes.
- Revised playability, so that you can play in any order and choosing one path or another.
- Scoring system for each solved puzzle. In the style of RPGs, each clue you discover opens new options. At the end of the game you obtain a percentage of the discovered content. If you complete 100%, an extra scene is showed. The puzzles you solve affects the development of the story.
- Improved lip synching.
- Modified conversations for a boost to the pace of the game.
- New mix of music and sound. Some extra tracks added.
- Additional Bonus Content Folder, including sketches, backgrounds, character designs, etc...
- Optimized engine.
- Windows 7 compatible.