GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#950308 - 04/16/14 06:48 AM Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer [Re: traveler]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Thanks BrownEyedTigre for the links - it's looking good!

Originally Posted By: traveler
So, it doesn't bother anyone that Gabe looks so sweet and girlish and 'flat' in the remake?

Yes, I do agree traveler that Gabe looks too sweet and girlish & am surprised at him not being portrayed as more rugged but.....

It also interested me that there are no voices in that very brief trailer.
The developers must be expecting some blow back from the new voices; I can't think of another reason not to at least let us hear Gabe.

....I've just read recently that the voice actor for Gabe is a great fan of the series & has managed to emulate Tim curry's voice well enough to hardly tell the difference. If that's true then the combination of that with Gabe's appearance could work in the game & possibly be very appealing? Also Gabe will still retain his original personality.

I'm always too critical, you may think, but I thoroughly enjoyed GK1 with it's messy, masculine, self-absorbed Gabe and I didn't and don't understand the need for a remake of an excellent game.
GK4 would be more to the point.

I completely disagree - although the graphics were probably very good for the time I think such an excellent game deserves a lot better now it's possible!
I had to play the original in windowed mode & even then the game was very pixellated.

I have read that if the game is successful there are no plans to remake either GK2 or GK3 but a GK4 is on the agenda!

Edited by chrissie (04/16/14 06:51 AM)

#950332 - 04/16/14 10:00 AM Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer [Re: chrissie]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
....I've just read recently that the voice actor for Gabe is a great fan of the series & has managed to emulate Tim curry's voice well enough to hardly tell the difference. If that's true then the combination of that with Gabe's appearance could work in the game & possibly be very appealing? Also Gabe will still retain his original personality.

Wow !! That's music to MY ears, chrissie !! And thank you for letting us know yay

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Uncle Reg, BrownEyedTigre, luv2travel, stevefox, CanukDenis, Marian, Dave McB), 74 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj
8495 Registered Users