GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Real Myst App for iPad #816630
06/19/12 07:24 PM
06/19/12 07:24 PM
New Hampshire
SuMac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SuMac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

New Hampshire
I was thrilled to discover this app for my new iPad and I'm downloading it now. It'll probably take hours. I can't wait to see how it compares to the CD version I played on my old computer.

My iPad is only a few weeks old, and there probably many adventure games out there that I have yet to discover. Anyway it gives me a chance to replay the game that got me started on this whole big Adventure.

Re: Real Myst App for iPad [Re: SuMac] #816631
06/19/12 07:26 PM
06/19/12 07:26 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
I'm curious as to how the quality of the graphics translates to the iPad. Let ue know! wave

Re: Real Myst App for iPad [Re: SuMac] #816649
06/19/12 08:50 PM
06/19/12 08:50 PM
New York
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mary  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New York
Me, too! I'll be getting a new iPad soon (I hope) and would LOVE to get Myst on it!

The answer is....chocolate! Who cares what the question is.....
Re: Real Myst App for iPad [Re: SuMac] #816814
06/20/12 04:32 PM
06/20/12 04:32 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
Let's just say I never liked Myst and never played it more than just the beginning on the PC. But on the iPad it was very nice, I even played it a bit longer before I gave up.

On the iPad do a search on Microids, you will get all the Dracula, Amerzone, The Last King of Africa (Paradise), Atlantis III The New World, Jules Verne's Journey to the Centre of the Moon, Louvre The Messenger, Egypt 1 and 2, Versailles 2, etc. Most of them come in 3 parts, but they are inexpensive now (highly reduced in price).

I also suggest the four Back to the Future, Broken Sword 1 and 2, Nostradamus (that one seems to have disappeared), and there are so many versions of Monkey Island, I really don't know where to start.

You might want to look as well at an interactive novel of Nancy Drew Shadow Ranch HD. I enjoyed it much more than playing the game, it is really something new, never seen before. I wish they would do more of those.

Make sure you buy the HD versions, sometimes it is an even better definition than the PC versions. I can't wait to have that kind of resolution on a larger screen. In the meantime I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality, these retina screens are something you will not be able to live without. It really compensates for the smaller size of the screen. If the HD games were identical to the PC versions like Amerzone, I think I would prefer to play them on the iPad. Everything really comes to life.

It is also worth upgrading to iPad 3, the difference is amazing. They are all updating the games to HD at the moment... Better quality comes out every week and you just update, you don't have to buy them again.

Last edited by rmt; 06/20/12 04:40 PM.
Re: Real Myst App for iPad [Re: SuMac] #816836
06/20/12 07:22 PM
06/20/12 07:22 PM
New Hampshire
SuMac Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SuMac  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

New Hampshire
I have the iPad 3 and I was amazed at how beautiful the graphics look. So far the game seems the same as the original - the only difference I could tell is that a different actor is the voice of Atris (I think). Anyway I'm loving roaming around Myst Island and I'll certainly be looking for other adventure games for the iPad. Thank you RMT for your list, especially Amerzone, another one of my favorites.

Re: Real Myst App for iPad [Re: SuMac] #817273
06/22/12 03:10 PM
06/22/12 03:10 PM
T
Theresalou Offline
Junior Boomer
Theresalou  Offline
Junior Boomer
T

a big thank you from me as well. i loved the whole Myst series and have missed it. will be downloading instantly on my iPad3. i hope they put out Riven (the best of the series) and Exile as well.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 333 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users