GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#885569 - 05/04/13 02:03 PM Re: can't get on BFG after 13 years [Re: Homer6]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Homer6
If BFG is the only site Patsy is having trouble with, would a virus, or something, be the cause? Don't these type infections keep a person from going to any site? It isn't affecting her access to GB, because she's here asking for help. So why pick on BFG?

I'm not clear from Patsy's description whether any other sites are affected. But virus certainly can pick on certain sites -- espececially if they're sites that the infected computer frequently visits. It seems that what's affected is the login process that Big Fish uses, which may be different from the login process GB uses in some way.

Quote:
Is there a log that can be watched to see what processes are occurring when logging in or going to a site? If so, it would help to know what's occurring when she tries to login at BFG.

I guess you could use Sysinternals tools like Process Explorer or Process Monitor to try to track what's going on.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

#885601 - 05/04/13 04:56 PM Re: can't get on BFG after 13 years [Re: PATSY]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: PATSY
I downloaded a game and it let me. but when I go to buy it'll probably grab my cc

Do you mean you want to use your credit/coupon rather than have your cc charged for the game?

In any case, it sounds like you're having trouble with the secure sign in for Big Fish, but not the initial sign in. Secure logins are a little different than regular logins. I checked Big Fish's help page, and besides the usual advice for making sure email and PW are correct, clearing the browser cache, and trying another browser, they advise this:

Quote:
If the issue persists, make sure that the date and time settings on your computer are correct:

1.Right click on the Time/Clock display in the bottom right corner of your screen, then select Adjust date/time.

2.Make sure that the date and time settings are configured to use your current date and time. Confirm that your Time Zone is set correctly and then click OK.
Trouble Signing in to Big Fish Account

Big Fish also suggests checking out this page for more help:
Trouble with Secured Logins Using IE

The Windows site offers more advanced troubleshooting, but I thought you might want to double-check your computer time and date--since that advice hadn't been suggested yet.

Edited by lanlynk (05/04/13 05:29 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (Homer6, traveler, Marian), 46 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users