GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Black Mirror #88772
12/07/03 12:24 PM
12/07/03 12:24 PM
Ankara-Turkey
A
aMaK Offline OP
Shy Boomer
aMaK  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
A

Ankara-Turkey
I m a new member,and this is my first post...so forgive me if i do "anything" wrong =)

At first i thought the noble guy (ourself) seemed so annoying...The conversations were too fake..But the games magic makes you become a noble gentleman in a while.There are some problems such as undetailed savings.The biggest problem is that the game doesnt say"its over"when you do something wrong and cannot finish the game...(Be extremely carefull when you SHOOT-this may be a hint to players without ruining it),So save often.
There are some classic "solutions",which can also be seen in Broken Sword 3.
another hint- If you get stuck while opening the jewel box-knights move in L shaped path
Besides this game saves you from spending a lot of time at wrong stuff.Sometimes the inventory changes automatically so you dont try to cut a gem with tootbrush
The game also prevents you go unnecessary places while you are on a puzzle,or job.
The materials which was not able to pick up or use can be usable after doing something so be carefull about that..I know that someone will say like.."this is an adventure game,we know that" but its not like that..you ll see =)
You can see the screenexits bye pressing the TAB button..
As conclusion
The game has an incredible story,and adrenaline.I think the game is a real classic.....This game is absolutely in my topten list..

HAVE FUN

Re: Black Mirror #88773
12/07/03 05:26 PM
12/07/03 05:26 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi aMak! Welcome, and thanks for the review. I agree with your observation about the game shutting off unnecessary areas to visit -- this did save a lot of traipsing back and forth (though even with this feature it did feel to me as though I was going back and forth a lot).

Like you, I enjoyed the game a great deal, especially the story and the graphics. I liked the Edwardian architecture, all the little details and the golden light in much of the game with its late-afternoon glow. Black Mirror's graphics were so different than typical gloomy gothic-horror graphics, yet the environments were creepy in their own subtle way. You can tell that a lot of tender loving care went into creating the gameworld.

Re: Black Mirror #88774
05/18/04 04:03 PM
05/18/04 04:03 PM
Georgia
B
Banshee Offline
Junior Boomer
Banshee  Offline
Junior Boomer
B

Georgia
Just finished Black Mirror and thought it was a
great game. I love gothic mysteries and this was
right down my line. I felt I was immersed in the
action, in the environments, in the rain, in the big
old castle. I did need a saved game for the Zodiac
puzzle, but when I got that the rest went smoothly.
There were lots of fun things, like the jig-saw type
puzzles, going places just by clicking on a map, the
solar system puzzle, going far down underground,
the catacomb maze at the end--fun! fun! I really
enjoyed the game.
I was disappointed in the end when the hero had
another side to him which was shocking. And the
end was a bit weird, but loved the game and would
recommend it! Banshee

Re: Black Mirror #88775
05/21/04 10:23 AM
05/21/04 10:23 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Texas
Welcome aMak, and thanks for the review! You're right, that shooting puzzle was a bit tricky - stumped a lot of players. Even with the irratic storyline, I really enjoyed this game a lot, and am looking forward to the developer's next game that they are working on.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Black Mirror #88776
07/12/04 03:38 AM
07/12/04 03:38 AM
Spain
Moogie Offline
Settled Boomer
Moogie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Spain
I really enjoyed Black Mirror too. I would agree about the stilted conversations; the accents were awful too. It made a change to have a different sort of ending from the usual ones. My main complaint was I found the dialogue too wordy. Isn't it difficult with adventure games to have just the right amount of speech? If it goes on too long, I stop concentrating and then miss something vital; well that's my excuse!

Re: Black Mirror #88777
07/14/04 01:24 AM
07/14/04 01:24 AM
Arizona, U.S.A.
maggie57 Offline
Addicted Boomer
maggie57  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Arizona, U.S.A.
Hello All-

I finished this game and really liked it, I was just unhappy with the ending, I will not say as others are still playing this game and it would not be fair. But I hope they figure out a way to bring out another one. On my computer, which is fairly high speed and up to date, it worked perfect, no glitches at all. If the rating was 10+ I would give it a 9 3/4 +.

Margo wave

Re: Black Mirror #88778
07/14/04 05:48 AM
07/14/04 05:48 AM
Thessaloniki,Greece
adventurelover Offline
Shy Boomer
adventurelover  Offline
Shy Boomer

Thessaloniki,Greece
Well, I see that everyone loved this game and the only disadvantage you have mentioned is the voice dialogues.Personally,I loved the wonderful and detailed graphics and generally the whole atmosphere,however when the plot started to unfold,I gained a feel of disgust about the whole plot and everything.So much blood...Why,in my opinion,ruin the game with so much blood?You might say that all this action games that so many people play include much more blood.Well,yes,but there are people like me that actually never play such games.They play only adventures and The Sims.I think that this detail in some brain and heads and so much blood it just shouldn't be there.When all these things started to happen in the game I didn't like it at all.I finished it just out of curiosity,to see if the end will make the game any better,but oh! exactly the opposite!As I said the game was wonderful in the start,with all the mystery and the wonderful locatons of the castle but the rest...The *SPOILER* were too many -five!!!-and with much blood and the complete frame change of the ending...I mean,I like frame changes but not similar to that!

Re: Black Mirror #88779
07/18/04 02:37 PM
07/18/04 02:37 PM
Georgia
H
Harefoot Offline
Junior Boomer
Harefoot  Offline
Junior Boomer
H

Georgia
Hello, i'm new to Gameboomers as well and have to say i'm enjoying Black Mirror alot. Its been a long time since I played adventure type games but I do beleive that after playing Darkfall and now Black Mirror that I'm readdicted to a great genre of games. I just hope they end up making a Black Mirror 2 or something similiar. I really enjoy the dark, creepy, mysterious games.

Re: Black Mirror #88780
10/18/04 11:51 PM
10/18/04 11:51 PM
California
naturalanomaly Offline
Shy Boomer
naturalanomaly  Offline
Shy Boomer

California
I loved Black Mirror for the most part. THe level of detail in it was amazing. The plot was interesting and kept me interested (for the most part). Plus i was able to get through it without using tutorials for the most part (i used them twice and got a saved game when i messed up on the shooting thing)which brings in BIG points in my book

I have a weak stomache...so the amount of blood in this game kinda bothered me...but i don't count that against the game because it is a lot better than a lot of horror movies out there now.

The only thing that really disapointed me was the ending, even more than the ending itself i was disapointed by the whole last chapter. I mean i was totally into it upto the beginning of chapter 6...but it lost me there. This is all just my opinion though.

Currently playing: Dreamfall
Currently reading: The Loch
Re: Black Mirror #88781
06/06/05 03:16 AM
06/06/05 03:16 AM
ShadowSoldier6x6 Offline
Shy Boomer
ShadowSoldier6x6  Offline
Shy Boomer

i am currently enjoying this game very much.. though quite frustrating at tunes, i enjoy just about every part of it. the voices and the diolague occassionally seem lengthy, but i think it gives the overall effect of a hard journey. i, unfortunately, am very curious and like to do things in the game that often make me.. well, die. my only advice is nothing in this game is improbable. think hard enough, and regardless of the "imaginative" options, you'll find your way. just think about what would kill you in real life, and dont touch those things. hehe.

♥ Paper + Pen = True Love ♥
Re: Black Mirror #88782
06/06/05 07:31 PM
06/06/05 07:31 PM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
I really enjoyed this game too. I think it compared nicely to "Mystery of the Druids" in gameplay. Loved both Dark Fall games and TLJ as well. Anymore I laugh when I die and pray I have a saved game. rotfl

So many games, so little time.
Re: Black Mirror #88783
07/06/05 11:27 PM
07/06/05 11:27 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
HI thumbsup TAC

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Black Mirror #88784
07/10/05 04:53 PM
07/10/05 04:53 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Black Mirror - without a doubt my all-time favourite. So atmospheric, with a great plot, and lots of heartstopping exciting bits - especially the "twist" at the end! I did tend to be a bit of a clumsy doofus, though. Got myself killed more times than is strictly advisable - "ooo, what happens if I touch this dangly electricity cable..?" *fffzzzzapppp!!*

Great fun!

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Black Mirror #88785
07/10/05 05:01 PM
07/10/05 05:01 PM
Pinson, Al USA
Robert Offline
Addicted Boomer
Robert  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Pinson, Al USA
Hi Rushes ,

welcome to Gameboomers !!

I loved this game too . The detail and the sound effects really had me immersed in it .

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (oldbroad, Pandora, 3 invisible), 244 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users