GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#870983 - 02/27/13 05:14 PM Re: Burning Downloaded Game to CD [Re: UruKat]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Well, no. Mine doesn't show them either. I don't think the GOG downloader retains any of the game files once you close it, which makes sense. Why would you want them there (all those megs, sometimes gigabytes) in two places?

Couldn't say what the AS downloader does as I prefer to dl any game I buy from them in my browser.

Gil.

#871082 - 02/28/13 09:37 AM Re: Burning Downloaded Game to CD [Re: UruKat]
monbron Online   content
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kent UK
Ok I give up, I know I have done exactly what you said with Riven but I get the message the files are corrupted. I did hear from GOG (good service!) and I now have the files on their downloader but that still doesn't help. I tried with Deponia (Adventure Shop) but there are no files in My Documents, I did I think find the files in App data but I seem to be going round and round in circles, I guess I will just have to redownload when I want to play them, its just that I have such slow Broadband here, (average 0.67) it takes forever/all night to download and I thought it would be quicker to save to disc. frown

#871173 - 02/28/13 06:00 PM Re: Burning Downloaded Game to CD [Re: monbron]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: monbron
its just that I have such slow Broadband here, (average 0.67) it takes forever/all night to download and I thought it would be quicker to save to disc. frown

No it can actually be a good bit slower -- especially if your burning software times out because your connection is so slow and you have to start over because of corrupted/aborted files. It's better to get all the files onto your hard drive before you start burning them -- and make sure they're the size GOG indicates. If a file is supposed to be 2GB and the file you downloaded is only 700MB, you know the file is no good.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (dorish, Redz, kjos, curly, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users