GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#856033 - 12/13/12 09:47 AM Mumbo Jumbo Issues
Cue Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: The Outer Limits
I bought the disk version of Mumbo Jumbo's "Midnight Mysteries - Devil on the Mississippi".

By default, when I installed the game it wanted to install "Gamebar" and set Web Search as my default search engine. If I select the custom install I can deselect them both but then when I try to launch the game I get a "debug report" that apparently is supposed to improve the game in the future.

So I went to the Mumbo Jumbo website to see if there was a way to install the game without the add-on and without making changes to my computer and Norton notified me that it had just stopped a malicious toolkit attack!

Sounds pretty suspicious to me. Has anyone else had problems like this with Mumbo Jumbo games?
Did you ever stop to think and then forget to start again?

#856043 - 12/13/12 10:03 AM Re: Mumbo Jumbo Issues [Re: Cue]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I stick with BigFish for this reason.

Hopefully someone that has bought a game from them can tell you if this is the norm. It sounds like a lot more than you bargained for just to install a game.

Ana luck
Don't feed the Trolls

#856066 - 12/13/12 10:49 AM Re: Mumbo Jumbo Issues [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Several years ago I purchased a couple of boxed Mumbo Jumbo games and nothing like what you describe ever happened to me, Cue. Maybe things have changed in the interim? headscratch wave12

#856098 - 12/13/12 01:22 PM Re: Mumbo Jumbo Issues [Re: Cue]
family Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: georgia
i brought mumbo jumbo 3 midnight games install the gamebar and web search nothing happen, and uninstall gamebar and web search.

Edited by family (12/13/12 01:22 PM)

#856380 - 12/14/12 03:20 PM Re: Mumbo Jumbo Issues [Re: Cue]
Cue Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: The Outer Limits
Thanks everyone.

I had one other Midnight Mystery game that came in a four-pack that I didn't have any problems with. I think for the price, I'll leave this one alone.
Did you ever stop to think and then forget to start again?

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Draclvr, joanieS, lexxy, misslilo, Cari, looney4labs, Gimme, Marian, Beerhead, 8dognight), 55 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Kamaljeet, gazda, fifasafe, ben309, RedDiamond11
8753 Registered Users