GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy #744014
08/03/11 06:39 AM
08/03/11 06:39 AM
EnterTheStory Offline OP
Shy Boomer
EnterTheStory  Offline OP
Shy Boomer

The Count of Monte Cristo is now complete, and looking for reviewers. If you're willing to write a review for gameboomers, or any other site, or on your own blog or FB page, let me know and I'll send you a free copy. It doesn't even have to be for a games related site - Monte Cristo is really aimed at anyone who likes books, and it should be easy for non-gamers to play.

It's a 220 MB download, and mainly runs on Windows (Linux is possible but can be tricky). Here is what's new compared with my earlier games:

* better early feedback from testers - I'm finally getting there.
* More polish: The Count of Monte Cristo has been tested and re-tested more than the other games, with more improvements added as a result of previous game reviews.
* More natural: The game now focuses on just on one character, meaning dialog is more natural and less generic.
* More detail: The full text of the original novel is now available in the game - visit the in-game library, or press B to read the book.
* Easier controls: just click. That's it! Simples.
* More natural movement: In early games, only one or two characters had full movement. With The Count of Monte Cristo, there are now fifty different fully mobile sprites. Also, walking code has been rewritten and improved.
* Lots of other improvements: no jumping around for clues, more favorite locations, more classical music, more access to that music, better space bar behavior, better books in the library, more relevant clues, the list goes on!
* A faster story. Early reviewers complained that the game felt too slow. Well not any more.

Don't worry, I don't expect a finished review by the end of the week. I know that reviews can take months. But the goal of this project is to adapt a new classic novel every few months, so I'm itching to release Mont Cristo and get working on The Picture of Dorian Gray.

So just message if you need a review copy.

And thanks!

All about this and the other games (at the new improved web site): http://enterthestory.com

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: EnterTheStory] #744025
08/03/11 08:29 AM
08/03/11 08:29 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Thanks Enter the Story! wave

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: Becky] #744029
08/03/11 08:34 AM
08/03/11 08:34 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

So can you say yet when "the" absolute final version is going to be available - and how one will be able to obtain it when it is ??

Cheers.

Mad grin

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: Mad] #745700
08/10/11 06:35 AM
08/10/11 06:35 AM
EnterTheStory Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer

Sorry I took so long to reply - been a bit busy, as you will see. smile

Originally Posted By: Mad
So can you say yet when "the" absolute final version is going to be available

**** RIGHT NOW! ****

Originally Posted By: Mad
how one will be able to obtain it

Just click the links!
New web site (includes teaser video)
Demo
Review,
new interview (click on ‘vertalen’ to translate)
screenshots
wallpapers (not all from Monte Cristo).

The story:
One word: revenge.
Based on Alexandre Dumas' famous story, you have to get Edmund Dantes out of prison (the dreaded Chateau d'If from which nobody has ever escaped), find out who put you there, then find the treasure so you can take your revenge. Includes more classical music, the complete text of the original novel, an improved hint system and lots more.

I hope you like it! If you don't I will track you down and have my revenge. No, wait, I don't mean that. I've been playing Edmund Dantes for so long that I have this urge to challenge everyone to a duel smile

http://enterthestory.com/images2/new_book.jpg

http://enterthestory.com/banners/banner_90.gif

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 08/11/11 05:46 PM. Reason: changed images to links
Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: EnterTheStory] #745738
08/10/11 08:52 AM
08/10/11 08:52 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Congrats on releasing the game! yay

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: Becky] #745743
08/10/11 08:58 AM
08/10/11 08:58 AM
EnterTheStory Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer

Thanks! I can't believe it took so long to test. It was supposed to be out last Autumn. smile

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: EnterTheStory] #746113
08/11/11 05:04 PM
08/11/11 05:04 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you SO much, EnterTheStory !! Can't wait to get it broccoli

EDIT : Now placed the "bulk order" of all 5 games - on a disk !! Yippee yay

Last edited by Mad; 08/11/11 05:14 PM.

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: Mad] #746117
08/11/11 05:16 PM
08/11/11 05:16 PM
EnterTheStory Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer

Thanks! More news: I've just made a Special Edition. It's only available to web site owners so they can give it as a competition prize. It's exactly like the main game, but I personalize it so the main character has your name.

A personalized game is a lot more fun than I expected, especially when other characters talk about your family and history.

So if anyone knows a site owner who's thinking of running a competition and wants memorable prizes, give her a shout. The person who gets the competition rolling gets their own personalized copy as well.

More details.

Makes a great birthday present. smile

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: EnterTheStory] #746764
08/14/11 07:56 PM
08/14/11 07:56 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
At last I've managed to find the time to start Monte cristo .... and I love it !!

Very innovative gameplay thumbsup

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: Mad] #746804
08/15/11 02:31 AM
08/15/11 02:31 AM
EnterTheStory Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer

Just bumping the thread. smile smile smile smile

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: EnterTheStory] #749376
08/25/11 11:00 PM
08/25/11 11:00 PM
On the computer
cruise02 Offline
Addicted Boomer
cruise02  Offline
Addicted Boomer

On the computer
Hey! I didn't see this until now - is this deal still on? I do gameplay screenshot captures that I use to create graphic novels/comic books (in full color). Do I qualify for a free copy of this game?

"AlienBZ to Quasar Command...Have completed all tasks on this planet. Beam me up, please." note: AlienBZ = my other name
Re: The Count of Monte Cristo: how to get a free pre-release copy [Re: cruise02] #749395
08/26/11 02:40 AM
08/26/11 02:40 AM
EnterTheStory Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer

If it results in a extra sale of the game to somebody, definitely!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (soot), 95 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users