GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#778660 - 01/04/12 08:58 AM The 39 Steps-coming soon....
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Amazon (U.K) have a release date of 29th June 2012 for this game. The developers are Lace Mamba, screenshots look interesting. Can't find any further details about gameplay, but hope its either 1st or 3rd person. One to look forward to during the long, cold winter months. winter

#778663 - 01/04/12 09:08 AM Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... [Re: Upsydaisy]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
It is not an adventure game, it is an interactive story.

Ana wave

#778665 - 01/04/12 09:11 AM Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
It is not an adventure game, it is an interactive story.

Ana wave

The graphics are absolutely beautiful, though. I found a fairly recent article with screenshots here.

Gil.

#778699 - 01/04/12 11:34 AM Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... [Re: Upsydaisy]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
It does look like an intriguing way to adapt a novel. The only user input is to digitally "turn the page"?

#778713 - 01/04/12 12:44 PM Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... [Re: Becky]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Originally Posted By: Becky
It does look like an intriguing way to adapt a novel. The only user input is to digitally "turn the page"?

Well, they say that " It also has an array of intuitive interactive elements (Story Mechanics), that are used to give the player control over the story, so no player experience will ever be exactly the same."

So, I suppose you can fall off an Alp. I doubt you'll die, though, since they seem to be aiming at the widest possible audience. grin

Gil.

#778734 - 01/04/12 03:29 PM Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... [Re: Upsydaisy]
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Thanks everyone, still sounds interesting enough to capture the imagination. Sometimes it takes me a while to really get into a book and this may be the next step up from ebooks.
May even be a good way to help children who struggle to read and are easily bored by text.

Wonder if there is going to be a demo?

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (dianne, Lex, Chief, RebKean, Melia, Haroula, kjos, Barb, Marian, 1 invisible), 92 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users