GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#853497 - 12/03/12 10:22 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kentucky
Great review Rushes! I just finished it and sure glad you found it challenging too. It sure was more challenging for me. Don't think I have ever done so many second chances or not knowing where to go or what to do next. :lol:
Thank goodness for Mag's walkthrough. Don't know how she does it, but I sure thank her.
Kay

#853500 - 12/03/12 10:38 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

The 2 Zap-up puzzles were both trial and error for me. The logic was elusive. My carpal tunnel cried. :lol:

The last puzzle; I took a screen capture and worked that at my leisure. Cut and paste the components using my graphics program. Hahahahah. Is that cheating? wink12

I had help from Her Interactive.

#853507 - 12/03/12 11:08 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: MaG]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Originally Posted By: MaG

The last puzzle; I took a screen capture and worked that at my leisure. Cut and paste the components using my graphics program. Hahahahah. Is that cheating? wink12

I wish I'd thought of that! sherlock grin12 wave12

#853509 - 12/03/12 11:21 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kentucky
Hi Mag, Your carpal tunnel deserves a wonderful rest now. No way is that cheating when you just slow it down a little.
I finally just copied a few of your answers to the puzzles that I couldn't do in the amount of time they gave you. Now that's cheating!!! :lol: Thank you so much for doing the walkthrough.
Kay

#853724 - 12/04/12 11:51 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Thank you Rushes for an interesting and insightful review. I'll be buying the game eventually as I need my annual ND 'fix' - sounds like it's going to drive me up the wall! crazy

#853733 - 12/04/12 12:23 PM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: chrissie]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Let us know what you think of the game, chrissie; this game made me feel quite stupid! grin12

#856912 - 12/17/12 03:23 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
meryl Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Wales
Just finished. Phew!
When I started the game I thought I would be both bored and right out of my comfort zone. The latter was certainly true; my brain just isn't wired to understand physics.
Bored? I loved it. It was so challenging, the puzzles so intriguing. I, also, had to peek at the walkthrough many times but found that I didn't lose the immersion in the plot.
Playing at master level, there were no phone calls from "dopey Ned". Such a relief not to have stupid Bess twittering away too.
This was a really "grown up" game.
So many thanks to Rushes for a review that made me want to try the game even when the synopsis on HER's website convinced me this game wasn't my thing.
And many thanks to MaG for getting me through it.
Long Live Gameboomers!

Edited by meryl (12/17/12 03:24 AM)

#856940 - 12/17/12 07:57 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Very glad that you enjoyed it, meryl! The Master level has major benefits then, in eradicating Ned. lol12

#857036 - 12/17/12 01:22 PM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I love Ned, don't you? He is so conventional and grounded. His girlfriend is never around, risking her life all the time, and he does not complain much.

I also love so far the details and complexity concerning how to produce electricity and Tesla's research. I think it is important for children to know that, if we are ever to solve the energy crisis and save the planet.

And if you think back to the Tomb of the Lost Queen, all this egyptology and hieroglyphs were not easy either.

#857162 - 12/18/12 03:36 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
meryl Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Wales
I like Ned too and was surprised to hear he was "dopey" in the Amateur version. He and Nancy have always been so much more mature than the Hardy boys and Bess. (George is OK)
I find Nancy Drews quite challenging and the only reason I now play at senior level is so I can avoid much of the inane chatter.
Like you, I enjoy learning something complicated in each game. The games are very educational and i wish they had a wider distribution among young people in the UK. It's a fun way of learning... though not painless!

#857173 - 12/18/12 05:38 AM Re: Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device -- A Review by Rushes [Re: Rushes]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Thanks Rushes. I have the game but haven't started playing yet. Sounds like I'll like the master level.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Mad, goldqueen, Pandora, Koala, Darlene, J. King, manxman, CanukDenis, CCbomber, michele rose), 60 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users