GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#902348 - 07/19/13 03:32 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Oldman,

I believe there are 2 parts to complete the game.

In this case-game, the first part is quite long if the gamer doesn't play with a walkthrough. Hopefully the second part is also the same length.

#902350 - 07/19/13 03:54 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
Thank you MaG. I finished the demo and now will have to play through that bit again. I like what I see so far and the fact that there are only 2 parts is some consolation.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#902398 - 07/19/13 06:54 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

According to this correspondence that Browneyedtigre had with Phoenix Studios earlier in this thread, Face Noir is a full game with a sequel to follow. That, to me, doesn't mean an episodic or a Part 1, Part 2 of one game so now I am confused.

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I already have an answer. lol (Making up for earlier faux pax grin )

The game is not cut from the German version it was cut from the original design that Mad Orange had envisioned so it will be released as Face Noir (a new and improved full version) and then followed by a sequel.

Now let me check on DRM...

#902399 - 07/19/13 07:10 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I passed along the info as I received it. Technically the answer was correct on that this game is the same as the German version.

#902400 - 07/19/13 07:16 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

If that is what Mad Orange wanted to do; they should do an ending that would not leave the gamers wondering what happens next. Maybe they should have removed the last minute or two of the ending cutscene. laugh

Based on the title - Other side or Black side (maybe wrong translation - correct me please) the first "part" is accurate as one game.

#902475 - 07/20/13 10:36 AM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: MaG]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Delaware, USA
Downloaded and installed the demo. It looks like a really good game. I like the music and the story so far. However, I'm not going to be able to play the game. It's very frustrating because everything is brown and I cannot distinguish what is what. I can't tell what I've got in inventory. I decreased the resolution to 1024 x 768, and it helped, but I still can't really tell what's in inventory. I think I've got a camera, but that's all I can make out. I wish there were labels at least to the inventory so I could go from that.

However, I'm not going to be able to play this interesting game because I can't see it properly. What a bummer!

#902478 - 07/20/13 10:42 AM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Sharon, check out THIS thread in Glitches. It relates to the lighting in the game. I wonder if tweaking the setting as mentioned would help?

#902508 - 07/20/13 02:19 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: Rushes]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks for the help Rushes. But I had already chosen that option and it didn't help. I'm just really disappointed that I'm going to miss out on a game that has so much potential to be one of the really good ones.

I guess I could play it and just guess what's in inventory - try everything... No, that won't work for me. I like to know what I'm doing and do it deliberately.

Thanks again for the link Rushes.

Sharon

#902509 - 07/20/13 02:23 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

You're welcome. It's a shame that it didn't make any difference for you. frown I wonder how many others are experiencing the same issue.

Edit: This is what MaG says at the beginning of her walkthrough:

At start of the game; see the settings frame. Here you can select display and sound settings. The display has choice for display device, colors, antialiasing and the aspect ratio. Sound device can be chosen at sound settings.
The main menu has continue, start, load, options, credits and exit. At bottom left, choice of language can be selected: English, Italiano and Russian.
Options have 3D or 2D inventory selection; subtitles and shadows for video and volumes for main, music, environment and voices for Audio. The keyboard controls are shown.
Under options, I recommend that you use Detective (3D) to get clues in the game as well as other features.

In 2D; the inventory is at top of the screen. Right click at item to see the eye icon. Click again to get a description of that item.

So it's possible at least to see what you have in your inventory.

Did you try adjusting any of the other display settings? think

Edited by Rushes (07/20/13 02:29 PM)

#902513 - 07/20/13 02:49 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: Rushes]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks Rushes! I'm going to reinstall the demo right now and try the right clicking on inventory and the detective setting. I'll let you know if this fixes my problem. Also, I'm going to read Mag's walkthru. smile

#902515 - 07/20/13 02:51 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Crossing fingers that it helps! laugh

#902517 - 07/20/13 03:09 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: Rushes]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

It worked - It worked!!

As usual Rushes I ran my mouth before I had all the facts! I did not pay attention to the details about playing the game. This time I did. I didn't know that the spacebar opened inventory. I just ran the cursor at the top and bottom of the screen till I got an inventory line. When you open inventory using the spacebar it shows a much clearer picture and clicking on that with the eye icon gives you a verbal description. The 3d inventory is much better than the 2d - at least for me. I can now play the game.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Sharon catrub

#902518 - 07/20/13 03:13 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Great stuff! yay yay Enjoy the game!

#902532 - 07/20/13 04:37 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: Rushes]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

After carefully scrutinizing my finances, counting my chickens before they've hatched, putting all my eggs in one basket and coughing up dough... Yes, I do believe I can make this purchase! laugh

Is the developer madorange or is that the publisher? - I keep an inventory of my games so I usually have to do a search for the developer/publisher and release date.

#902534 - 07/20/13 05:00 PM Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
The answer is in the announcement in the first post Sharon.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Marian, rmt, traveler, gamer924, jimrh69, kjos, Draclvr, Pokey, Darlene, 1 invisible), 61 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Bellman, B_McAtee, pignose, Mistywarren, keonie
8511 Registered Users